Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure that the fallout from shutting the world down is gonna end up impacting more like 99.99999% of the people
Kind of looking forward to picking up a few Air BnBs for cheap when the bottom falls out. Still kicking myself for not buying beachfront in 2008.

I need some recommendations for either movies or tv series on prime or netflix. I swear I have went through everything on both and I have either watched it or the shows/movies do not catch my interest.

Baahubali 1&2 are great if you can handle foreign language with subtitles. I couldn’t sit through the English converted version but have watched the original like way too many times.
They are long and can definitely take out 5 hours. They are on Netflix

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Here is what I think is a valid question...would it have not been easier and cheaper to quarantine the highest risk people of the world, than to quarantine the whole world? This is sniffles and a cough to the vaaast majority of healthier people.
This thinking is why the numbers continue to rise man

i went thru the whole thing in two days, really like that all the actors get to play 2 roles, and even when killed off.... not dead
Got better and better every episode...which is the hallmark of an excellent series.

Reactions: StoVol
Growth rate staying steady. Really hope it drops after accounting for lag with more testing. Given all the new new restrictions, we'd expect a drop in rate soon. On our way to 20k+ new cases daily in 3 days without a drop.

Are you talking about the US? If so it's not 20k+ new cases daily. It's just under 20k total.

Are you talking about the US? If so it's not 20k+ new cases daily. It's just under 20k total.
Yes, the US. We are not under 20k...as we added 8k just today alone. I was saying in 3 days, given the overall growth rate here, we would hit 20k new daily cases. New cases have been doubling every ~2.5 days.

Reactions: OrangenSC
That is fair...I was being a bit of a jerk, but people were being a jerk to me too, acting like my concerns that the shutdown was gonna destroy millions of lives was just a trivial concern.

It makes you human. Most are scared of the unknown of this crap, and are still. While it’s never an excuse for being a jerk, you were going through watching your mom pass, none of us should have to, (prayers still for you and your family), some can post as jerks effortlessly, usually the same ones, doesn’t matter the situation of someone or the magnitude of what’s going on in the here and now. That’s the ones, we have to pray for.

Yes, the US. We are not under 20k...as we added 8k just today alone. I was saying in 3 days, given the overall growth rate here, we would hit 20k new daily cases. New cases have been doubling every ~2.5 days.
True growth rate depends on how much of the 8k was backlog from previous tests that could not be processed until now. All the backlog should be processed in the next couple days, then we will know the true growth rate (if any).

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that the fallout from shutting the world down is gonna end up impacting more like 99.99999% of the people
What sucks is shutting down was likely inevitable, either way. The choice was voluntarily, proactive, and mitigating or forced because of mass infection. One way or the other the entire world was going to be affected. But I'd bet SK and China are glad they did it themselves and not forced to do it.

Reactions: jlawso21
Looks like you guys have been arguing for days. Here’s my 2cents. Anyone not taking this seriously and staying home is an *******. Unless you’re in healthcare, work at a grocery store, or other essential jobs. And thank you to all of you out there helping.

But the ones ignoring the dangers, making light of this very serious situation, you are incredibly selfish assholes.

Depends on how much of the 8k was backlog from previous tests that could not be processed until now. All the backlog should be processed in the next couple days, then we will know the true growth rate (if any).
Yup. I think it may be decreasing, logically. If testing has gone up and rate is steady, it only makes sense the true rate is decreasing.

Reactions: Brillovol
What sucks is shutting down was likely inevitable, either way. The choice was voluntarily, proactive, and mitigating or forced because of mass infection. One way or the other the entire world was going to be affected. But I'd bet SK and China are glad they did it themselves and not forced to do it.
They dragged those MFs through the streets in China.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Looks like you guys have been arguing for days. Here’s my 2cents. Anyone not taking this seriously and staying home is an *******. Unless you’re in healthcare, work at a grocery store, or other essential jobs. And thank you to all of you out there helping.

But the ones ignoring the dangers, making light of this very serious situation, you are incredibly selfish assholes.
I’m following the rules but the numbers do not add up here. The hysteria is very overblown. Probably because the media has mentioned it over 2.5 billion times in 5 weeks

🙏

see Big Orange Al

what an *******...
Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back