Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. This is not the flu, much more contagious and devastating. People of all ages are going into ARDS, and we have limited vents to care for them. This virus can literally cripple our health care system in no time. 330 million people and under 1 million hospital beds! You do the math, it won’t take much.

2. Suicides aren’t contagious. Yes, mental health is highly undervalued and we truly need medical professionals in this area. However, you can’t spread a suicide.

3. Car deaths aren’t contagious. Yes, automotive accidents cause loss of life, but you can’t spread car accidents to other people.

Y’all are comparing oranges to potatoes right now. Yes, people die in lots of ways, but it has nothing to do with a viral pandemic.
Your not wrong.

But the point trying to be made here is that if "the result being death" is the only part of this that is worthy of attention/discussion... Well as far as death tolls go, there are much more deadly things out there that have never gotten the attention this has.

Again, if death tolls are the standard...

That is the problem... The headline on this has predominantly been death tolls and mortality rates... As if that's the only thing worth measuring. And in doing so it's invited the "well what about x's death tolls?" And it's then easier to explain away... So really for many pushing the 'deadly' aspect of this has had the opposite affect.

And that is a function of what the media has decided to push...

So again... The biggest danger here is how contagious it is. And if it spreads.. as a function of more diagnoses, It will in turn kill more people and more people will get sick.
And in that Scenario the issue then becomes long term ramifications for the economy and the healthcare industry's ability to respond... Capacity and resources are the bigger issue. Which in turn, would negatively affect mortality rates.

So to prevent that... Do this. Simple.

And it doesn't require political agendas or media overdosing.... Neither of which have actually helped lately.

But for those saying most people won't be affected by this medically to a significant degree are correct.... And it's not wrong to say so....If it doesn't spread drastically and go unchecked.

I think you’re 10000000000% right.
I’m following the rules but the numbers do not add up here. The hysteria is very overblown. Probably because the media has mentioned it over 2.5 billion times in 5 weeks

If you are still arguing the numbers don’t add up, just resolve you are bad at math. All doctors, political parties, news organizations, etc are saying the same thing. The media isn’t saying these things, doctors are. The media is just reporting it. If you want to argue, graduate med school.

I’m following the rules but the numbers do not add up here. The hysteria is very overblown. Probably because the media has mentioned it over 2.5 billion times in 5 weeks
Yeah... I'm not really overly concerned with the numbers to be honest... Agree about the coverage of this...

If the numbers stay or get under control, then it's either not as a big deal as had been portrayed or the measures taken are working.

Either way... That's the goal right?

And if the numbers go the other way... It won't really matter would it?

I'm of the opinion that people should take this seriously, but also understand that for the vast majority, there will be small or almost no medical impact to them... So no need to freak out and hoard. It isn't the end of the world, it's just a really long break...

And to keep it that way, do what they're telling you to do.... So it won't spread so fast, So that for the ones it has and will impact, they'll have the needed resources available to be treated.... And so we can get back to normal as quickly as we can and that it stay that way once we get there.

Instead of arguing over the seriousness of it all let’s talk about what’s going change change in our world because of it. What innovations do y’all see coming about? What changes in industries are going to take place? More remote workers? More people utilizing home delivery of food?

Can't bring reusable bags to the grocery store anymore...f the environment, my bags might be carrying a load of virus!

Instead of arguing over the seriousness of it all let’s talk about what’s going change change in our world because of it. What innovations do y’all see coming about? What changes in industries are going to take place? More remote workers? More people utilizing home delivery of food?
It will all go back to normal most likely.

So as to help keep my distance from others and limit contact with the outside world. I’m gonna let my wife give me a haircut....

Wish me luck...
giphy.gif

If you are still arguing the numbers don’t add up, just resolve you are bad at math. All doctors, political parties, news organizations, etc are saying the same thing. The media isn’t saying these things, doctors are. The media is just reporting it. If you want to argue, graduate med school.
The numbers are very small. Very mild mild virus.

The media...SMH.

I've seen interviews on NBC from patients with cv19 put on for the explicit purpose of scaring people in to following the quarantine.

I've yet to see anyone talk to our about the many people that have recovered just fine.

I hear about every single new person that dies.

I never hear about every new person that recovers by finally testing negative, or what those people did from a treatment standpoint etc... And how some of those things could be put into a "best practices"... Should you get it.

The national and local healthcare agencies, CDC and WHO report any ACTUALnews on the virus.

The news services sensationalize it and repackage it as if the worst case is playing out, who should be blamed for it, and why you should believe them.

There's an angle applied by the media that has gone beyond just reporting on what is happening.

And it doesn't matter if you're a fox news or MSNBC person... Chances are if you are one or the other you've spent at least some time blaming the other side for something in regards to this thing....

And I guarantee way too much attention is being/has been put on "what should have happened" vs. actually being a productive part of the solution.

"The news" is just bad reality TV at this point..

You just don’t get it, and that’s ok. Just stay your a$$ inside and don’t spread it. Dr. Fauci is actually recommending much longer than 2 weeks of social isolation. I’m a health care professional. We have 6 vents in our whole hospital, 6! That means after 6 people are in ARDS we can no longer provide life saving care to people. This is not a Fuggin joke like some you A$$ clowns are making it out to be. I’m sorry you can’t see the big picture and how bad this could get if we don’t take it seriously. Obviously I agree on mental health shortages, but this has nothing to do with mental health DA, this is viral pandemic.

Hey DA. I am following every freaking rule. Two more weeks after we have more data should be fine as well if numbers lead to that. But one million to two is overblown and too bad you and others are dumb asses when it comes to mathematics. Just because you think the media is over blowing it with fear and dismay doesn’t mean you are not respecting the virus. As a pitcher, never feared a hitter but respected them. Don’t fear the virus but respect it. However, we very well could have a million jobs plus loss and you may not want to hear this, but families will suffer. I guess if you don’t just accept everything the media gives you then your a district attorney.

Just have to wait and see. We'll know by the second week or so in April how serious this thing is. The graphs don't look promising right now, but maybe the social distancing thing will help slow it down.

The problem is that it will keep burning through the population well into the summer and likely the fall regardless of what we do, outside of mandatory quarantine/martial law. And then it will just flare back up as soon as people start leaving their homes again.

Reactions: hooter vol
1. This is not the flu, much more contagious and devastating. People of all ages are going into ARDS, and we have limited vents to care for them. This virus can literally cripple our health care system in no time. 330 million people and under 1 million hospital beds! You do the math, it won’t take much.

2. Suicides aren’t contagious. Yes, mental health is highly undervalued and we truly need medical professionals in this area. However, you can’t spread a suicide.

3. Car deaths aren’t contagious. Yes, automotive accidents cause loss of life, but you can’t spread car accidents to other people.

Y’all are comparing oranges to potatoes right now. Yes, people die in lots of ways, but it has nothing to do with a viral pandemic.
I'm not disagreeing with you.

Just have to wait and see. We'll know by the second week or so in April how serious this thing is. The graphs don't look promising right now, but maybe the social distancing thing will help slow it down.

The problem is that it will keep burning through the population well into the summer and likely the fall regardless of what we do, outside of mandatory quarantine/martial law. And then it will just flare back up as soon as people start leaving their homes again.
to your last point..
I think you might see an extension of what we're currently doing in an effort to squelch this thing in one shot... And maybe buy some more time on getting a viable vaccine or other treatment out...I don't think one more week will be enough time to really kill the spread and still see new cases decline.

That said.. Won't really know though for another week or two..

1584893328945.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY

It seems the virus is a cryophile to a low end mesophile. Mean it likes cold temperatures. Just like every other seasonal illness. The numbers are going up because there are more tests. This has been known to happen from day one. I think the curve will flatten in two weeks when this cold front leaves.

On a real note, my job brought in 15 Asian engineers from China yesterday. No 14 day Quarantine for them, I basically worked right beside them this morning. They are monitoring them for fevers though & yes this is in East Tennessee.
They are from Japan not China and there is closer case of the virus to us here in East Tennessee than where they live at in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back