Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just it. He's not saying we won't have good teams. In fact, he's said in the past few weeks we are a good/great "football team" right now, that nobody takes these losses harder than him, and that he expects to win.

He has said since day 1 that he will build a football PROGRAM, not just a winning team.

That's what I took his quote to mean, and I think he's right. He's willing to put in the work and establish something great. He's not a boy band coach that wants a 1 hit wonder song. He wants a damn room full of platinum albums.

Yeah I see what you're saying.

Butch might not be able to do it but you should all have goosebumps that the man is talking about long term juggernaut status when he talks about UT. What made USCe fall off in 2.5 seconds? Spurrier saying the simple phrase "a couple years."

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
There's a thread on reddit CFB about Bama's strength of schedule. Bama fans AND Gators fans being forced to admit that their close wins over 4-4 Tennessee shouldn't count against them because the Vols are actually a great team.

So, how exactly are Ohio St. fans propping up Northern Illinois?

Reactions: 1 person
This just in: Matt Johnson good.

4 more TD's to pad that Madden-esque stat line and the game ain't even over.

Kirkland will be the best LB here since Mayo. And he may end up a better college player. Kid is special and actually balled versus Bama. Ran OJ Howard down to save a TD on an out route. Then hit Henry in the hole to force a third down. Possession ended up being a FG for Bama. His speed is ridiculous at MLB.

Reactions: 6 people
Once again I was blessed to be ignorant of BGSUs air attack going into the season. Had I known what they were capable of I would have sweated bullets all summer.

Reactions: 2 people
Kirkland will be the best LB here since Mayo. And he may end up a better college player. Kid is special and actually balled versus Bama. Ran OJ Howard down to save a TD on an out route. Then hit Henry in the hole to force a third down. Possession ended up being a FG for Bama. His speed is ridiculous at MLB.

He's got instincts for days.

Once again I was blessed to be ignorant of BGSUs air attack going into the season. Had I known what they were capable of I would have sweated bullets all summer.

Speaking of bullets, we dodged a huge one with BGSU. I'm more impressed with that win every week.

I was just as ready to throttle Catbone during fall camp as anyone else, but the guy ain't a UGA troll.

Haha. I wouldn't spend 50000 hours and have 30k posts on a Vols forum and not be a Vols fan 😐

Yeah, I'd much rather Butch put the world on notice he's gonna curb stomp every team we play, and then, when we lose 2-4 games, everyone can b!tch about him underperforming and not meeting his own expectations.

You gotta admit that it would be gangsta if he did and backed it up

Haha. I wouldn't spend 50000 hours and have 30k posts on a Vols forum and not be a Vols fan 😐

No kidding.

Now the question is...what are you gonna do when we go 9-4 after your endless 7-5 predictions this summer? :)

No kidding.

Now the question is...what are you gonna do when we go 9-4 after your endless 7-5 predictions this summer? :)

Haha hey now! I said 7-5 and we are either going 7-5 or 8-4. I'm still closer with my prediction than the crazies who predicted 10+ :) I'll say this, if we end up 9-4 the sky is the limit next year.

Haha hey now! I said 7-5 and we are either going 7-5 or 8-4. I'm still closer with my prediction than the crazies who predicted 10+ :) I'll say this, if we end up 9-4 the sky is the limit next year.

Are you surprised by how good the team is despite the ridiculous number of injuries? I know I am.

No Maggitt, Gaulden, Pig, Tuttle, Jackson, Swafford, Croom, North, Perry, Sanders, Kendrick, Williams (briefly out). If someone posted that list pre-season and said we would miss almost all of them for the year I would have said 6-6 or even 5-7. Just a brutal list.

Makes for a ton of hype for 2016, IMO. We will have more injuries next season, of course, but we will be better able to handle them because of additional depth. And hopefully we won't have nearly as many as this year heading into game one.

Reactions: 1 person
Are you surprised by how good the team is despite the ridiculous number of injuries? I know I am.

No Maggitt, Gaulden, Pig, Tuttle, Jackson, Swafford, Croom, North, Perry, Sanders, Kendrick, Williams (briefly out). If someone posted that list pre-season and said we would miss almost all of them for the year I would have said 6-6 or even 5-7. Just a brutal list.

Makes for a ton of hype for 2016, IMO. We will have more injuries next season, of course, but we will be better able to handle them because of additional depth. And hopefully we won't have nearly as many as this year heading into game one.

Hope Tuttle is ready to go by fall camp. Sucks I still get pissed thinking about thT cheap shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back