SI: TN to finish last in SEC EAST

Can someone save all of these links? It would be fun to revisit them in 4 months.

The saddest thing about this is that there is no accountability. These guys do no research, spew out preseason predictions, then no one remembers to hold them accountable at the end... so they keep doing the same stuff AND getting PAID.

Reactions: 1 person
THis is Sports Freaking Illustrated - This isn't Bleacher Report or SDS.....

This surprises me. With all of these horrible predictions from reputable medial outlets, if CBJ gets TN to a bowl he should be considered for SEC COY.

Just saw a bleacher report article that had us competing in just about every game and going 7-5 with a W over florida

Yeah even negavol me thinks we win 5. If we lose 8, things WILL get ugly.

Never lost 8 games in the history of the program and by god we're not planning on starting this year. Especially when we're better this year than last year and our schedule is easier this year than last year.

Just my opinion.

They're setting themselves up to have a great underdog story when we end up being better than projected.

The saddest thing about this is that there is no accountability. These guys do no research, spew out preseason predictions, then no one remembers to hold them accountable at the end... so they keep doing the same stuff AND getting PAID.

It's a prediction.

There is no research in the world that would have had you conclude Florida would be 4-8 last season and Auburn would be a play away from a National Title.

I think some of these predictions are bad too, but they are opinions and are completely meaningless.

If people knew what they were talking about they'd live in Las Vegas and rake in the cash

Reactions: 3 people

This surprises me. With all of these horrible predictions from reputable medial outlets, if CBJ gets TN to a bowl he should be considered for SEC COY.

That author should know better. According to his bio, that guy covered UT sports for the Chattanooga Times Free Press a few years back.

I don't know if I made the prediction here, but I told people auburn would finish ahead of Arky and the Mississippi schools and was told I was crazy

Actually one thing to keep in mind is that web content is done differently than magazine content. Take Athlon - their preseason rankings and projections differed in print and online.

IOW, a lot of content for online, even at legit sites, is designed as click bait. Some sites also use different online writers and ghost writers for online content. Take a look at how poorly that is laid out and the weak analysis - that was on the fly job for the web not the same kind of content that would be written for print.

FWIW I think FL has an Auburn-esque type year, maybe not quite as lucky though

And that's why people end up being wrong because certain things are a guess.

If Florida actually turns it around on offense, that could actually happen.

But, you have to go out on that limb and get lucky because it is impossible to truly know.

If the offense makes that kind of turn around, how could you truly claim that you saw it coming.

FWIW I think FL has an Auburn-esque type year, maybe not quite as lucky though

Last year I cautioned everyone about the latent talent that Auburn had, and the likelihood of a post Chizik turn around totally unrelated to Gus Malzahn. Florida has the talent to win the east, but a coach who is the largest under-performer in relation to talent in the SEC if not the nation. Florida's talent makes them dangerous and their coach makes them unpredictable.

The only teams in the SEC last year that performed well outside of talent predictions were UF, Mizzou and Vandy. The rest fell about what talent would predict historically.

Reactions: 2 people

Yeah but..in the 1990's didnt SI have a hard on for Arizona or Arizona State? Saying they were "the next best thing". We all know how that worked out..

VN Store

Back