Recruiting Forum Football Talk L (50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulmer basically said “Football gets fixed first” and when he says it he means it. Not like when a guy says “sole focus” and then goes to the beach.

He’s gonna be in the Doug Dickey mold and not in the Dave Hart, Mike Hamilton or Mike Hamilton mold.

Mike Hamilton. So bad you have to call him out twice.

Reactions: 3 people
I did better than that, I listened to it. He did nothing but answer questions. For you to take it so serious is comical and childish.

ADs don't make other ADs job harder. Damn your love affair with him is clouding your judgement. He is very unprofessional with that and his tweets

Fulmer might be wise to get out in front of the Grumors, unlike Bahama John.

I hope he does because so many in this fanbase are too eager to believe those dumb rumors. If he doesn't and some fans continue to get sucked in then that is all on those fans. Period.

I still can't believe how badly this has all gone. It's surreal.

Haslams were ousted today. We have a Haslam-free AD for the first time since Dickey retired. Search gets reset with more money, more control, and a significantly better AD leading it.

The "went badly" part ended today at around noon.

Reactions: 5 people
Fulmer basically said “Football gets fixed first” and when he says it he means it. Not like when a guy says “sole focus” and then goes to the beach.

He’s gonna be in the Doug Dickey mold and not in the Dave Hart, Mike Hamilton or Mike Hamilton mold.

Other the women's basketball (and I don't believe Fulmer has the heart to replace Holly unless he absolutely has to) the only main sport in need of fixing right now is football. Men's basketball is doing pretty good. Those are the only 3 things UT has ever really cared about.

ADs don't make other ADs job harder. Damn your love affair with him is clouding your judgement. He is very unprofessional with that and his tweets

You're the one acting like a jilted lover. I think it's comical you're acting like he stole your high school sweet heart. Also, I've been critical of his tweets. I also know what the university did to him which I won't share on the board. If you want to talk about unprofessional.

Also, how'd he make Currie's job harder? If Currie wasn't running around acting like MI6 it wouldn't have gotten where it did. All he had to do was address it. Quit taking up for your bestie Currie.

Reactions: 2 people
I still can't believe how badly this has all gone. It's surreal.

Honestly, I haven't watched a game since this years UGA game. Now, I want to watch the SECCG tomorrow and UT isn't even playing. Fulmer becoming AD has given me my hope back and actual desire to watch football again.

Reactions: 3 people

Fulmer knows that when football is winning, it benefits all of athletics and the university as a whole! Our other AD's didn't see that.

Last edited:
Haslams were ousted today. We have a Haslam-free AD for the first time since Dickey retired. Search gets reset with more money, more control, and a significantly better AD leading it.

The "went badly" part ended today at around noon.

Even if the Haslams' influence has been reduced, this will take years to recover from. Our dirty laundry was aired, publicly, humiliatingly, and repeatedly.

I trust Fulmer. I'm just not sure I trust everyone else.

Reactions: 1 person
Even if the Haslams' influence has been reduced, this will take years to recover from. Our dirty laundry was aired, publicly, humiliatingly, and repeatedly.

How it was, is irrelevant. Its how it is, that matters.

-confucius

Reactions: 1 person

I disagree. The right hire and were instantly better in all assets.

Reactions: 7 people

It's going to take years to recover from Butch Jones. Not the circus of this week. This week was a huge net positive because of today.

Make the right hire and our university will heal quickly. Make the right hire and every stupid national media pundit that called us stupid should get a wave of tweets from the Vol faithful.

My gosh how refreshing was it to have an actual human talking up there in front of that mic and not a mindless robot.

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back