Sorry to start a thread on this, but my son and I were

Who was the hit I was thinking of?

It was a SS who played for UT in the 2000s and he layed out a wr against kentucky?

Was it on a receiver with last name knight? I recall his helmet might have been squashed or something.

I believe it was against vanderbilt, and I think it was towards the end of CJMs tenure or the beginning of CPFs.. I remember that it was a clean hit but dang near killed the Vanderbilt player.. That's one I remember it was at vandy

I believe it was Cory Larkins 2001 or 2003, but I maybe wrong. I do know which hit you are talking about though. Absolutely belted the guy.

One of my favs is the hit Leonard Little put on the Bammer QB in '95 when he came around the end virtually untouched.

Other than getting the Win, there's just nothing better than watching our Vols put a serious slobberknocker on somebody!

Hopefully soon we'll get another title...Slobberknocker U for hitting people so hard, LOL!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!

just talking about big hits and I was telling him about a Tennessee special teams player that destroyed a kick returner a few years back. I can't remember his name or what game it was. His name might have been Greg something. If I remember correctly, he fractured his eye socket on the hit. I need to find a video of that hit.

I don't know the answer, I just thought how nice it was for someone to start a post with "my son and I" instead of "me and my son". There is hope at last!

Reactions: 1 person
It wasn't on a kickoff, but Janzen Jackson had a huge hit on a Gator receiver in the end zone several years back. It was devastating. Too bad that Mr. Jackson made such bad choices off the field.

The only big hits I can think of are the hit by Sutton at OK and then a few years back we had a SS (Wilson maybe?) destroy a kid at UK

Oh that's awesome. The biggest hit I can ever remember was gibril Wilson against UK. It broke the KY players fave mask. I've tried to find it on you tube with no success. But that's great someone else remembers it.
Probably the second biggest one was the kid from Auburn junior rosegreen (I believe was his name) against ugh. That one took out the wr (I think his name was brown) for the rest of the season.

Reactions: 2 people
just talking about big hits and I was telling him about a Tennessee special teams player that destroyed a kick returner a few years back. I can't remember his name or what game it was. His name might have been Greg something. If I remember correctly, he fractured his eye socket on the hit. I need to find a video of that hit.

See Dale Carter.

The one that comes to mind is the CAL game at UT where on the opening Kickoff, a CAL TE has he leg broken while trying to block.

Does anyone remember that quarterback sack by a lineman with a short name like Mike or Joe or Tom or something like that. The QB ended up getting a grass stain on his right hip. Anybody remember that?

Eric Westmoreland had a nasty hit on a Vandy receiver that really sticks out to me. Receivers name was Robinson. The bad thing was I couldn't remember if it was Westmoreland or Raynoch Thompson. Googled both players and the first story for each of them were news stories of them being arrested. Raynoch was arrested two days ago for stealing energy pills. Sad.

Oh that's awesome. The biggest hit I can ever remember was gibril Wilson against UK. It broke the KY players fave mask. I've tried to find it on you tube with no success. But that's great someone else remembers it.
Probably the second biggest one was the kid from Auburn junior rosegreen (I believe was his name) against ugh. That one took out the wr (I think his name was brown) for the rest of the season.

I loved watching Gibril Wilson hit. He was a straight up head knocker.

Craig King completely destroyed an Ohio St. dude during a kick off return towards the end of the Citrus Bowl back in the 90s.

Who was the UT player that put a hit on the UCLA QB a few years back and it was good one....during Kiffin's 1st season?

Reactions: 1 person
Eddie Moore vs Kelvin Kight

I'm assuming Kight was the UF player he knocked unconscious. If so, I remember an interview where the UF receiver says he remembered catching the ball, and then his next memory is waking up in the lockerroom. Moore just unleashed a can of whoop ass on him.

VN Store

Back