Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highlights from Rock's presser from Rob Lewis on VQ...

Gullickson calls his new role a tremendous opportunity. Says he's known Butch since 1990, excited to work with him.

Told Butch he came for two reasons, I want to help you reach your goals and I want to help these kids win a championship.

Gullickson says he and his wife have followed Butch's career closely and always watch Tennessee games. Jokes that his wife frequently yells at the television.

Gullickson is raving about Tennessee's facilities. Very impressed with what he's seen here.

Gullickson mentions that Chad Clifton, Scott Wells and Leonard Little are all former Vols he's worked with. Calls them three of the favorite players that he's worked with.

Says Wells reached out to him today with a text message, told him anything he could do to help the transition be sure to ask.

On training style, Gullickson says he's a 'free-weight guy.' Wants his program to be balanced and challenging. Program is tightly scheduled and concise. Says he likes to change things up, i.e. instead of four sets of five at a particular weight, likes to change weight and vary reps, maybe six reps at a lower weight, then stepping it down to reps of 5,4 and 3 at a lower weight.

Reactions: 5 people
I get upset thinking about how we didn't use our 6'4 WRs the way Clemson and others used theirs.

Back shoulders, jump balls man. Give those guys a chance.
Makes my skin crawl watching Jauan run hitches and stops so frequently.
CBs should be scared to line up 1v1 vs him

Malone won't elevate over DBs. Jennings and North last year would though.

Why do people complain about the length of college football games? Such a short season. I love every single minute...

Reactions: 4 people
Highlights from Rock's presser from Rob Lewis on VQ...
Told Butch he came for two reasons, I want to help you reach your goals and I want to help these kids win a championship.

tumblr_mfndjq0do31rn0vh6o1_250.gif

Reactions: 7 people
Random--- anyone have an update on A.J. Johnson and where his case stands? Last I read, they were trying to allow the social media and texts into evidence because it would paint a different picture and things were looking positive... wonder if he will ever get past this and try the NFL....

Who is the Clemson OC and what's previous OC experience and previous job experience before being Clemson OC starting in 2015 when Morris left?

Helps tremendously when you have elite players. Jury is still out on if ours will be elite for the most part.

Why do people complain about the length of college football games? Such a short season. I love every single minute...

I agree except the prime time games. If it was UT last night, I would have watched until the end. But that game ended after 11:15 central. No young kids can watch these big games anymore even in central time.

Edit: and the difference between college and NFL is that the NFL starts their games right on the exact time. I heard game time last night was 7:00 central but know it didn't start for at least 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back