Robert Gillespie hired as new RB Coach

you think people in Florida are saying this about Jay Graham. Hes from a Vol he can stay up in TN...come on, the whole alma mater thing is a little overplayed.
Actually, the UF fans probably recognize that they got a double whammy out of hiring CJG by getting a good coach and depriving UTK of its top recruiter all in one swoop. UF has 4-5 guys who can recruit at CJG's level or better so they don't really have anything to fear.

yay, replaced VFL with a Gator for life.

Seriously, some of you people need to get over where coaches may have played in college. It's not like the ex Gator and Bama players are trying to infiltrate the UT football program to wreck it. Heck, they don't have to. The program is already wrecked for them.

Reactions: 8 people
"VFL" should be changed to "VFM" - "Vol for money". As sad as it is, it is the way of the world in many cases.

Actually, the UF fans probably recognize that they got a double whammy out of hiring CJG by getting a good coach and depriving UTK of its top recruiter all in one swoop. UF has 4-5 guys who can recruit at CJG's level or better so they don't really have anything to fear.

You mean FSU?

well he went to FSU not UF so they didnt get any coach, but im sure are still happy to get CJG out of UT.

UF didnt hire CJG.... FSU did

Funny how you guys are still questioning Graham and his loyalty to UT. Hubbs said on the radio that Jay wasn't comfortable being the lone holdover from the last staff. Something he experienced at Miami Oh, and wasn't crazy about. Personally I'm gonna believe Hubbs before I believe Ainge. If anything Ainge should have his Vol Card pulled for calling out a fellow Vol on the radio without having his facts straight, not Jay Graham. Graham made a business decision, like it or leave it. It would be really interesting to know the contributions to the university of those saying Graham isn't a VFL. Not just money, did you play, coach, etc. I'm just wondering...do we have people on here qualified to question if Graham is a VFL? Perhaps a few, not many, if any.

We just got a new RB coach with great credentials, yet we have folks still crying about Graham like lil' bi-ches. Enjoy the moment folks.

I don't dislike Graham. He left, we hired somebody else. There's not much else to it except the resumes.

Reactions: 1 person
i don't know about you folks but i find it hard to trust a gator. the only 2 gators i ever liked that was involved with ut is doug dickey and bob woodruff. the rest can go live in the swamp that casey and stephens drained.

The same Doug Dickey that possibly(probably did according to many) threw a game vs Florida when he was UT coach, and who kept bball in the tank?

Last edited:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/dCoOcBv01aA[/youtube]

Very good hire. Guy looks like he can recruit and his RBs seem to be productive. I could not care less whether he is VFL or not.

This is good news fellas.
Good news indeed. No, he probably won't be here for more than 2-3 years, but these recruits know that. We just need to get some momentum, w's and steadiness at the HC position and the rb coach will not matter.

yay, replaced VFL with a Gator for life.

Very good hire. Guy looks like he can recruit and his RBs seem to be productive. I could not care less whether he is VFL or not.

......we all thought Graham was a VFL... Where did that get us??

This Coaching thing is hard to figure out.......
One year at a time.... or maybe one DAY at a time.

??? Go Figure...

VN Store

Back