Superman vs Batman movie coming in 2015!

Wonder Woman movie has been production hell. I think I recall a rumor of Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman.

I know along with the 2 or 3 times they have tried to get it on TV but now with a supposed "DC Universe" created in Man of Steel I think they now have to do it with a Justice League film considering her along with Superman & Batman are the big three.

Next year at Comic-Con that's when I expect to here something.

I expect with most all of these characters they will go with actors who are relatively unknown or (TV actors) like Henry Cavill who had only had bit parts except for The Tudors which I haven't scene.

It's still a factual representation of how Batman has no chance at all of beating Superman in a random encounter. Not just Superman, Captain Marvel, Black Adam, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, or any other powerhouse.

A writer can write this character beating that character but it can still be bad, or horrid.
For example in Amazon's Attack Batman freakin pushes Circe, and a foe that fight's Wonder Woman is defeated by a single freakin push from Batman. One example of the worst writing in DC and Comic Books History.

That's the only problem with Batman. in a random encounter, whose to say bats isn't carrying Kryptonite in his belt? He often does. In comics, unless you are a literal god (and even then that's iffy, see Superman Prime), you can be beaten by anyone. How many have lost to Squirrel Girl? and it wasn't hilariously bad how they did it, just hilariously bad.

If we're really strict, there is only one "power wise" unstoppable person in the entire DCU that isn't a god no matter the situation, and that should be the Flash.

Now we wait while many many people wonder what the hell I'm talking about when I say he may be the most OP character in both DC and Marvel that isn't an explicit deity, and he's more OP than some of them even.

That's the only problem with Batman. in a random encounter, whose to say bats isn't carrying Kryptonite in his belt? He often does. In comics, unless you are a literal god (and even then that's iffy, see Superman Prime), you can be beaten by anyone. How many have lost to Squirrel Girl? and it wasn't hilariously bad how they did it, just hilariously bad.

If we're really strict, there is only one "power wise" unstoppable person in the entire DCU that isn't a god no matter the situation, and that should be the Flash.

Now we wait while many many people wonder what the hell I'm talking about when I say he may be the most OP character in both DC and Marvel that isn't an explicit deity, and he's more OP than some of them even.

Even with kryptonite in his utility belt Superman could see it using xray vision then using heat vision to destroy it.
I think this was done to show Superman when not holding back is Batman's worst nightmare for random encounters, also to show Batman is not unbeatable.

What is OP short for in your post?

What do you mean by Hilariously bad?
I think I recall reading about Doctor Doom getting overwhelmed by a horde of squirrels. If her greatest advantage is low expectation like she is incapable of winning maybe that's her greatest strength.

Just not sure why people love jgl so much.
He is a good co star but not realistic as the main guy.

Batman has a file on every hero in the world and their weakness in case they ever go bad. Yes, Batman is a little nuts.

Batman also has a photographic memory and has watched how Superman fights. Most people do not change their fighting style and Superman really never has either.

If Batman was caught off guard by Superman, Superman would clearly win.

If he was not caught off guard it would be a very good match up.

Thanks for the info guys. Seems like a lot of you think this is a bad idea. Those of you that think this is a bad idea would you prefer just another stand alone Superman movie and a some what of a reboot to Batman?

I've not seen the Superman movie, so I can't really say if it deserves a sequel. Although, the quality of the movie is usually the last thing they look at when deciding to make a sequel.

And honestly, I don't think they should reboot Batman this early. Nolan's trilogy is still fresh in everyone's memory and any new project that didn't have him directing would be scrutinized into the ground.

All this talk of a JL movie. I just don't buy it. WB or whoever owns the DC rights, should look at what Marvel is doing. Every character in the avengers has their own movies (aside from the SHIELD agents, who have their own tv show now) to set up their characters in the same universe. This is a great strategy because people will go see the Avengers and want to see the other individual super hero movies and how they tie all together. Marvel is really smoking DC in that regard.

But DC's other problem with that type of setup? Character identity and marketability. You saw what happened when they tried to get things going with a Green Lantern movie, which was a complete disaster. And the Superman movie hasn't exactly lit the world on fire reviews-wise. Now, couple that with the fact that you have to possibly make a Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Flash, probably another not-terrible Green Lantern, to even lay the foundation for a JL movie. There is the problem. WB or whoever makes the decisions will not green light a movie for these minor characters in the DC universe. It's such a gamble for big studios to undertake a JL movie that I don't think it will happen, at least not in the near future.

All this talk of a JL movie. I just don't buy it. WB or whoever owns the DC rights, should look at what Marvel is doing. Every character in the avengers has their own movies (aside from the SHIELD agents, who have their own tv show now) to set up their characters in the same universe. This is a great strategy because people will go see the Avengers and want to see the other individual super hero movies and how they tie all together. Marvel is really smoking DC in that regard.

But DC's other problem with that type of setup? Character identity and marketability. You saw what happened when they tried to get things going with a Green Lantern movie, which was a complete disaster. And the Superman movie hasn't exactly lit the world on fire reviews-wise. Now, couple that with the fact that you have to possibly make a Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Flash, probably another not-terrible Green Lantern, to even lay the foundation for a JL movie. There is the problem. WB or whoever makes the decisions will not green light a movie for these minor characters in the DC universe. It's such a gamble for big studios to undertake a JL movie that I don't think it will happen, at least not in the near future.
Don't let critics judge Man of Steel it is the modern take on Superman. The Superman in MOS is the Superman I am used to reading in the comics. Keep in mind Superman Returns was loved by critics and it panned at the box office. If you watch it with a open mind and don't still consider the Richard Donner Superman films to be the end all be all of Superman you will like it.

Also Justice League will happen, its the whole point of them doing this film. I would be shocked if Warner Bros./DC Comics made an announcement like they did last week at Comic-Con with this film and saying that the Flash is coming in 2016 followed by Justice League in Summer of 2017 and end up not doing it.

Keep an eye on the WB show Arrow as well as a possible way they start building to this "DC Universe" it got very good ratings last season and the previews for season 2 look fantastic.

The lead who plays Green Arrow has said he would like to play him in a Justice League film.

I've not seen the Superman movie, so I can't really say if it deserves a sequel. Although, the quality of the movie is usually the last thing they look at when deciding to make a sequel.

And honestly, I don't think they should reboot Batman this early. Nolan's trilogy is still fresh in everyone's memory and any new project that didn't have him directing would be scrutinized into the ground.

You should see the Man of Steel movie.

I think most critics wanted a sequel to the unimpressive Superman Returns, or are living in the past not able to accept this won't be at all like the CReeve Superman movies.
That's why I think it's getting a lot of negativity from critics.

Reactions: 1 person
Even with kryptonite in his utility belt Superman could see it using xray vision then using heat vision to destroy it.
I think this was done to show Superman when not holding back is Batman's worst nightmare for random encounters, also to show Batman is not unbeatable.

What is OP short for in your post?

What do you mean by Hilariously bad?
I think I recall reading about Doctor Doom getting overwhelmed by a horde of squirrels. If her greatest advantage is low expectation like she is incapable of winning maybe that's her greatest strength.

Batman's utility belt is made of lead in any instance he even thinks he might be around superman. Batman is literally the 100% counter to any superhero when given enough time or forethought, that's his superpower. there is a reason that a common trope for planning is called "The Batman Gambit." He is the man who out thinks and has a counter to the counter that you prepared for his counter.

As for OP, I mean, Overpowered. The Flash has access to the flash force. He can exist in all times at once and hit you with the force of infinite punches a millisecond. Even if you manage to kill him, he'll just out run death. Again.

You should see the Man of Steel movie.

I think most critics wanted a sequel to the unimpressive Superman Returns, or are living in the past not able to accept this won't be at all like the CReeve Superman movies.
That's why I think it's getting a lot of negativity from critics.

I agree. Too many people want Christopher Reeves version, but I disagree that his performance was just so epic that it can't be followed up. What happened to him was tragic, but it doesn't mean we should forget the entire character of Superman in the movie media. I mean, we don't hate people for not being Adam West. We can't hate for not being Christopher Reeve. I don't think he even did a Heath Ledger level job on the role, he was just first.

Reactions: 1 person
Batman's utility belt is made of lead in any instance he even thinks he might be around superman. Batman is literally the 100% counter to any superhero when given enough time or forethought, that's his superpower. there is a reason that a common trope for planning is called "The Batman Gambit." He is the man who out thinks and has a counter to the counter that you prepared for his counter.

As for OP, I mean, Overpowered. The Flash has access to the flash force. He can exist in all times at once and hit you with the force of infinite punches a millisecond. Even if you manage to kill him, he'll just out run death. Again.

Batman is a Michael Jordan of Prep but there are characters he could have prep, and would still lose.

Silver Age Superman was one of the Most OP of characters could blow out a Star like it was candle, I think this was when he had the Superhuman Strength able to move planets
Also I think Captain Atom could be added. He can absorb infinite kinds of energies, generate, and manipulate infinite amounts of energy and matter limited only by his Scientific Knowledge, Willpower, and imagination. Able to keep a foe from using their powers of energy blasts, manipulate the eletronic impulses in a person's brain so that person would sleep,etc.
In a way he's like the Silver Surfer and a Green Lantern combined.

Batman is a Michael Jordan of Prep but there are characters he could have prep, and would still lose.

Silver Age Superman was one of the Most OP of characters could blow out a Star like it was candle, I think this was when he had the Superhuman Strength able to move planets
Also I think Captain Atom could be added. He can absorb infinite kinds of energies, generate, and manipulate infinite amounts of energy and matter limited only by his Scientific Knowledge, Willpower, and imagination. Able to keep a foe from using their powers of energy blasts, manipulate the eletronic impulses in a person's brain so that person would sleep,etc.
In a way he's like the Silver Surfer and a Green Lantern combined.

Yeah, when we get to silver age crap, that's when I just kinda of go LOLOLOL and forget a lot of the stuff they handwaved. (Super Knitting comes to mind)

Now if we talk most broken superman versions, its Superman Prime and its not even a discussion. But if we are talking people who can... technically die, it has to be Flash for the most broken. Just read this description

Infinite mass punch - Introduced in Grant Morrison's JLA title. Flash (Wally West), traveling near the speed of light acquired the relativistic mass of such speed to impart blows which could hit with the force of "a white dwarf star," enabling him to knock down such powerful foes as the White Martians with a single punch. Flash's own durability is regulated by the Speed Force in such cases.

I agree. Too many people want Christopher Reeves version, but I disagree that his performance was just so epic that it can't be followed up. What happened to him was tragic, but it doesn't mean we should forget the entire character of Superman in the movie media. I mean, we don't hate people for not being Adam West. We can't hate for not being Christopher Reeve. I don't think he even did a Heath Ledger level job on the role, he was just first.

Exactly it's one interpretation, and it was special including what clearly seem like Clark Kent was the act.

All I know is batman better not lose. Ill take a draw but honestly batman would just hit him with a cryptonit bat rang and stuperman will go down.... Also there isnt a reason for a ww movie just use a cameo in the flash movie like marvel should of done for thor that movie was as bad as the first gl imo.

Yeah, when we get to silver age crap, that's when I just kinda of go LOLOLOL and forget a lot of the stuff they handwaved. (Super Knitting comes to mind)

Now if we talk most broken superman versions, its Superman Prime and its not even a discussion. But if we are talking people who can... technically die, it has to be Flash for the most broken. Just read this description

What do you mean handwaved?
That IMP could possibly kill Doomsday, and it would be the shortest fight in his life.

I think I recall reading that descritpion.
I don't understand the broken.
Yeah if I recall right Superman Prime manipulated a universe, also had some amazing feat vs The Anti Monitor, also was able to damage the armor of Monarch (Nathanial Adam).

The problem with guys like Superman, Thor, etc are that at any given time their upper limits are basically what they need to accomplish in the story. This becomes a problem when you set them up in any "normal" situation. Supes has raced Flash and it was stated he was moving at something like 2K miles per second...and that's running. Flying there's no way he could fill some of the story lines he's had without being WELL over light speed flying. (In a vacuum of course)

Supes could dodge any attack, get to orbit and heat vision nuke Batman before the latter could even finish a single attack motion...IF it were written to Supe's supposed ability.

What do you mean handwaved?
That IMP could possibly kill Doomsday, and it would be the shortest fight in his life.

I think I recall reading that descritpion.
I don't understand the broken.
Yeah if I recall right Superman Prime manipulated a universe, also had some amazing feat vs The Anti Monitor, also was able to damage the armor of Monarch (Nathanial Adam).

Whenever they "rebooted" for the 90's (crisis on infinite earths I think, maybe missing one) They tried to... solidify superman's powers more. You won't see super basket weaving, super smell, super toilet flushing, etc. like they used to do. It used to be, if he needed a way out, he could just have super <insert feat of the day> powers and he'd win.

Whenever they "rebooted" for the 90's (crisis on infinite earths I think, maybe missing one) They tried to... solidify superman's powers more. You won't see super basket weaving, super smell, super toilet flushing, etc. like they used to do. It used to be, if he needed a way out, he could just have super <insert feat of the day> powers and he'd win.
This is just one of the reasons why I don't think the Christopher Reeve films hold up very well. Remember the amnesiac kiss :unsure: or the mysterious plastic (S) shield that he pulls off his outfit? :ermm: or repair stuff with a beam from his eyes? :no: and who could forget being able to make the earth move backward somehow causing time-travel and then moving it forward again. :banghead2:

This is just one of the reasons why I don't think the Christopher Reeve films hold up very well. Remember the amnesiac kiss :unsure: or the mysterious plastic (S) shield that he pulls off his outfit? :ermm: or repair stuff with a beam from his eyes? :no: and who could forget being able to make the earth move backward somehow causing time-travel and then moving it forward again. :banghead2:

Yes. I just read an article on cracked a few minutes ago, and I completely forgot one of the most BS powers he had, Super-Ventriloquism! It's amazing what some of these writers did when he was already the most powerful good guy in his universe at the time.

superman-s-cellophane-s-o.gif

:lolabove: :eek:hmy: :ermm: :unsure: :banghead2: :blink:

Here is some interesting "rumors" news, but it supposedly comes from reliable sources according to the website.

Tyler Hoechlin (MTV's Teen Wolf, 7th Heaven, Road To Perdition) is being heavily considered for the part and will be getting a screen test alongside Henry Cavill. Warner Bros. and Snyder are looking at somebody to play the new Batman with a reputation similar to Cavill's, when Cavill was testing for Superman. It's also said that better known actors could also be testing for the role. As filming is expected to begin in early 2014, screen tests should be happening soon.

Its also being told that the film will have multiple villains and two of them might be Joker and Lex Luthor. Here's what the source said regarding the plot for the Batman/Superman film:
The sequel is set a year after Man of Steel, and the world is still getting used to having this powerful god on the planet who isn't fully trusted by everybody. Batman certainly doesn't trust Superman. Superman doesn't trust Batman; either of which causes the two to clash when they initially meet. They do however pair up to defeat the villains (not 100% confirmed who the villains are). COULD be Luthor and Joker, but only a select few really know that. Luthor is definitely in the sequel and he doesn't like Superman, believing him a threat to the planet.

Another name being thrown around and could be one of the front runners is Joe Manganiello (True Blood, Magic Mike, What To Expect When You're Expecting)

He screen tested for Clark/Superman in Man of Steel but due to scheduling problems with True Blood he was forced out of the running in the final stage.

He said this in an interview with Access Hollywood in a March 5 interview,
"They wanted me to screen test and they actually asked for my measurements for the suit and everything... Their shoot date switched and it would have taken up 11 weeks out of my True Blood schedule. At the end of the day, we couldn't get the schedule to work so that I could go off and screen test. So, regrettably, I never got to screen test, I never got to put the suit on."

VN Store

Back