Supergirl (CW)

No less than 4 times if I'm not mistaken. Strange.

There was a rumor floating around (Can't remember where) that Cavil would be making a cameo. Which is surprising since DC seems to want to keep TV and Movie universe separate

There was a rumor floating around (Can't remember where) that Cavil would be making a cameo. Which is surprising since DC seems to want to keep TV and Movie universe separate

I still like Brandon Routh as Superman but Bryan Singer really screwed the pooch on execution.

I finally got around to watching the pilot. I can't see Man of Steel fittng into this brighter world. This actually felt more like the world of Superman from the comics and not the depressing monochrome world of MoS.

Not to mention:

1: at least 10 years have passed since Kara landed on Earth and it was unclear how long Clark had been Superman before that.

2. Henshaw mentioned that even though some distrusted Supes it wasn't popular to say do. Contrast that with the BvS trailers where it's a hot public debate as to whether Supes is friend or foe.

3. Also the Krypton was completely different from MoS.

------
Overall I liked the pilot but I had some issues.

I don't like hunky Jimmy Olsen. I don't care that he is black but he should be a little nerdier and not look like a former football player.

It bugged me that they mentioned Superman so much but it was almost like he was this absent father figure who dropped Kara off with some foster parents and never came back. After she made her debut saving the plane you would think he would have shown up to offer some words of wisdom of guidance in person, not send a message through Tiki Barber... err... Jimmy.

Still I give the pilot a 7/10 on the TV scale. I'll try to keep up with it.

I still like Brandon Routh as Superman but Bryan Singer really screwed the pooch on execution.

I liked him too and agree about Singer. They guy 'gets' X-Men but missed the mark in Superman.

Last edited:
Would b cool to bring back Tom Welling

You know, I watched the first few seasons of Smallville and it was more drama than anything. If I remember correctly I kept wanting to see him fly but they refused to show it for the longest time. At some point I just kind of gave up on it and stopped watching. Apparently it was successful and remained on air for a total of 10 years though. I probably was watching it mostly for Kristin Kreuk though at the time. :p

Watched an episode last night. Even with the mild attractiveness of Supergirl the show is pretty bad.

Just watched last nights episode with the wife abd kids. Pretty good, I kind of liked supermans brief appearance.

Just watched last nights episode with the wife abd kids. Pretty good, I kind of liked supermans brief appearance.

Total Superman tease! I was not expecting that at all even though it was just a vague digital shot of him.

I'm still trying to figure out if the Director of the DEO is a good guy or a bad guy. I'm not sure what he is.

Total Superman tease! I was not expecting that at all even though it was just a vague digital shot of him.

I'm still trying to figure out if the Director of the DEO is a good guy or a bad guy. I'm not sure what he is.

In the comics his name sake is a bad guy. But his role in the show is already quite different from the comics so I guess it could go another way.

Yea me too.

Don't know if everyone's heard but they have postponed tonight's episode and replaced it with next weeks Thanksgiving themed episode because of the Paris attacks.

The same goes for the NCIS: Los Angeles episode also scheduled for tonight!

Don't know if everyone's heard but they have postponed tonight's episode and replaced it with next weeks Thanksgiving themed episode because of the Paris attacks.

Thanks for updating us.

I'm not trying to turn this into a politics thread but I don't recall broadcasting companies doing stuff like this prior to 9/11. Just another example imo of the growing "political correctness" crowd. I like how this weeks episode of Homeland on Showtime handled it. Instead of pulling the episode they put a warning up at the beginning. It basically said "in light of the Paris attacks there may be scenes in this episode that some may find sensitive." That really is all you have to do.

I'm not trying to turn this into a politics thread but I don't recall broadcasting companies doing stuff like this prior to 9/11. Just another example imo of the growing "political correctness" crowd. I like how this weeks episode of Homeland on Showtime handled it. Instead of pulling the episode they put a warning up at the beginning. It basically said "in light of the Paris attacks there may be scenes in this episode that some may find sensitive." That really is all you have to do.

I don't remember TV shows being altered per se but I do seem to recall some movie releases being changed due to 9/11. There was also a Spider-Man trailer running in theatres which featured the towers that was promptly pulled.

[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-r7qymfa0Q[/youtube]

On a smaller scale there was an issue of Superman shipping that Wed that DC pulled because the first page was a shot of a plane crashed into skyscraper.

Reactions: 1 person
I enjoyed the Thanksgiving episode and we found out more about Kara after she arrived with the Danvers.

I also wonder if Mr. Danvers is really dead?

Last edited:
CONSTANTINE Actor Joins SUPERGIRL as JEMM, SON OF SATURN

Former Constantine actor Charles Halford has been cast as Jemm in CBS's Supergirl. Halford played Chas Handler on the short-lived NBC series as well as a minor character in ABC's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

In comic books, Jemm is billed as the "Son of Saturn" and was originally conceived as the cousin of Martian Manhunter. He appeared in a maxi-series in 1984 by Greg Potter, Gene Colan and Klaus Janson, and was also featured in Grant Morrison's JLA run.

According to CBS, Halford's Jemm is a "powerful alien escapee" who becomes trapped with Hank Henshaw and Alex in the DEO base.

VN Store

Back