Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting to the point where I don't care as much anymore. Apathy is starting to set in with me. Other things in my life are more important.

Reactions: 4 people
We will all be better off as soon as everyone takes what the coaches say with a grain of salt. Butch hasn't given an honest answer or explanation since he started here. Coach speak. All of it, all the time.

Exhibit A: Colton Jumper

@Vol_Football: #VolFact: @KIRK_Era leads #Vols freshmen in tackles with 14, TFLs with 2.5 and sacks with 2.0 #OrangeSwarm 🍊🍊🍊🍊

They don't know what they are doing and are too stubborn to admit or change mistakes till it is too late.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Chip Kelly would leave Philly for this roster at Tennessee. NFL has caught up completely with his system. We're ready made for his system at every position.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm sure I will get blasted for this but I truly don't think Jones understands the pain it is being a fan right now. We had the streak ended and he gave it up. He's 0-7 against UGA, Bama, and UF. That doesn't cut it. We don't need the players going to see the Vol Navy. We don't need first down chants. We don't need brick by brick slogans. We need wins.

Reactions: 4 people
I think Chip Kelly would leave Philly for this roster at Tennessee. NFL has caught up completely with his system. We're ready made for his system at every position.

Be serious man. You know this will never happen. Not saying you're wrong tho. Texas will get him before we will.

Reactions: 2 people
100% agree. I think we have a 10% shot at 8-4. I think we have a 30% chance at 7-5. 50% at 6-6, 10% at 5-7.

Yep. Every single SEC team is now penciling us in as a W and think they have the blueprint to do it. I've been all-in on a 9-3 season, even after the OU collapse, but we are sitting near the bottom of the SECE, looking up at UK and UF above us. The heavy weight of the grind, the rising negativity and downward momentum, plus the lack of leadership and mounting injuries, are bearish indicators, IMO.

Yep. Every single SEC team is now penciling us in as a W and think they have the blueprint to do it. I've been all-in on a 9-3 season, even after the OU collapse, but we are sitting near the bottom of the SECE, looking up at UK and UF above us. The heavy weight of the grind, the rising negativity and downward momentum, plus the lack of leadership and mounting injuries, are bearish indicators, IMO.

This game voided me of confidence. Extremely bearish.

Take away the two trick plays and our passing attack was totally non-existent. Take away the last drive when we had to pass and it's laughable. There are no excuses for the putrid passing game.

Our passing game sucks because our OL sucks. Had we not lost Marcus Jackson things might be different. Robertson was still dinged and it showed. Had we not had Pig out things again would be different. Had Von Pearson not lost the ability to catch and on and on.

Both our WR corps and our line are missing starters and it's showing. We're more injury ravaged than anyone wants to hear or talk about.

Yeah, that what this program needs. Turnover.

That's good turnover, Meyer after Zook style. You want to keep losing with Butch fine. He's not a good coach. Michigan is playing better football than us year 1 than we are year 3. Florida looks more disciplined than us year 1 than we do year 3. Do the math..... Athletes aren't the problem.

Reactions: 3 people
Woke up this morning still shocked and wondering how we blew a 27 - 14 lead with 10:00 left in the game.

Our passing game sucks because our OL sucks. Had we not lost Marcus Jackson things might be different. Robertson was still dinged and it showed. Had we not had Pig out things again would be different. Had Von Pearson not lost the ability to catch and on and on.

Both our WR corps and our line are missing starters and it's showing. We're more injury ravaged than anyone wants to hear or talk about.

Florida's O-line was younger than ours. You can scheme around a poor offensive line. Remember, Dormady got the yards against WC. Our coaches on the offensive side are in deep water and they can't swim. Evidence by one play, VH3 came on a blitz leaving PW uncovered. All Dobbs had to do was pitch it out there. They can't coach.

Reactions: 3 people
That's good turnover, Meyer after Zook style. You want to keep losing with Butch fine. He's not a good coach. Michigan is playing better football than us year 1 than we are year 3. Florida looks more disciplined than us year 1 than we do year 3. Do the math..... Athletes aren't the problem.

Thanks, BB. I'm not so good at the mathz.

I should apologize to the players about last night. I was sooooo pissed about the 2pt conversation that wasn't attempted and the complete and udder disaster of clock management.

I wanted the FG to be missed. I wanted those decisions to result in the loss because I can't stand the final result of anything to come from doing things the wrong way.

Sucks I felt that way for the players. They deserved better from me and DAMN SURE BETTER FROM THE COACHES.

With that said I thought other than 2pt conversation and last minute this was cbj best coached game ever but it all came crashing down with those inexcusable moments. Unreal

Florida's O-line was younger than ours. You can scheme around a poor offensive line. Remember, Dormady got the yards against WC. Our coaches on the offensive side are in deep water and they can't swim. Evidence by one play, VH3 came on a blitz leaving PW uncovered. All Dobbs had to do was pitch it out there. They can't coach.

this happened a bunch of times. last year dobbs and our OC would've made them pay for that(not saying the OC was worth a crap, they had the better fitting qb on the bench). it was just unreal how they brought DB blitzes and left we WR wide open for a TD. just goes to show how the coaching and the entire offense has regressed. this shouldn't be happening year 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back