• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random--- anyone have an update on A.J. Johnson and where his case stands? Last I read, they were trying to allow the social media and texts into evidence because it would paint a different picture and things were looking positive... wonder if he will ever get past this and try the NFL....

I'd like to know too. His last game was my sons first in Neyland, and of course AJ was his absolute favorite player. I follow him on Instagram, and he always post training vids, dude is an absolute beast right now, he's training hard.
He shared a story about going to watch Curt M play in Indianapolis not too long ago, and the guy sitting next to him said "you look like you've played some ball, you should be out there..." His reply was he will be as soon as he gets the chance.

Why do UT fans downgrade UT players all the freaking time? I mean JJ has made HUGE plays in big games. As big as anybodys in CFB, but he isn't even close to being in their league? All WRs have drops. Not all WRs make massive game winning/changing plays. We forge so easily..Do you guys remember when UF was still way ahead of us, and JJ made that miraculous around the DBs neck catch that extended the drive? Very few could have made that catch, but not only that one but the one he toasted Tabor for the TD? And the biggest of all the Hail Mary?...But yet you say he is not even close to being as good as this yahoo or that yahoo? That is ridiculous. He would have had more huge plays if he was the number 1 WR. Just wait and see.

Reactions: 4 people
why do ut fans downgrade ut players all the freaking time? I mean jj has made huge plays in big games. As big as anybodys in cfb, but he isn't even close to being in their league? All wrs have drops. Not all wrs make massive game winning/changing plays. We forge so easily..do you guys remember when uf was still way ahead of us, and jj made that miraculous around the dbs neck catch that extended the drive? Very few could have made that catch, but not only that one but the one he toasted tabor for the td? And the biggest of all the hail mary?...but yet you say he is not even close to being as good as this yahoo or that yahoo? That is ridiculous. He would have had more huge plays if he was the number 1 wr. Just wait and see.

preach

Why do UT fans downgrade UT players all the freaking time? I mean JJ has made HUGE plays in big games. As big as anybodys in CFB, but he isn't even close to being in their league? All WRs have drops. Not all WRs make massive game winning/changing plays. We forge so easily..Do you guys remember when UF was still way ahead of us, and JJ made that miraculous around the DBs neck catch that extended the drive? Very few could have made that catch, but not only that one but the one he toasted Tabor for the TD? And the biggest of all the Hail Mary?...But yet you say he is not even close to being as good as this yahoo or that yahoo? That is ridiculous. He would have had more huge plays if he was the number 1 WR. Just wait and see.

I think the catch he made against Va Tech for the first score saved us in that game.

Our team will be extremely strong reading that from a training view. Watch this....... ��������

I use a similar training plan myself. All free weights and cables. There is a science behind strength training. So far, Coach Rock has my vote!

Tee Martin was a QB, he's had some play calling experience at least. I've stopped hoping for Atlanta after this year though, so I won't be bitter if we lose 4 or 5 like I was this year. New QB new OC is a bad combo, but hopefully we'll hit the jackpot and both will be better than history suggests they will.

Playing QB doesn't translate to play calling on a resume. Not even the way Peyton played. Tee didn't change many plays at the line iirc.

Reactions: 1 person

Woah woah woah...who is downgrading JJ. Just because i do not think he is comparable to a top ten pick doesn't mean he is bad. Thats the problem around here, fans think so and so is the best ever to play the game. By chance if we lose then the players or coaches suck.

Reactions: 3 people

It's not downgrading JJ to say that he's not on the level of a probable top 10 draft pick yet. He was the 2nd best WR on a team putting their best WR into the middle rounds of the draft this year.

Maybe he'll take the next step to being a Mike Williams like WR next season, but he's just not there at this point.But you know what? Neither are 95-99% of WRs in CFB.

Pointing that out is no insult to Jennings. No need to get yo panties all wadded up. Nuance is a thing that exists.

Reactions: 5 people
Malone won't elevate over DBs. Jennings and North last year would though.

The hate for Malone after this past season is laughable. You've hyped way worse players without the production. Give the guy some credit, not every WR is a contested ball type of player. Jordy broke into the league running past guys, Josh can as well.

(Just an example, not saying he will be that good.)

Reactions: 1 person
It's a good thing. Maybe someone can develop the lbs now.

His recruiting hasn't been great last couple of years either and that is his specialty. Obviously whatever happened last year in the mid state on the recruiting trail, he seems to be "handcuffed." Should he go elsewhere, I am sure he will recruit like he did at Auburn and is his first couple of years here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back