Sorry to start a thread on this, but my son and I were

I didn't read the Gettysburg Address or recite the Game Maxims either. So what?

Never admit publicly a lack of education, LOL!

Especially not reading General Neylands maxims here on VN.

I suggest you take maximum protections against knives, spears, guns and flamethrowers quickly, LOL!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Isn't it a little early in the day to be drinking, smoking or whatever it is you're doing to completely misunderstand everything I type?

Then explain. You asked me if football should be banned. Told me that I didn't offer a helpful solution. Then suggested that I'm intoxicated. What am I completely misunderstanding?

Just read posts 72 thru 80 minus 78.

Sorry, that doesn't clear it up for me. I denied being a troll and commented that I'm seeing football changing due to head injuries (targeting personal fouls, ejections, players being held out, coaches being scrutinized for example). Then you asked if football should be banned which I interpret as a snarky question. Were you seriously asking me if I thought football should be banned after I said that I was concerned that head injuries were changing the game? You didn't ask if I thought football would be banned, you asked me if I thought it should be banned. Then you point out that I didn't offer a solution. Help me out here.

Let's be honest. Football players = gladiators of the 21st century....[ Neyland is our version of the coliseum]..keeps the masses [ and me] satisfied.

Let's be honest. Football players = gladiators of the 21st century....[ Neyland is our version of the coliseum]..keeps the masses [ and me] satisfied.

But a lot of parents aren't encouraging their kids to participate with all of the focus on head injuries. That's not good for the game.

Sorry, that doesn't clear it up for me. I denied being a troll and commented that I'm seeing football changing due to head injuries (targeting personal fouls, ejections, players being held out, coaches being scrutinized for example). Then you asked if football should be banned which I interpret as a snarky question. Were you seriously asking me if I thought football should be banned after I said that I was concerned that head injuries were changing the game? You didn't ask if I thought football would be banned, you asked me if I thought it should be banned. Then you point out that I didn't offer a solution. Help me out here.
I thought you had a valid opinion so I seriously asked if you thought football should be banned. Guess I could've followed up in the same post by asking what you thought would be a good solution if not a ban. Sorry for all the confusion.

But a lot of parents aren't encouraging their kids to participate with all of the focus on head injuries. That's not good for the game.

That doesn't mean the answer is to "not hit so hard" as you've implied. The answer is better coaching and better equipment

Reactions: 1 person
That doesn't mean the answer is to "not hit so hard" as you've implied. The answer is better coaching and better equipment

I never implied to not hit so hard either. I said hard hits are causing head injuries which are resulting in football as we know it changing. Then you told me to gtfo of the thread.

I thought you had a valid opinion so I seriously asked if you thought football should be banned. Guess I could've followed up in the same post by asking what you thought would be a good solution if not a ban. Sorry for all the confusion.

No problem hman. Sorry that I didn't catch that it was serious. I had just been told what I'm allowed to post in the thread and was then called a troll.

The hit put on Georgia's punter after the punt block last year is the best hit in recent memory.

Can tell by your username, man. :haha_oh:

Hey Now...

Cat-Squirrel-GIF.gif

When you took issue with the "blood lust for violent hits" what did you mean by that?

Because it sounds a lot like "we shouldn't hit people so hard".

I didn't take issue with anything either. I'm pointing out that there is a connection between violent hits and head injuries. Then head injuries are leading to rules being changed. The posts are celebrating the violent hits. Those that are celebrating violent collisions might be disappointed if they continue to be legislated out of football. Rule makers have even discussed taking kick offs out of the game. I've haven't advocated anything, you're confusing me with other people.

The more Vols I see laying slobberknockers on the other team, the more I like it!

Put the Orange CRUNCH on them, sloberknocker them until they can't stand up!

I want every team to again FEAR having to play Tennessee!

Have them intimidated before they even step on the field.

Pound them down and laugh as they frown.

Old school Tennessee smashmouth football.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

The rules have been changed enough to protect the players so now lets get it on!

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back