Running wild: just how many 5 stars can we get?

I only care about the players that the coaches want.the hellwith all the stars game.If a player cannot afford to take part and travel to these star events,he will rate lower because of not being seen.Cam Sutton was a three star,he is still playing after 6 or seven years.A five star lineman who went to Bama,Pettibone was his name did nothing on the field.Trust our coaches here.

Spyre Sports Group does a excellent job. Vols staff spent good money on retaining our current roster. Especially on the O line D line. Vols getting almost everyone back. Our staff using NIL the right way.šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ’Æ

Anybody who hates Taylor Swift needs to ask themselves why.

Sheā€™s a pop star and one of the most famous people on the planet. If not the most. Sheā€™s a billionaire. On her own music. Which she writes.
Hate the game, not the player.

( an eleven year old female in my house made me do it)
Couldn't possibly care less about her. I'm satisfied to let her do her thing... while I ignore her. If I have a particular bone with her... it is that "stars" like her forget where their lane ends too often.

Couldn't possibly care less about her. I'm satisfied to let her do her thing... while I ignore her. If I have a particular bone with her... it is that "stars" like her forget where their lane ends too often.
Canā€™t wait for her to tryout as a TE for the chiefs next year.

Reactions: sjt18
There should be a rule against any mention of Tay Tay (or godawful Taylor Swift) in this group again. I despise the Kansas City Chiefs now largely because of that attention whore along with her annoying boyfriend.
You must not have young daughters

I know there is definitely a correlation between signing the best classes and winning championships the majority of the time. That cannot be denied. It is interesting that we just witnessed two teams in Michigan and Washington that are outliers, especially Washington. I looked at 247 rankings and Michigan signed 3 classes in the top ten over the past 6 years.
2023 17th
2022 9th
2021 13th
2020 10th
2019 8th
2018 22nd
Washington did not finish in the top ten once from 2018-2023

Great post! The 2 outliers (UW and UM) have the advantage of playing in conferences that are nowhere near as competitive as the SEC. I think that makes a huge difference too. I honestly feel that UW may have been the 3,4,5 best team in the SEC. Michigan did manhandle Bama, but it could be argued that they had a coach that is just as savvy as Saban. Harbaugh is actually successful at both levels (NFL and NCAA), something Saban could not do.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Do you people realize that college coaches don't pay much if any attention to the stars listed by a player's name? I was once told by a college coach that the only thing they use the recruting services for is to see who thier competetion is (who has offered) on the kids they have evaluated themselves. The stars a to stir up the fanbase.

Do you people realize that college coaches don't pay much if any attention to the stars listed by a player's name? I was once told by a college coach that the only thing they use the recruting services for is to see who thier competetion is (who has offered) on the kids they have evaluated themselves. The stars a to stir up the fanbase.
"You people" is a socially risky phrase, will get you in a bind far more often than it will help you explain your point. Best for most folks to take it out of their lexicon. But you do you, Snapper. Heh.

Agree with you that the coaches don't care about the appraisals (star ratings) from recruiting services. Trust their own experience far more. Makes sense.

But I don't agree that the star-ranking services exist to "stir up" the fanbase. I think they exist to provide some level of insight to the average college football fan, who has neither the time nor the expertise to rate thousands of high school players all over the country.

Doesn't mean folks ought to get hung up on stars, but using them as a gauge makes sense.

Just my opinion.

I'm even further jaded by the process that has evolved with NIL and the portal than I originally was. Until they ACTUALLY SIGN they can put themselves out there to the highest bidder, which seems to me to be what's going on. Not saying the players cannot do that, and I understand it. It just means that all "commitments" these days are not nearly what they meant even a few years ago.

I dont understand either side of the Taylor Swift thing. Those that love her or those that hate her. Neither one makes sense to me.

She has some talent but not enough to propel her into the current level of success and fame she enjoys, IMO.

Why anyone would despise her is beyond me. IMO she is just another bland entertainer who has maximied her fame.

Im sure her political beliefs alienate some. But thats no reason to get all the hate she does...again, IMO
Literally noone has enough talent to justify the kind of superstardom that T-Swift has, so in that sense she deserves it as much as anyone, no more no less.

She is a pretty decent singer, and quite a good songwriter. In my opinion she suffers from her fansā€™ deification of her. Iā€™d love to see her play a set somewhere like the Tennessee Theater or the Ryman, but I wouldnā€™t touch the Eras Tour with a ten foot pole. The whole multiple-costume-change, arena show thing ainā€™t my cup of tea. To each their own.

I agree that people who are triggered by her are clownish. Why spread more hate? Wtf has she done to you?

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Star rating follows committable offers of elite programs.

I will never understand the cultural phenomenon that is Taylor Swift. Okay, she's cute and she's written some catchy pop tunes. Beyond that? What makes her so damn fascinating? Its one thing to have a music career and a dedicated fan base. But she is literally the "Beatles" or "Michael Jackson" of modern day and yet somehow it doesn't seem like it's earned.
Not to be a ā€œConspiracy Theoristā€ or anything like that, but just go back to early in her career and compare it to now.

She was very skinny and only mildly attractive and was like little miss goody good girl that everyone would hope their daughter would turn out to be, with a few decent songs.

Now she is a full blown babe, with satanic stuff in her stage shows and involved in politics and all kinds of other crap.

Put on a pedestal by the elite to be their draw to the youth. Just saying

I dont understand either side of the Taylor Swift thing. Those that love her or those that hate her. Neither one makes sense to me.

She has some talent but not enough to propel her into the current level of success and fame she enjoys, IMO.

Why anyone would despise her is beyond me. IMO she is just another bland entertainer who has maximied her fame.

Im sure her political beliefs alienate some. But thats no reason to get all the hate she does...again, IMO
Thatā€™s where Iā€™m at. Donā€™t care one way or another. Iā€™m not her target audience anyway.

VN Store

Back