Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you surprised by how good the team is despite the ridiculous number of injuries? I know I am.

No Maggitt, Gaulden, Pig, Tuttle, Jackson, Swafford, Croom, North, Perry, Sanders, Kendrick, Williams (briefly out). If someone posted that list pre-season and said we would miss almost all of them for the year I would have said 6-6 or even 5-7. Just a brutal list.

Makes for a ton of hype for 2016, IMO. We will have more injuries next season, of course, but we will be better able to handle them because of additional depth. And hopefully we won't have nearly as many as this year heading into game one.

Yeah, the injury bug completely decimated the team but we are playing at a high level. Like you said we will have more depth next year, but I doubt we have THIS many injuries again *knock on wood*. If you look at the bright side (I'm still trying to learn how) the injuries have allowed some guys to get some quality reps in games that will greatly benefit them next year.

I don't see it happening but man it'd be great if Sutton and Maggitt come back. Also wonder about JRM. If he continues to play like he has been, he may consider going early. I can't blame any of them if they want to get paid.

Laquon Treadwell suffered pretty much the same injury and is killing it this year, so im opimistic .

Good point. Treadwells injury was November 1 and was running on it by mid February. By July, Freeze said he had made a full recovery.

Speaking of bullets, we dodged a huge one with BGSU. I'm more impressed with that win every week.

Yep, they're 7-2, lead the nation in passing offense (434.1 ypg) and are ranked 4th in total offense (595.3 ypg) and 8th in scoring offense (43.9 ppg). See Passing Offense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com, Total Offense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com and Scoring Offense | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com. We held them to their second lowest point total of the season and still beat them by 29.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe he meant build a program that is a national contender each year.

You can win 10+ games and not be fully built by his standards.

Exactly. I think we have a chance to be a playoff team in 2016 but we'll lose a ton of stars in 2017 and we'll probably be relying on some young guys again. Thus it won't be realistic to expect a national title in 2017.

It might be 2019 or 2020 before it gets to the point that each and every season is a potential national title winning season.

I know what you all are saying. What I mean is, if we go into say... Virginia Tech next year and blow another game. He can't keep saying this stuff like he has been. The excuse phase of 2013, 2014, and 2015 is over. It won't fly like it did several times this year. He can't say we are young. He can't say we are inexperienced. He can't say we were out talented.

Very unlikely that happens because we'll have a significant talent advantage over Va-Tech. Only lossable games next year is that 4 game stretch from Florida to Alabama.

Aesius was right on earlier. I predicted 8-4 with a best case scenario of 9-3, but I said that if we had any major injuries along the OL and Dl, or if Dobbs went down, we'd be lucky to win 5. The fact the team has been this competitive, and really should be 6-2 and in first place right now despite being ravaged by injury, is amazing to me. The staff is earning their money, we're just too stupid to see it sometimes.

Reactions: 13 people
Damn, I didn't realize Tuttle's injury was that serious. **** that UGA player.

It's not. Treadwell's injuru was much worse. He dislocated his ankle along with breaking the bone and tearing ligaments. Tuttle tore ligaments and broke the bone. But his ankle did not dislocate. He should be able to recover a little quicker.

Exactly. I think we have a chance to be a playoff team in 2016 but we'll lose a ton of stars in 2017 and we'll probably be relying on some young guys again. Thus it won't be realistic to expect a national title in 2017.

It might be 2019 or 2020 before it gets to the point that each and every season is a potential national title winning season.

This is probably what Butch was alluding to in his reference to a 6-7 year time frame for building a program at Tennessee (Butch Jones: It takes six or seven years in the SEC to build a program), i.e. a roster that is so evenly and deeply stocked with talent that there is rarely any significant year-to-year dropoff in ability to compete for SEC and national championships.

This is probably what Butch was alluding to in his reference to a 6-7 year time frame for building a program at Tennessee (Butch Jones: It takes six or seven years in the SEC to build a program), i.e. a roster that is so evenly and deeply stocked with talent that there is rarely any significant year-to-year dropoff in ability to compete for SEC and national championships.

I didn't watch the pc, or even read the exact quote, just the rumblings on here. However, this is what I read into it! To be a Bama, LSU type team with the needed depth at EVERY position. A team full of upperclassmen leaders, and plenty of young studs to follow them.
Face it, we should have competed for the SEC this year. 3 games later, I think our coaches have learned just as much as the players what it takes to win. I expect nothing but good things to come from here on out!

Guys please put my family in your prayers today, my mother in law lost her fight with cancer late last night and I'm trying to find the strength to guide my family through this loss. Thank you for any prayers my way

Reactions: 18 people
Guys please put my family in your prayers today, my mother in law lost her fight with cancer late last night and I'm trying to find the strength to guide my family through this loss. Thank you for any prayers my way

Given and coming...hate that club.

Reactions: 2 people
But to answer your question, Kelly and McNeil rotate so much that I don't think one can be classified as a "starter." More like 1a and 1b.

Florida was loaded on defense when horse face arrived.

How quickly we forget the lack of talent Jones faced when he stepped off that plane.

Maybe he's raising expectations. Maybe 10+ wins a year isn't the definition of "back" to him.

I hope it isn't. I want a coach who is NEVER satisfied.

Forget? It's mentioned every day here.

UF had some talent, but they also were a bad football team. Nobody here expected close the results they're getting.

May God place his comforting hand on you and your family. May your family see Him through you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back