Scroggins myspace!!!!

It says Scroggins = T Championships. It's gotta mean a great deal to him for him to put it up there. It impacted him. It did it's job. It is a good sign when we are hanging on to every little nugget we can. If Scroggins commits elsewhere, the pic will be strange to have put up.

I concur with this analysis. Who wouldn't be impressed that someone took the time to do this? Everybody wants to feel wanted. Thanks again for those who took the time and effort to paint.

I really think this is part of the plan.

If Scroggins committed to UT on his visit, he gets little fanfare and UT gets some ink on sports websites.

If Scroggins wins the USC offer and then holds a big press conference the next week with USC, UF, and UT hats on the table. When he picks UT (over the national champs and the school that is always a power) he likely does it on national television. He gets a moment in the sun and UT gets talked about for the next week (while all of the other prospects soak up this new information).

CLK and CEO like to script these things out for maximum impact from what I've read.

If we were to land Scroggins....that would give the rock a 75% success rate at landing 4/5 star recruits. Brown, Nuke, and Scroggins would be the gets and the only one defecting would be GMama Brown.

What a tool to have!

I really think this is part of the plan.

If Scroggins committed to UT on his visit, he gets little fanfare and UT gets some ink on sports websites.

If Scroggins wins the USC offer and then holds a big press conference the next week with USC, UF, and UT hats on the table. When he picks UT (over the national champs and the school that is always a power) he likely does it on national television. He gets a moment in the sun and UT gets talked about for the next week (while all of the other prospects soak up this new information).

CLK and CEO like to script these things out for maximum impact from what I've read.

If it goes down this way, I will be VERY happy!:dance2:

I don't care for the "V, B" stuff. It's juvenile and looks out of place, in my opinion. I like the rest of it, though.

a few years back when i was in school the word was that it was getting removed so that they could make a parking deck.

I believe they said that when that is going down it is either going to be in front of the garage, or they are moving it up near circle park.

It says Scroggins = T Championships. It's gotta mean a great deal to him for him to put it up there. It impacted him. It did it's job. It is a good sign when we are hanging on to every little nugget we can. If Scroggins commits elsewhere, the pic will be strange to have put up.

BUT, it would not even be close to the first strange thing that had happened in recruiting. :)

BUT, it would not even be close to the first strange thing that had happened in recruiting. :)

After Commitment June 24, 2008:

"The decision-making has been going on for a couple of weeks," Nunes said. "The last three days I have been thinking real hard about things. We were coming home from camp at Stanford, and the more I talked about things the more I knew Tennessee was the right choice. I have a great relationship with coach Clawson and with coach (Phillip) Fulmer. The program and those guys fit me. It's great to wake up knowing where you are going to school and that you have made the right choice."

"As I said, I am really comfortable with everyone I have met or talked to there," Nunes said. "There are at least 30 reasons why Tennessee is the right fit. It's the SEC and Tennessee is a powerhouse school in the best conference. I am looking forward to playing for a national championship there. Coach Clawson is a really likeable guy. He is one of those guys who is going to get things going. You know he is going to put in the work. He has been on me for a while now about getting out there to see them. I wanted to, but some things have come up to prevent that and he was really understanding about my situation and about the whole process. His understanding of things with me really helped create the comfort level with him."

"I have talked to people and I have done a ton of research," Nunes offered. "I know it can't be a bad place and I know I have made the right choice for me. I can't wait to see it. It's just an unbelievable feeling that really I can't describe. But to have a college home is not just a relief, but it's exciting."

"We really have it going in recruiting and I will do all I can to help that continue," Nunes said of the Vols' building recruiting momentum.

After Visit August 5, 2008:

"It's been incredible," said Nunes, who earlier this summer delivered his verbal commitment to UT. "Everything that everyone said has come true and has come to life. I had really high expectations coming into it, hearing from past quarterbacks and people who have visited here. It has not done anything but live up to my expectations or exceeded them. Everything has been incredible."

"The great football tradition is what stands out. There is nothing like it. It is incredible," said the top 10 quarterback. "I can see that not even visiting on a game day. The other thing is the people. Everyone around here is 'How are you doing? How are things going for you?'. The southern hospitality has been great."

"After so many chats with coach Clawson and coach Fulmer, I just really felt Tennessee was the best fit for me and I pulled the trigger," Nunes said. "I was selling Tennessee hard to my parents on the way home from Stanford. I actually listed off 30 reasons why I should go to Tennessee. It wasn't a hard sales pitch. It was really an easy decision for me and my family."

And after spending almost a week in Knoxville, it's a decision that Nunes, who loves fishing and the outdoors, would make again, and again, and again.

"Everything has been great. I am even more confident in my decision. If I had to do it all over again, I would be right here," Nunes offered.

"East Tennessee is just incredible. It is not quite what I expected. It has been better, actually. The town is just a great college town. You have great support here and the area is just beautiful. I could definitely see myself living here for a long time. It's just gorgeous. I love it here."

After weeks of thinking September 24th, 2008

"I have changed my commitment at Tennessee to a soft verbal. My reason is based on the distance and difficulty getting there from my home. On my first trip, distance and flying posed a problem when we could not get home in the case of a family emergency. My recent official visit made me realize what I would put my family, grandparents, relatives and friends through in traveling and expense especially knowing my family would try to attend every game. I did inform the Tennessee coaches of my intentions before this past game and losing had nothing to do with this decision. I plan on taking my remaining official visits. I am not closing the doors at UT from my side and I still think highly about the program, especially the players, recruits, and coaches. I feel that I do owe UT the time to adjust their recruiting in case things change for me."

There are hundreds of similar situations over the years of changes made by recruits in the recruiting process. So anything is possible before signing day.

I don't care for the "V, B" stuff. It's juvenile and looks out of place, in my opinion. I like the rest of it, though.

They're recruiting 17-year-olds. It is geared towards a certain audience. Let's keep that in mind before we start taking shots at what one dedicated Vol fan decided to include in the message while we sat on our rears posting on a message board. They are two letters separated by a comma on the lower corner of the rock. Let's get some perspective here, people.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think swarm deserves another round of applause for the work he put into this.:clapping::clapping::clapping::dance2::dance2::dance2::rock::rock::rock:

I saw the comment posted on there, and I don't want to go at him that way. If we get in a battle between which coach is lying more, it could get ugly. I'd rather win him by go at this respectfully. Florida is an amazing program, and Urbie is a coach who does what it takes to win. Then again, a coach with that kind of success probably won't change an entire system for one recruit.
Tennessee, on the other hand, could really utilize his strengths...and early in his college career. Plus, at UT, he could be a part of the new era. Just as Nu'keese, Teague, and Brown are settling into their own, he can come in an reap the benefits.
Scroggins will be associated with that offensive success, not which ever joker takes the snaps this year for the Vols.

VN Store

Back