Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many of the seniors we would really miss have already been lost: Jackson, Maggitt, Pig. We've adjusted to playing without them, and I think we'll adjust the same way to losing Kerbyson, Crowder, Johnson, Williams and McNeil. They'll be missed, but we can plug the gaps.

I think North and JRM stay and Sutton goes. If we finish strong, dominating our next five opponents and winning a respectable bowl, it's possible the coaches could convince everyone to stay and win an SEC championship. Unlikely, but possible.

Reactions: 2 people
You guys who are in the "we lost but there's progress" need to get real. I get the point from a building perspective. But one should have known in the lead up that 14 pts wasn't going to be enough. I hate this feeling of being conditioned to accept losses. I was numb yesterday. Now I'm getting it. The question should be what should we have done to win yesterday, not how will next year look.

We should have made plays, its been the problem all year. The coaching and play calling wasn't the issue yesterday and its silly to act like it was. You aren't more pissed about yesterday than me or most of our fan base but don't try to put blame where there is actually very little. Okalhome and Florida where more on coaching/play calling, this game was not.

Hello my Volnation friends. I have been absent on here for a long time and it's certainly not because I don't enjoy hanging out on here. I'm not one to ask for help because that is a difficult task for me. Been going through some stuff lately that I've never been thru in my life. May I ask for you all just to pray for me. Luckily I have an amazing family and lots of friends but you can never have too many people praying for you. Thanks guys and I will make another appearance soon.

Btw, in spite of the loss, that was a sick pass rush last night and great effort overall. Now let's win out and win the bowl game and get to 9-4. Go Vols!

Sorry to derail the thread. :hi:

Prayers (& hugs)

Reactions: 1 person
Oh c'mon. Medley missed three field goals. I know there was a long one, but you would think he would hit one sometime just by the odds.
Two true freshmen going against a monstrous dline.
Ton of injuries while Alabama only reported their ball boy as questionable with a sore shoulder.
Doubled the rushing yards Alabama allows while cutting their rushing numbers in half.

Coaches might not have called a perfect game, but it was good enough to win.

Here's the thing. We knew the personnel issues going in. Medley missed his first field goal in the first half. Why back off asking the question what do we do differently yesterday to win the game?

Edit: We have been close enough in all our losses to seriously press the question.

Last edited:
No, Florida wins the tie breaker as their west opponents have more in conference wins.
Your eastern division record comes before West opponents. In this scenario Fl would have two losses in east and Tenn only one. If Ga loss is to auburn that's only one east loss for them as well. Means Fl eliminated and head to head with us and UGA. If UGA loses to KY then they are both eliminated with two losses and we go. It ain't happening but it's by shut out yet

Last edited:
You guys who are in the "we lost but there's progress" need to get real. I get the point from a building perspective. But one should have known in the lead up that 14 pts wasn't going to be enough. I hate this feeling of being conditioned to accept losses. I was numb yesterday. Now I'm getting it. The question should be what should we have done to win yesterday, not how will next year look.

Make those field goals. Kid has the leg, not the brains right now. That wins. Our best corners didn't win the one on one balls in the 4th final drive. They were great throw and catches though. Players have to make the plays to win the games. They were put in position to do it. Bama's players did at the end and they won it.

Reactions: 3 people
Oh c'mon. Medley missed three field goals. I know there was a long one, but you would think he would hit one sometime just by the odds.
Two true freshmen going against a monstrous dline.
Ton of injuries while Alabama only reported their ball boy as questionable with a sore shoulder.
Doubled the rushing yards Alabama allows while cutting their rushing numbers in half.

Coaches might not have called a perfect game, but it was good enough to win.

Actually, the odds are, Medley was going to miss. He's only hit a couple between 40 and 50 and none outside 50 during his UT career. He's barely above 50% inside 40. Betting that Medley will hit a critical FG in a close game is a bad bet. We need to stop putting him in a position to fail and gameplan around him... then recruit to open up competition for Next Year.

Reactions: 1 person
One could argue our staff had a better day than Bama's yesterday.

We took a less talented, far less experienced team into a hostile environment and looked like the better team for large stretches of that game. I did not expect that.

Reactions: 6 people
Actually, the odds are, Medley was going to miss. He's only hit a couple between 40 and 50 and none outside 50 during his UT career. He's barely above 50% inside 40. Betting that Medley will hit a critical FG in a close game is a bad bet. We need to stop putting him in a position to fail and gameplan around him... then recruit to open up competition for Next Year.

Just saying that you would think he would hit one eventually. There is no way in hell I bet money on Medley from any distance right now.

Here's the thing. I do not think that OU and FLA were called too conservatively. Lack of depth on the back end cost us those games. With Martin in I think we solved that issue. The passes on the last drive did not exploit a lack of depth. We lost yesterday because of lack of offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back