Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty ironic that DW said he's a builder and then hires the guy who was handed they keys to and undefeated team and has them 6-4 in year 3. In year 3 you know what you have in a coach. Wrong trajectory, Danny.

This one I do not understand. Covid year, 10 players opt out he goes 6-4 and we boo him. Hmmm now what was our record last year? 3-7 lol

Tell me if you from Florida, would you want to go play in the central part of the state?
Worm has a point. If it was just about location, they'd all go to Miami. Orlando is much nicer than Gainesville or Tallahassee.

I'm promise I'm not making this up. This is the reaction of SEC fans on the SEC rant. I event got the gif from there and it was from a Missouri fan.

tenor.gif

And most of them thought Pruitt was a good hire because he's a Bama baw.

I think this will be a hard thing for a lot of people. I watched some of his stuff. He sounds and talks like pruitt. When pruitt was hired he wasn't exciting but we had the "at least he sounds like a coach". We just went thorough that so a lot of people will associate that with pruitt and negativity. He's not going to excite the fans like people wanted.
Agree he’s not, I mean I’m not overjoyed either but, I’ll welcome an offensive coach over what we’ve had over the last 3 years.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
I don’t care to argue it. But Heupel right now is not viewed anywhere close to Kiffin. Kidding ourselves if you think that. One has coached at major universities and in the NFL. The other has coached at one university that went undefeated the year before he took over for just three years.
Both have no been HC’s of major universities. One is two and 0 against the other. Lane’s defense at Ole Miss was worse than Heupel’s. Just saying.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
You know what tho... the guy WANTED us and that says a lot, I think he is a confident guy who can win here... the only negative is that he is not a “recruiter” but that is not necessarily what we need right now we need a guy that can coach and he’s proven that

Well the search has been a wild one!

Shouldn’t be surprised, but the talks of white whales and centurion cards set all of us up for a lot loftier expectations.

I don't think there's any chance Chaney is kept. What I'm saying is I'll be interested to see if he takes a couple of years off and lives the buyout life.

Tee could stick as WR coach. I've also heard some speculation he could be RB coach if Graham leaves. Tee could also work in Knoxville media or in an off-field role for the athletic department for a year to see his kid through graduation.

Another question is, will he retain Weinke as QB coach? I'm not sure if Weinke is/was the problem but our QB development over the last few years has been seemingly brutal.

Uh yeah. The top 300 in the country and you can't get 1? Get on the field quicker at UCF and live in Orlando over Gainesville and Tallahassee. I'd much rather do that.

UCF is the largest in state university, and has a huge mark-up for out of state tuition. With one of the lowest acceptance rates in Florida.

Looks like the Gators are the only in-state school with higher out of state cost... UCF is not an easy place to recruit to at all.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back