Running wild: just how many 5 stars can we get?

There should be a rule against any mention of Tay Tay (or godawful Taylor Swift) in this group again. I despise the Kansas City Chiefs now largely because of that attention whore along with her annoying boyfriend.
I will never understand the cultural phenomenon that is Taylor Swift. Okay, she's cute and she's written some catchy pop tunes. Beyond that? What makes her so damn fascinating? Its one thing to have a music career and a dedicated fan base. But she is literally the "Beatles" or "Michael Jackson" of modern day and yet somehow it doesn't seem like it's earned.

Not necessarily true. Star system wasn't in place when we've recruited our best players of all time. Berry would certainly be one of them
I totally understand what you're saying. There were studs that came thru Rocky Top way before EB. On the other hand EB is arguably a top 5 player in our program history. Anybody whose rankings are on par with his, has to be considered as one of the most talented players to ever come to UT. That doesn't mean they'll have his impact, just speaking talent wise.

This class will be a good one. I think a lot of people are beginning to see Heupel’s staff start to hit their stride here. They don’t have the investigation hanging over their heads anymore, the steaming dumpster fire has went out that burned the past couple of decades. I would caution those new to recruiting that a lot of the time things change. Oh yeah and stay out of the recruiting forum, 😂!

I totally understand what you're saying. There were studs that came thru Rocky Top way before EB. On the other hand EB is arguably a top 5 player in our program history. Anybody whose rankings are on par with his, has to be considered as one of the most talented players to ever come to UT. That doesn't mean they'll have his impact, just speaking talent wise.
EB would certainly be up there some of the great studs we recruited from late 70s through 99s

There should be a rule against any mention of Tay Tay (or godawful Taylor Swift) in this group again. I despise the Kansas City Chiefs now largely because of that attention whore along with her annoying boyfriend.
I liked KC because of Trey but man they're hard to watch now. KC score and they pan to Swift. I understand she's a big star and can see why they did it early on but dang we get it, enough already we don't care that she's there. At this point if KC makes it to the SB I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't tell Usher he's got to include her some how into his half time show

I liked KC because of Trey but man they're hard to watch now. KC score and they pan to Swift. I understand she's a big star and can see why they did it early on but dang we get it, enough already we don't care that she's there. At this point if KC makes it to the SB I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't tell Usher he's got to include her some how into his half time show
It's all about the $s. And no doubt the girl is a cash cow. The Bills/Chiefs game was the highest rated playoff game in history. She probably brought in a few of those viewers. I cannot imagine what it'll be like if the Chiefs make it to the Super Bowl.

I will never understand the cultural phenomenon that is Taylor Swift. Okay, she's cute and she's written some catchy pop tunes. Beyond that? What makes her so damn fascinating? Its one thing to have a music career and a dedicated fan base. But she is literally the "Beatles" or "Michael Jackson" of modern day and yet somehow it doesn't seem like it's earned.
I dont understand either side of the Taylor Swift thing. Those that love her or those that hate her. Neither one makes sense to me.

She has some talent but not enough to propel her into the current level of success and fame she enjoys, IMO.

Why anyone would despise her is beyond me. IMO she is just another bland entertainer who has maximied her fame.

Im sure her political beliefs alienate some. But thats no reason to get all the hate she does...again, IMO

Heupel has convinced as many 5 stars to come to UT in his career as UGA got just last year. Recruiting seems to be picking up, but we aint nowhere near the recruiting juggernaut of UGA or Bama or OSU... I doubt we'll ever have the shear numbers of 5 stars as those schools, BUT, the trick is to get ENOUGH high level players to match up on the field. You can't play all of em at the same time. I think we are getting there quickly.

VN Store

Back