Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be ecstatic if we can get back to where we were in 2012 under Dooley, but with a competent DC this time.

Imagine how much fun that season would have been if we didn't have Sal Sunseri calling the defensive plays and coaching those guys down.

Maybe we can right the wrong and have his first choice for DC Kevin Steele in that position this time.

Ok? So thats where we are. Butchisms. You still LOST!! "We are the only team in the history of ever to lose every regular season game by one score or less, except the bowl game because we had so many young kids who have never flown before." 😂
I don’t even know what you’re arguing. You’re worried about recruiting because a guy was recruiting basically on par for everyone else does at UCF.

We’ve never had a problem getting good players to come here. Not under some absolute baboons as coaches. No one that comes here will have us consistently top 5 in recruiting. The services don’t allow for it because we won’t get the bump like the other programs.

There’s 10 other things to like about the hire and how our current roster fits it. I’m not wasting my team worrying sick that we will be 14th in recruiting.

Both have no been HC’s of major universities. One is two and 0 against the other. Lane’s defense at Ole Miss was worse than Heupel’s. Just saying.
Lol. I know you blindly follow coaches and I love that but he is not viewed on Lane Kififns level right now. No one would say that. Could he be better in three years? Hell yes, if he wins the East within three years and we win say six games year one, eight to nine in two years, and ten in year three then we hit a grand slam.

I don’t care to argue it. But Heupel right now is not viewed anywhere close to Kiffin. Kidding ourselves if you think that. One has coached at major universities and in the NFL. The other has coached at one university that went undefeated the year before he took over for just three years.

The one that has coached at major universities and the NFL has also been a failure at those major universities and NFL. I don't get the Kiffin hype. I think people just like his persona, there are other good offensive minds in football.

Reactions: ndubvols and UTJoe
UCF Classes

O’Leary

Frost

Heupel

Frost pulled in 3 top 20 classes at Nebraska after those classes at UCF. Don’t see any reason to think Heupel can’t do the same with a solid staff.

It should be clear by now that recruiting is not this football program's biggest problem.

I'm promise I'm not making this up. This is the reaction of SEC fans on the SEC rant. I event got the gif from there and it was from a Missouri fan.

tenor.gif
Didn't he have the two best offenses in school history? Is the person that posted it dim-witted?

Tennessee though, one of the easier schools to recruit to. Partly because our acceptance rate is 79% (UCF's is 44%). So we have an easier time getting struggling students in than most of the country. While also having some of the best facilities and being in the SEC. I think we'll recruit just fine. I also think once we start racking up 30+ ppg we'll be even more attractive to attend.
Having Atlanta and Nashville within a stone's throw and being the only only real university in state means it's hard to recruit below 15th nationally. I hope Heupel can recruit top 10 but I imagine, based on his history, that will require some winning first or hiring some serious recruiters on staff. Top 15 is good enough to compete if his scheme is the real deal though.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
This is why Tennessee’s fanbase looks so toxic to media and coaches. Is it the fans fault that we are in the mess we are in? HELL NO! But to national media and the coaching fraternity, fan negativity is seen as huge part of the problem. That is the perception. You can scream all you want “how stupid! Blaming this on the fans” and you are technically right. But the perception to media and coaches is that it is a huge problem. Argue with them, not me! Sometimes perception is reality even if it’s technically not true. What are going to do to change this perception?
The perception that it's the fans was created by the media. It's a myth they've crafted over the years that ignores the true problems of UT. If coaches are buying into that myth, I question their intelligence. Any and every coach should know you win the fanbase by winning games. You win on the field and you'll pretty much be beloved by the fans. Lose and you won't. That's true of every fanbase. Sadly, we mostly have our local media to blame for propagating this myth to begin with, to the point it's reached national levels. When Auburn fans expressed they didn't want Steele to replace Gus, did they get a bad rap? Nope, not at all. We're not the only fanbase to express displeasure, but we get **** on for it like no other.

Give me a full staff that he would bring
Did some of this last night.
OC: Lebby
OL: Elarbee
TE: Golesh
WR: Tee or Osovet
RB: Graham (if he'll stay. I'm pessimistic here.)

The defense is harder to predict because I think the DC hire will be an outside hire. It sounds like it won't be Steele or Randy Shannon. Maybe Barry Odom?

DB: Willie Martinez

Reactions: SweetasSoda
There’s 10 other things to like about the hire and how our current roster fits it. I’m not wasting my team worrying sick that we will be 14th in recruiting.

Hank, I’m excited about the possibility of an improving offense.
I think one of his hardest first jobs will be winning and securing our current locker room.

Would you mind listing some of the ten positive things you were referring to?
I’m trying to get optimistic but just worry this is Dooley 2.0

I wanted Chadwell bad yesterday, but if he was actually the hire, I might already be feeling some buyer's remorse on that. Because his offense isn't proven at all outside of CCU and FCS. Heupel's offense works in FBS and even the SEC. And he can start putting up points immediately with our guys. Chadwell might have required a few classes.

History does not agree with you. Name me one case where the NCAA has gone easy on a school has fessed up?
This thing doesn't go like we all would think is fair. The NCAA isn't like a good parent that encourages their kid to do the right thing and tell the truth. History has proven me to be right and I expect this time to be no different. I would be ecstatic if I'm wrong.
Actually history proves that self imposed penalties due to your own investigations are generally upheld. When you hide the infractions, you get nailed a la Pearl here. LSU, Kansas, & Auburn all have their punishments coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back