SI: TN to finish last in SEC EAST

Vandy has last placed locked up. They may win three games all season. Kentucky is licking their chops to play them.

SI just came out with their pre-season basketball magazine and they picked us 14th out of 14 teams. No way were that bad in basketball even though the entire team is new.

Vandy will be last in that also --- 2 best returning players were kicked off the team earlier this summer

How much respect has this USU team actually earned? Remember, they replace more starters than UT does.

This is a direct shot at Jones. Two teams replacing several players and you predict the one that replaces more and has significantly less talent to win? That shows complete disrespect for the coach of the more talented team.

USU has won a lot of games recently and we have not. USU has played some big programs to the wire and I suppose the perception is those teams were better than Tennessee. I do not think anyone is disrespecting Jones. I have never heard anything but praise for Jones from the media, only calls for patience. That said, Tennessee rolls.

USU has won a lot of games recently and we have not.
And again, what does that have to do with what THIS USU team has actually earned? MOST of the main contributors to those teams that won alot (against much lesser competition) are gone.

USU has played some big programs to the wire and I suppose the perception is those teams were better than Tennessee. I do not think anyone is disrespecting Jones. I have never heard anything but praise for Jones from the media, only calls for patience. That said, Tennessee rolls.

It isn't talent. Any fool could see that UT has the better athletes. It isn't experience to any significant degree. USU replaces just as many or more contributors as UT does with guys who haven't played much. USU's are guys who have been developing in their program who weren't considered greatly talented coming out of HS. UT's are kids noted for having very good talent.

It is easy to make a general statement of "praise". But if you couple that with a prediction that the praised one will lose to a lesser team... it isn't very meaningful. And "patience"... that's just another way of saying we really don't expect the coach to make much of a difference... just new players since he seems to be recruiting well.

Coaching matters. It matters alot.

I think this is the point of it all...Every Media Outlet stated this was a Great Hire for our program. He was here first year signature win and almost two. Top 25 recruiting class. Comes in at the beginning of the 2nd season with a top 5 class, a cultural change and a system that works. Tennessee at home with hungry crowd and players and a G5 team going to come in and beat us....only way they do is if we are not prepared. CBJ thinks FB when he sleeps, eats and craps. Yea it a diss on him by the same people that stated it was the best hire possible at the time.

Thank you sir.:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
I despise Franklin, but he was a coordinator when they hired him.

Vandy will always have to make a choice between coordinators at big league schools and HC's from much lower levels. And even then they will typically be guys that other programs for some reason or another have avoided.

No one knows nothing til the games are played. We don't know how good UGA, Florida are, Kentucky will prob be Kentucky, and Vandy and South Carolina have been less than impressive. The East winner could easily have three SEC losses this year.

No one knows nothing til the games are played. We don't know how good UGA, Florida are, Kentucky will prob be Kentucky, and Vandy and South Carolina have been less than impressive. The East winner could easily have three SEC losses this year.

I think the east comes down to Us and UGA. If we beat them I think we win the east.

Good, good...... I like it.

“Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Love the Art of War quotes, here are two of my favorites.

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”

“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity”
― Sun Tzu, A Arte da Guerra

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back