Robert Gillespie hired as new RB Coach

I like how butch scooped everyone on this lol. All the sports writers were blindsided. God bless twitter and our coach who can actually use it.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't know much about Gillespie as a coach but I hope he is as good as everyone seems to think he will be. What I do find funny is now that Graham is gone everyone seems to think Jay wasn't all that good to begin with. Jay may not have been the best coach ever, but its hard to deny the fact our running back were better last year that the pervious year. Yes I understand that some of that is due to Coach Pittman, but I think the running backs ran better too.

Reactions: 5 people
I like how butch scooped everyone on this lol. All the sports writers were blindsided. God bless twitter and our coach who can actually use it.

Good point...swooped out of nowhere with this one huh...embracing the new age
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
A young African American with sec ties sounds good to me. Not that being a African American is the most important thing but I think it's a plus. Now I hope he can coach and recruit

I don't know much about Gillespie as a coach but I hope he is as good as everyone seems to think he will be. What I do find funny is now that Graham is gone everyone seems to think Jay wasn't all that good to begin with. Jay may not have been the best coach ever, but its hard to deny the fact our running back were better last year that the pervious year. Yes I understand that some of that is due to Coach Pittman, but I think the running backs ran better too.

I don't think anyone is saying Jay wasn't up to parr. I do, however, believe we have hired somebody who is equal to Jay. The only thing he lacks is that VFL tag. That may be a good thing, however!

Can this Dools' "VFL" thing die now? There are none on the coaching staff. There are none in the administration. Can whoever wants to play or coach at UT just be a Vol? It really doesn't need to be anything more or less, because it is not an individual sport. It is a "team" sport. The Vols.

I am very pleased with this hire. He is on equal footing with Graham with great upside.

Reactions: 8 people
And now the best staffing America is complete.

Can't wait for the spring.

VN Store

Back