Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody who thinks we’re going 9-3 next year is in for a disappointment. I could very well see another 7 win season. Don’t think we’ll be that much improved defensively, given how the roster looks now. That could change with some portal additions however. Let’s be patient, and let this guy build a program. Easier said than done, but I personally believe we’re looking at a solid 5-6 year rebuild before we’re really ready to compete with the top programs in this league.
Who is beating us? Seriously? Pitt had a lot of seniors that will be gone including their first round QB. And we should have beat them this year. UF/LSU are transitioning so I bet we beat one. Lose to Bama and Georgia. Then we have Kentucky, SC, Vandy, and Mizzou. We beat them all this year, I bet we beat them all next year as we will be better. Then cupcakes. 9-3 is absolutely doable.

Who is beating us? Seriously? Pitt had a lot of seniors that will be gone including their first round QB. And we should have beat them this year. UF/LSU are transitioning so I bet we beat one. Lose to Bama and Georgia. Then we have Kentucky, SC, Vandy, and Mizzou. We beat them all this year, I bet we beat them all next year as we will be better. Then cupcakes. 9-3 is absolutely doable.
If Pickett goes in the first round this QB class sucks.
Also 8-4 next year. L's to UGA, Bama, LSU, FL

If Pickett goes in the first round this QB class sucks.
Also 8-4 next year. L's to UGA, Bama, LSU, FL
Safe bet. But I’m not putting UF as a loss with everyone they are losing. Plus they have to come to Neyland and they are in year one of their system. Biggest jump for a coach is year two when everyone understands their system. I like our chances. Plus LSU doesn’t scare me.

For millions of people opiates or other heavy duty pks are the only thing that allows them to have even a smidgen of quality of life.

Yessir. My job is to help improve my patients’ quality of life. Acute injuries are easy if caught and treated correctly.

It’s the transition to chronic issues that are the life altering injuries. The problem with most is that it becomes a multi factorial problem. Sometimes if you find the right treatment for the right etiology, then it falls like dominoes.

Other times, you have to identify each an every problem and treat them individually. I will endeavor to help as long as the patient is willing to participate.

The three biggest contrIbuting factors to treatment failures in my practice are nicotine use, obesity and patient noncompliance. Try getting a nicotine addicted person to stop so that their body can heal. Hint, the nicotine in one cigarette can stop all healing in the human body. That’s why nicotine addicts all look older.
I explain the effects of obesity and body mechanics, but that frequently falls on deaf ears…
Sometimes, the fix is as simple as regaining flexibility, but getting patients to buy in to something so simple is tough too.

Now, I have plenty of patients that they have so many issues, injuries, co-morbid medical issues that the battle is too much. Those folks find relief in opiates, then I prescribe them.

The only issue that I have with Kratom is the potential for severe consequences if mixed with other substances. I have patients who have much better relief with it than any prescribed medication. We actually test for it in out urine drug screens and pre-op labs. Same with marijuana. Both are dangerous especially when mixed with anesthesia…
I don’t terminate patient relationships if if they violate their opiate agreement. I educate them about the dangers of mixing substances. If they violate twice, then they can still receive treatment, but opiates are no longer an option.
Patients usually understand that I am not condemning them, but I am not willing to lose my medical license because they can’t follow the rules.
Sorry, this was too long. Don’t read. 😷

I will say that personally, I think that the opioid crisis is way overblown by the media and politicians. At least in my practice and my group. It’s a problem for 5-10% of opiate users, but the other 90% have to suffer…

Safe bet. But I’m not putting UF as a loss with everyone they are losing. Plus they have to come to Neyland and they are in year one of their system. Biggest jump for a coach is year two when everyone understands their system. I like our chances. Plus LSU doesn’t scare me.
If TN beats Florida next year. I will pull a @Kingston Vol and disappear. Won't make a new account either.
LSU still has way too much talent and while Kelly is an ******* he isn't isn't worst coach I've ever seen.

Yessir. My job is to help improve my patients’ quality of life. Acute injuries are easy if caught and treated correctly.

It’s the transition to chronic issues that are the life altering injuries. The problem with most is that it becomes a multi factorial problem. Sometimes if you find the right treatment for the right etiology, then it falls like dominoes.

Other times, you have to identify each an every problem and treat them individually. I will endeavor to help as long as the patient is willing to participate.

The three biggest contrIbuting factors to treatment failures in my practice are nicotine use, obesity and patient noncompliance. Try getting a nicotine addicted person to stop so that their body can heal. Hint, the nicotine in one cigarette can stop all healing in the human body. That’s why nicotine addicts all look older.
I explain the effects of obesity and body mechanics, but that frequently falls on deaf ears…
Sometimes, the fix is as simple as regaining flexibility, but getting patients to buy in to something so simple is tough too.

Now, I have plenty of patients that they have so many issues, injuries, co-morbid medical issues that the battle is too much. Those folks find relief in opiates, then I prescribe them.

The only issue that I have with Kratom is the potential for severe consequences if mixed with other substances. I have patients who have much better relief with it than any prescribed medication. We actually test for it in out urine drug screens and pre-op labs. Same with marijuana. Both are dangerous especially when mixed with anesthesia…
I don’t terminate patient relationships if if they violate their opiate agreement. I educate them about the dangers of mixing substances. If they violate twice, then they can still receive treatment, but opiates are no longer an option.
Patients usually understand that I am not condemning them, but I am not willing to lose my medical license because they can’t follow the rules.
Sorry, this was too long. Don’t read. 😷

I will say that personally, I think that the opioid crisis is way overblown by the media and politicians. At least in my practice and my group. It’s a problem for 5-10% of opiate users, but the other 90% have to suffer…
yikes, what a difficult situation.

I was speaking specifically about suboxone and pain clinics, not doctors in general. I could go there, but I agree, it would not be fair to all the good docs.

Fair. My practice doesn’t use suboxone or anything like that. We’re not a “pain clinic “ I am part of an Orthopedic group. I treat all the non surgical issues. That ends up being a lot of chronic pain, but I hate the term “pain management “.

If TN beats Florida next year. I will pull a @Kingston Vol and disappear. Won't make a new account either.
LSU still has way too much talent and while Kelly is an ******* he isn't isn't worst coach I've ever seen.

With all these high profile head coaching positions open I’m surprised Tee Martin didn’t get a whiff. Blue font. 🙄

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Rattler to USCj is going to go about as well as Kelly Bryant to Mizzou went.

With that said, impressive get for Beamer. He's got them believing down there.

Umm, Rattler was looking for a place where there would be no QB competition. He can’t handle having to prove he’s better (read work hard for it) He found the right situation in usc. However, he didn’t factor in that usc is in the SEC. He will be shown to be mediocre talent against SEC defenses… can’t wait to watch. 😂

Yes. It was the biggest gripe about Heupel when he was hired here. He can develop though, but Bama took our gameplan vs UGA and drug them with 5 stars. Talent always wins out. We’ll be good, just not great. But I’ll take just being good over the last decade any day. Done being greedy lol.
You have to get from bad to good before you can get to great. You can't get from bad to great in 1-2 years. It's imperative that we recruit better too. Have to get this NCAA stuff behind us. Have to get our ish together on the NIL stuff.

Our offense was dynamic this year. Recruits that play offense saw it. Not much a rival coach can say about our offense. Offensively, we outperformed about all so few can make claim that their offense was better.

Defense on the other hand was pretty abysmal. Have to recruit better and coach better. May have to get a better coach here or there. Easy to recruit against TN on defense this cycle. Hopefully we can get some difference makers in th transfer portal.

That last paragraph is really insulting.

There’s lots of evidence that mixing Kratom with other substances can be a deadly combination, such as opioids. It can be deadly if in your system when you receive anesthesia for surgery.

Be careful out there VN!
Since I am here for the cash, please send me all of your money…when I get all of it, I will then fund some NIL deals. 🤔
There is also a lot of evidence that Kratom helps millions of people...and scheduling it is only going to hurt people like me...badly.

Mixing any substances is always deadly and people doing that are dumbasses trying to get wasted. I am sick of getting penalized for other peoples stupidity.

Lol I come in here happy about an 18th ranked recruiting class so far, and everyone is in here with piss in their cheerios what in the world is going on.
It's challenging for some to 1. Be realistic 2. Manage their expectations 3. Ever be happy about anything. Heavy emphasis on number 3.

Also to @Enki_Amenra
Can't debate like it's the same for everyone.
There's different vices and addictions for a reason. Your experiences, my experiences, don't mean anything to others' situations.

Already been open about my past.*For me*
-Quitting drinking was really hard for about 2 weeks.
-Still ZERO cravings for either pain med after years, no matter how long I go without needing them.

-Quitting smoking, the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, BY FAR. Only one that made me think of doing anything to stop the cravings.
No matter how many years pass, still can't be anywhere near someone smoking.
Yet, know people with that list in exact reverse.

It's NOT one size fits all, it's just not.

I should say, I imagine the harder stuff to be more addictive because of the lengths it makes some people go to get it and the paws associated with it. I imagine tobacco is hard to quit, in large part, because it's been socially accepted and readily available. . . and extremely cheap in comparison.

Truth is, I don't have a lot of room to make assumptions, never dealing with it personally. . . just what I've read and heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back