Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday Swain said that an SEC team “not named Alabama or Georgia” is ranked higher than usual in the recruiting rankings because they are pushing hard on the NIL. I think he was alluding to Missouri but he didn’t go into more detail.

NIL will sort itself out after this year. Especially after the current teams under investigation are investigated. Tennessee has positioned itself well in a year of NIL uncertainty by keeping its nose clean.

Next year’s recruiting class is the one people need to worry about. Btw, we already have a High 4 star committed (for those individuals who are worried about our recruiting)

If TN beats Florida next year. I will pull a @Kingston Vol and disappear. Won't make a new account either.
LSU still has way too much talent and while Kelly is an ******* he isn't isn't worst coach I've ever seen.
We aren’t losing to LSU or Florida next year you can go ahead and book that.

I have had heroin addicts tell me that giving up heroin was much easier than giving up tobacco. Nicotine more addictive than any substance that I know of. Since it’s legal and has widespread use, it’s killed more people than all of the opioids and illicit drugs combined. Just my two cents. Lost more relatives to tobacco than anything else combined. It affects every organ system.
Vaping is trading the carcinogens found in tobacco for God knows what is in the vape cartridges…we will find out in 20-30 years when all the vapers start dying off. Just like we found out about emphysema and the myriad of cancers and heart disease caused by tobacco use.

Since I am just in this for the money, that’s $995.00. 😳 sorry that other poster kinda pissed me off. 😐

Nicotine is actually more addictive.
It’s easier to obtain. Much more physically and psychologically addictive. It’s just more socially acceptable.

Not a deadly withdrawal like alcohol. My Dad was an alcoholic, ruined his family relationships. However, his nicotine addiction is what killed him. Lung cancer. I have a significant family history of alcoholism on my father’s side, however I have lost way more family to tobacco related diseases.

From a healthcare burden standpoint, tobacco (nicotine) addiction has killed more people than all the alcohol and illicit substances combined. It’s killed more Americans than the total of every war we have fought in combined. The cost of taking care of the health related disruption caused by tobacco/nicotine/vaping costs billions annually in the USA alone.

Every addictive substance has its own highlights.
Not calling you dishonest or anything like that at all. . . .I am having a hard time believing it is in the same ballpark as addictive, either physically or mentally. On common ground, it would barely be talked about. I mean to say, that all things equal - such as legal availability, price, social acceptance, etc. - it seems that opiates and alcohol would dwarf tobacco in general addiction rates.

I don't know why try to learn about stuff like this, curiosity I suppose, but the suggestion that tobacco is more physically and mentally addictive is not something I thought would be a fact.

Serious discussion! Since both kiffin and JH achieved 7 wins in their first season at UT..who do you think would have had the most hype going into the next season?..

(this is also hypothetically speaking ) if kiffin did coach at least 1 more year here.so two years minimum who has the most hype?

So down the stretch we came in 2nd on all of these guys?:

Tolan (LSU)
West (FSU)
Nolen (A$M)
Agu (Vandy (!!) )
Gilbert (Auburn)
Scott (Auburn)
Jones (Michigan)
Igbinosun (Ole Miss)
Pearce (we are 2nd to “seeing what else comes along before NSD”)
Probably others I am forgetting

And we hit on only Webb (ECU), J Williams (WVU), and D Williams (Houston); and maybe flipped a Tulane commit in Jacas (assuming we can hold off mighty Illinois).

I like the guys we got, but we just flat out failed to close in a meaningful way. The guys we got were not being heavily recruited by SEC level programs, the guys we failed on were. Frankly, we simply did not recruit at the standard that is required.

There can be no sugar coating failing this badly down the stretch, especially with the positive momentum we had throughout the season.

CJH must make changes immediately — whether on his staff and/or in his recruiting philosophy. Recruiting at a high level in the SEC is blood sport. We have demonstrated down the stretch that we aren’t prepared to win these tough fights.

Tolan (LSU)
West (FSU)
Nolen (A$M)
Agu (Vandy (!!) )
Gilbert (Auburn)
Scott (Auburn)
And the argument about "established long-term relationships" doesn't hold up. Vandy and Auburn's coaching staffs have been in place the same length of time as ours. A&M and LSU don't even HAVE a DC right now! We had better seasons than ALL of these teams and we've had our coaching staff in place the same length or longer.

Tolan (LSU)
West (FSU)
Nolen (A$M)
Agu (Vandy (!!) )
Gilbert (Auburn)
Scott (Auburn)
Jones (Michigan)
Igbinosun (Ole Miss)

And we hit on only Webb (ECU), J Williams (WVU), and D Williams (Houston); and maybe flipped a Tulane commit in Jacas (assuming we can hold off mighty Illinois).

I like the guys we got, but we just flat out failed to close in a meaningful way. The guys we got were not being heavily recruited by SEC level programs, the guys we failed on were. Frankly, we simply did not recruit at the standard that is required.

There can be no sugar coating failing this badly down the stretch, especially with the positive momentum we had throughout the season.

CJH must make changes immediately — whether on his staff and/or in his recruiting philosophy. Recruiting at a high level in the SEC is blood sport. We have demonstrated down the stretch that we aren’t prepared to win these tough fights.
Such a pathetic loser "woe is me" loser mentality. Hell, it's not even Wed. yet and you and others are already whining and wanting major changes made in the coaching staff. Good grief. Many of you need to leave the rf and get back to the ff and stay there!

I should say, I imagine the harder stuff to be more addictive because of the lengths it makes some people go to get it and the paws associated with it. I imagine tobacco is hard to quit, in large part, because it's been socially accepted and readily available. . . and extremely cheap in comparison.

Truth is, I don't have a lot of room to make assumptions, never dealing with it personally. . . just what I've read and heard.

For some, it's all about the chemistry. Having drinks is more socially accepted than smoking.
Smokers tend to be around other smokers and usually just "bum" cigarettes if they don't have any. They're way cheaper and easy to obtain without extreme measures.

But you also see people hold up a convenience store and jerk down a carton while getting the money. Or hit a pawn shop and go directly to a store. Being legal and cheap, not gonna see many headlines. But getting 2 am calls offering $20 for a ride to get a pack, because they couldn't wait another second, wasn't uncommon back then.

Tolan (LSU)
West (FSU)
Nolen (A$M)
Agu (Vandy (!!) )
Gilbert (Auburn)
Scott (Auburn)
Jones (Michigan)
Igbinosun (Ole Miss)

iu

And the argument about "established long-term relationships" doesn't hold up. Vandy and Auburn's coaching staffs have been in place the same length of time as ours. A&M and LSU don't even HAVE a DC right now! We had better seasons than ALL of these teams and we've had our coaching staff in place the same length or longer.

Vandy kid was committed to Lea at Notre Dame so the "established long-term relationships" absolutely holds up there. And Louisiana kids almost always go to LSU when it's an option.

I think what people are concerned with recruiting such as myself is failing to close on defensive recruits. Offensive this is a very good class but we are 18th because our defensive recruiting bringing the class down. We really need help on defense depth and not sure we got what we need. Need to find some transfers with multiple years

Is this a recruiting news update or are we grasping at straws?

Admittedly, last winter the program was in an embarrassing position but it is still difficult to take once faced with a struggling class. Sorry to be debbie downer but if we don't get some "impact" players in the portal we will start struggling in 1-2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back