Recruiting Forum Football Talk L (50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been pumping Miles for a while, but I genuinely feel he would be the best hire. He wants the job, he can recruit, and he would keep things stable for whoever the coach after him is.

I love Tee, but I'm terrified of what happens if he comes in and stinks it up. He can recruit, but Butch could recruit, too. I don't want to see our fanbase slamming the last quarterback to win us a national title.

I would listen to Al Wilson's message on the Swain Event. He talked a lot about Tee and why he should be considered.

Will Larry be an eeyore or a tigger?

tenor.gif

Reactions: 1 person
I'm 100% behind anyone Coach Fulmer selects. And it's because I'll know Fulmer thinks that person gives us the best chance to succeed and not because Jimmy Haslam likes their personality or something more trivial.

I could have rolled with that in 2010 and even 2012. But right now, I need to see a winner at the podium. As surefire a winner as we can find right now.

I don't want to see Phil screw up and have the Haslam's sneak back in.

I am starting to think Tee might be a good idea, if he is surrounded by good help. As Al said, you want a coach that you'd run through a brick wall for (And frankly I was ready to run through one after hearing Phil today).. Anyway, I think they would love Tee and he is a great recruiter.

I am starting to think Tee might be a good idea, if he is surrounded by good help. As Al said, you want a coach that you'd run through a brick wall for (And frankly I was ready to run through one after hearing Phil today).. Anyway, I think they would love Tee and he is a great recruiter.

Tee has been the obvious choice for days...

Give us your take.

I am just catching up is why I asked. I don't even have the story on Leach and Currie.

I would think it might minimally help with some candidates but below are my concerns with what I have heard or read.

Chris Low pushed Steel and maybe Tee angle on 104.5 - is Fulmer going to go UT flavor? A very vanilla Steele is my biggest concern

With all the pending payouts and suits can we afford anyone?

Are we still stuck with no Jimmy Sexton clients?

I hate we missed on Leach honestly. Was kind of excited about it.

Reactions: Weezer
Interested to hear what Larry has to say about this. No posts from him in almost a week.

Posted this after conversation with him couple of days ago...

Sad day, LWS is basically pulling the plug, saying he is done with UT football. He will only pay attention to the 12 games each year, but the rest of his time he will devote elsewhere.

Hopefully that will change now.

Last edited:
Have a little question.

Why didn't they hire Leach yesterday and then fire Currie today?

That way they could have had an outstanding coach and then put a VFL as AD? Two birds, one stone.

Problem solved, moving forward to recruiting.

Damage less inflicted, and able to save face a little bit, instead of this fiasco today.

Doesn't that strike anyone as odd?

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back