Remember Bryce Brown?

Mostly the US Army / deployed rock. :)

I missed the 85 Sugar Vols because I was stationed in Germany...back in the day when there were only 2 or 3 college football games on TV each Saturday, almost never the Vols, and that didn't even really help because the Armed Forces Network (the only English-language or US-focused TV available) didn't carry all those, anyway. Maybe one or two. Never the Vols, that I can recall, in the three years I was stationed there.

And then later, deployments to Honduras, Haiti, and of course the Middle East and Asia would have more American TV available thanks to better technology, but less free time to watch anything because higher operational pace / war.

Even when stationed in the States, the pace could be so hectic that we'd miss a lot of football weekends. For the life of me, I don't remember anything of the 2001 season, even though I was right there at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. We were all spun up with the 9/11 aftermath and getting ready for things to come, working through a lot of weekends and so on.

So yeah, sorry, I missed some things. This youtube clip was the first I ever heard of the Bryce Brown circus. Musta been something to follow, live.
All right, shake it off and zip up.

Brown was one of the biggest busts in modern history. The guy was nowhere nearly as talented as he nor anyone else thought.

Huh? I thought he played pretty good as a true FR with a garbage OL. Played behind a top caliber Sr NFL back, even tho CLK named him a co-starter.

Yes, his hype was otherworldly. But that's others doing most of that. Would have prob been a first two round pick coming out as a Jr if daddy and uncle hadn't been handling his life.

No need to revise history and act like he was worthless. He wasn't.

Reactions: 4 people
He had a couple of decent seasons with the Eagles if I remember correctly in the pros.

Yes he did. Seems like some pretty big games too.

For a train wreck of a recruitment, college decisions, and family situation, it's unbelievable he made it that far.

I missed the 85 Sugar Vols because I was stationed in Germany...back in the day when there were only 2 or 3 college football games on TV each Saturday, almost never the Vols, and that didn't even really help because the Armed Forces Network (the only English-language or US-focused TV available) didn't carry all those, anyway. Maybe one or two. Never the Vols, that I can recall, in the three years I was stationed there.

And then later, deployments to Honduras, Haiti, and of course the Middle East and Asia would have more American TV available thanks to better technology, but less free time to watch anything because higher operational pace / war.

Even when stationed in the States, the pace could be so hectic that we'd miss a lot of football weekends. For the life of me, I don't remember anything of the 2001 season, even though I was right there at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. We were all spun up with the 9/11 aftermath and getting ready for things to come, working through a lot of weekends and so on.

So yeah, sorry, I missed some things. This youtube clip was the first I ever heard of the Bryce Brown circus. Musta been something to follow, live.

Damn. Thought I had read a few good comebacks before, but Hell Fire, I believe Backdoc might needs a proctologist now. STAT!

Oh, and Thank you for your service.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I remember him running out of bounds in a game and Kiffin wore him out for not sticking it up field. I also remember his girlfriend got us in NCAA trouble. What a train wreck

Damn. Thought I had read a few good comebacks before, but Hell Fire, I believe Backdoc might needs a proctologist now. STAT!

Oh, and Thank you for your service.

Heh, my pleasure, Native. I didn't mean to be a smart-ass to BackDoc (okay, maybe just a little), just meant to explain why I hadn't heard the background info on Bryce Brown before.

Reactions: 2 people
No but my brother was there when you were there from 86-89 and he also was a combat engineer! Was wondering if you knew him. Here is my email if you ever get some time, bxh1715@yahoo.

Reactions: 1 person
No but my brother was there when you were there from 86-89 and he also was a combat engineer! Was wondering if you knew him. Here is my email if you ever get some time, bxh1715@yahoo.

Sent you an email. Eager to see if your brother and I served in the same outfit!

Excuse not acceptable, Not a True Fan.

Reactions: 4 people
Sent you an email. Eager to see if your brother and I served in the same outfit!

For whatever reason I did not receive your email. Checked both folders.

For whatever reason I did not receive your email. Checked both folders.

Eep, my cut/paste of your address omitted the .com on first attempt, my bad. Just resent. :hi:

I've never known you to say anything that was weak. Ever. Cryptic sometimes, witty usually, insightful almost always. Never weak. :good!:

Yea, I think you've had enough coffee, or at least omit the Kahlua, Bailey's and Jamison's.

VN Store

Back