Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to continue this subject much more, since it's OT, but are you suggesting that nicotine addiction is in the same ball-park as opiates or alcohol?

I have had heroin addicts tell me that giving up heroin was much easier than giving up tobacco. Nicotine more addictive than any substance that I know of. Since it’s legal and has widespread use, it’s killed more people than all of the opioids and illicit drugs combined. Just my two cents. Lost more relatives to tobacco than anything else combined. It affects every organ system.
Vaping is trading the carcinogens found in tobacco for God knows what is in the vape cartridges…we will find out in 20-30 years when all the vapers start dying off. Just like we found out about emphysema and the myriad of cancers and heart disease caused by tobacco use.

Since I am just in this for the money, that’s $995.00. 😳 sorry that other poster kinda pissed me off. 😐

Yea, but it’s clear that he doesn’t need the uber talented guys to develop. I’m not going to whine about 8 wins right now. Heupel is here for a while. Got to accept it and support the staff.
I never said anything to the contrary

The NCAA stuff was dealt with when UT cleaned house with Pruitt and Company. Any further penalties are not going to be super serious
Agreed, but as long as the decision suits unmade the negative recruiting will continue. And the NCAA is never in a hurry.

I never thought when we hired our staff that we would possibly close this first class with a better offensive class than defensive. This class is very good offensively. Every position group (once we add Williams too) was recruited very well. Defense leaves a lot to be desired. But I will wait to see how we close. If we get Verse, Moten, Pearce, and a few great portal players, then I’m real happy.

Oy. I’m a fan of Heupel and want UT to succeed. It’s ok to say that closing out ‘22 leaves a good bit to be desired. We need tons of defensive help and have plenty of PT to go around.

And we are striking out. I’m sure Heupel’s pissed and will communicate this to the defensive staff

ITS NOT OVER GEEZ

I never thought when we hired our staff that we would possibly close this first class with a better offensive class than defensive. This class is very good offensively. Every position group (once we add Williams too) was recruited very well. Defense leaves a lot to be desired. But I will wait to see how we close. If we get Verse, Moten, Pearce, and a few great portal players, then I’m real happy.
Agreed, we really need to close well on D. If not we need to really hit in the portal.

I have had heroin addicts tell me that giving up heroin was much easier than giving up tobacco. Nicotine more addictive than any substance that I know of. Since it’s legal and has widespread use, it’s killed more people than all of the opioids and illicit drugs combined. Just my two cents. Lost more relatives to tobacco than anything else combined. It affects every organ system.
Vaping is trading the carcinogens found in tobacco for God knows what is in the vape cartridges…we will find out in 20-30 years when all the vapers start dying off. Just like we found out about emphysema and the myriad of cancers and heart disease caused by tobacco use.

Since I am just in this for the money, that’s $995.00. 😳 sorry that other poster kinda pissed me off. 😐

Again, it was not intended as a blanket statement about doctors, but about a specific subset.

I agree completely with what you are saying.

Signed,
that other poster

Reactions: VolNash17
Again, it was not intended as a blanket statement about doctors, but about a specific subset.

I agree completely with what you are saying.

Signed,
that other poster

You need to realize it's going to be at least a few hours before Doc reads your apology. It might even be tomorrow.

Offense next year:
QB: Hendo, Milton, Jackson
RB: Small, Wright, Williams, Sampson
TE: Warren, Fant, Bell, Nixon, Campbell
OL: Wright, Carvin, Coop, Spraggins, Cade/FL transfer
WR: Tillman, Calloway, Hyatt, Merrill, Holiday, Squirrel, Nimrod, Coby, Webb, Miller

That’s a ton of speed. Offense is gonna eat. Imagine adding Copeland or another dynamic WR portal player. Yikes.

Offense next year:
WR: Tillman, Calloway, Hyatt, Merrill, Holiday, Squirrel, Nimrod, Coby, Webb, Miller

That’s a ton of speed. Offense is gonna eat. Imagine adding Copeland or another dynamic WR portal player. Yikes.
We’re gonna be good on offense, still would like to add a transfer RB and WR. Defense however needs A TON of work.

We’re gonna be good on offense, still would like to add a transfer RB and WR. Defense however needs A TON of work.
True! But I think our secondary will actually be pretty good next year with the young guys playing more next year (especially at safety). DT should be good. LB needs two transfers, Edge needs 1-2. I would take a transfer WR for sure. I’m 50/50 on a runningback. Freshmen can play immediately at that position and Williams and Sampson appear to be very good.

Why is it not okay to be at least slightly disappointed with this class? You can realize everything Heupel and Tennessee had working against them and still be disappointed it wasn't better. It's not a statement against Heupel, it's just the fan in me wanting more.

Well yeah, I like winning at everything...but it is probably a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

This is true. But the defense needed a lot of work on paper this year too and they scrapped it together better than expected. Hopefully there are some returning players we aren't currently counting on that surprise us and step up too. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Having a good offense helps.

Why is it not okay to be at least slightly disappointed with this class? You can realize everything Heupel and Tennessee had working against them and still be disappointed it wasn't better. It's not a statement against Heupel, it's just the fan in me wanting more.
Its okay to be a little disappointed , I am but I also know this class could be worse if Tn had only won 4 or 5 games. I also do not think this will define Heups career. Now if he repeats this next year then it may cause for some concern. But I think from here on out a lot of schools will be depending on the portal more.

Offense next year:

I would like 3 speedy LBs to go with that order

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back