Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit that I don’t follow Iowa State football, but am I the only person that wonders why everyone is giddy about paying a coach $8 million dollars a year that is 35-28 in a terrible Big 12 conference? Butch Jones was 34-27 here and was playing Bama, UGa, Florida, et al.
YouTube him. He's good. Beats Texas and Oklahoma with Vandy players. Everyone wants him.

I must admit that I don’t follow Iowa State football, but am I the only person that wonders why everyone is giddy about paying a coach $8 million dollars a year that is 35-28 in a terrible Big 12 conference? Butch Jones was 34-27 here and was playing Bama, UGa, Florida, et al.

It’s because they are traditionally a cellar dwellers and he is outmanned and outgunned in every game they play yet he is competitive in those games and has some amazing wins against top 10 teams in the last few years. And most importantly even in their losses they are competitive and playing hard the entire game. He is the “gets more out of less” guy.

Wut?? He would 9 games b2b at VANDY. In 10 seasons, he's won 9+ 6 of those. 3 11-win seasons.

He seems like a shiz person, so idk if we'd actually target him, but the guy wins.

And managed to lose to Nebraska and Maryland in the same season.

So, by that measure Frost before Franklin

Chris Petersen retired from Washington due to the stress of the job. Thats the Washington Huskies, an afterthought in Seattle. Yeah come take on this rebuild from Hell, coach Pete. Thats not happening.

I don’t think it was as much stress related as people think. He said in his presser he felt Lake deserved a shot and if he didn’t then he wouldn’t be resigning. It’s easy for college coaches to get burnt out in current state of game. From what I gather he was more tired of the way the game was heading when your at a disadvantage trying to do things the right way vs all of the shadiness. He also made it sound like this wasn’t a retirement.

A place like TN looking for someone to clean it up and with another high profile coach in Rick Barnes able to win and recruit at high level the right way. Maybe this is a place he decides to step into and fix and take a shot at those he feels are messying the waters

My only concern if it is Campbell, is I’m sure the current players and upcoming recruits probably don’t know who Matt Campbell is. just see his record for what it is and not actually like damn this guy has done a tremendous job at ISU. Will need some stellar recruiters on that staff at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back