Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit that I don’t follow Iowa State football, but am I the only person that wonders why everyone is giddy about paying a coach $8 million dollars a year that is 35-28 in a terrible Big 12 conference? Butch Jones was 34-27 here and was playing Bama, UGa, Florida, et al.

He took Iowa St to a New Years day bowl, that's like taking Vandy to a 10 win season.

I must admit that I don’t follow Iowa State football, but am I the only person that wonders why everyone is giddy about paying a coach $8 million dollars a year that is 35-28 in a terrible Big 12 conference? Butch Jones was 34-27 here and was playing Bama, UGa, Florida, et al.

Because Iowa State, prior to Matt Campbell went 3-9, 3-9, 2-10, and 3-9 in the prior 4 seasons. Because they have 5 bowl wins all-time and Campbell owns TWO of them. Because Matt Campbell led them to their first Big 12 Championship game appearance since 1912.

Fulmer getting ousted again is sad. Dude will have nothing to do with UT anymore. Should never have been given the AD job.
Really not that sad...Dude should never gotten into this mess a 2nd time guess he thought he could save the program....Hands tied but he needed to stay out of this mess....should have known better, thus the reason I don't feel sorry for him and it is not sad, it is a good thing...needed a cleansing in the AD an coaching staff...

James Franklin would be a HUGE disappointment.
Wut?? He won 9 games b2b at VANDY. In 10 seasons, he's won 9+ 6 of those. 3 11-win seasons. Made a bowl 100% of seasons.

Vandy had literally won 4 games in the prior 2 seasons to Franklin. He won 24 games in 3 seasons...

He seems like a shiz person, so idk if we'd actually target him, but the guy wins. I'd gladly take what he's done at Penn St all day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back