Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not downgrading JJ to say that he's not on the level of a probable top 10 draft pick yet. He was the 2nd best WR on a team putting their best WR into the middle rounds of the draft this year.

Maybe he'll take the next step to being a Mike Williams like WR next season, but he's just not there at this point.But you know what? Neither are 95-99% of WRs in CFB.

Pointing that out is no insult to Jennings. No need to get yo panties all wadded up. Nuance is a thing that exists.

Well I do agree he isn't quite yet, but they were making it sound like he just wasn't as good, or ever could be, because he isn't talented enough..period.

Holy exaggerating Batman! I never said, nor do I believe JJ is the best to ever play the game, but since he makes great game changing plays, on the biggest stages, against our biggest rivals pretty frequently as a #2 WR, then why is he not comparable to a top 10 pick? Just because he doesn't doesn't run quite as east? I guarantee you if you watched all their games, Williams dropped more than a few. Even though he dropped a couple against Nebraska, JJ also made a couple big catches. Even the one that was overturned was almost another miracle catch.

Are we really bringing up an almost catch?? Ok....i rest my case.

so...

My wife just calls to tell me how much she just put her foot in her mouth. She's awesome, but sometimes words fall out of her beautiful face about 5 seconds before she considers what they might be.

She works at a school with a pastor's wife, both of whom are from tuscaloosa. Now, my wonderful wife knows that i let the bama hate fly within our home. But... We don't have the relationship with that particular family to really trash talk, even if light hearted. In fact, i very rarely engage fans that way unless provoked.

So, my lovely sees this older lady and comes in with "sorry for your loss." not picking up on the sarcasm, the other lady, a bit down and out, says, "yeah, it was a tough one..." my wife immediately jumps in, "sorry...not sorry!"

i tell her, "yeah... That's not good." proud of the thought, but not actually letting that fly.

She goes on... "no, it get's worse"

i gather my popcorn and brace myself...

She says, "nick was late to pick me up... Just so he could watch them lose!!"

i told her, and she knew, she had to go apologize, but in my heart... That's my girl!

#missionary/fanproblems

😁

Seen a list of top 20 recruiters for this year ..who was number one....thigpen....need his recruiting ability

He has been under-performing for the last year and a half or so. He screwed the pooch in the midstate, and screwed up with Jefferson by running his mouth.

Reactions: 2 people
So...

My wife just calls to tell me how much she just put her foot in her mouth. She's awesome, but sometimes words fall out of her beautiful face about 5 seconds before she considers what they might be.

She works at a school with a pastor's wife, both of whom are from Tuscaloosa. Now, my wonderful wife knows that I let the Bama hate fly within our home. But... we don't have the relationship with that particular family to really trash talk, even if light hearted. In fact, I very rarely engage fans that way unless provoked.

So, my lovely sees this older lady and comes in with "Sorry for your loss." Not picking up on the sarcasm, the other lady, a bit down and out, says, "yeah, it was a tough one..." My wife immediately jumps in, "Sorry...not SORRY!"

I tell her, "Yeah... that's not good." Proud of the thought, but not actually letting that fly.

She goes on... "No, it get's worse"

I gather my popcorn and brace myself...

She says, "Nick was late to pick me up... just so he could watch them LOSE!!"

I told her, and she knew, she had to go apologize, but in my heart... that's my girl!

#Missionary/FanProblems
Hahahahahaha, YES!!! :rock:

Could Hoke possibly coach LBs and leave coach strip on the dline?

It's Strip's call whether he stays where he is or goes. It's not really a matter of trying to squeeze in another guy.

Strip will likely retire/move to administrative role, Hoke to DL, and get a LB coach who has coached LB's specifically.

That was my point, Scott doesn't even have that miniscule play calling experience that QBs have.

And yes, the way peyton played would count toward play calling and diagnosing defenses experience

Works differently. QBs aren't calling plays. They switch off to a different option depending on what the defense presents. Can't ask one man's mind to adjust all the nuances in an average snap AND formulate the gameplan AND teach that to the whole offensive unit. Manning was genius at mastering the offense and working individually with the units. OC has a different set of responsibilities. Tee Martin never went as far as Peyton in that aspect which is why some still feel that approach was more conducive to winning the NC in college. Tee was freer to just take the call and execute. Peyton by his senior year could get a little insufferable with the audibles.

So we are potentially losing all of

Thig
Debord
Azzanni
Strip
Martinez
Mahoney
Sheridan

That's a LOT of new faces and ideas and philosophy

So we are potentially losing all of

Thig
Debord
Azzanni
Strip
Martinez
Mahoney
Sheridan

That's a LOT of new faces and ideas and philosophy

7 new names for us to gripe and complain about, curse, blame, name-call, and beg to be fired in October.

Sounds like a normal day in the life of VN.

Reactions: 12 people
If that happens we will have a new coach at every position except DC, TE, and RB right? Not to mention a new S&C coach.

(Highly doubt they all leave but still)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back