Recruiting Football Talk VII

If you're walking through a parking lot and you see someone breaking into your car. . . if you yell "police, get on the ground or I'll shoot", or something like that to try and stop them. . . could you be arrested for impersonating an officer?
I think no, unless the person 'breaking into' your car is a police officer with a search warrant. But even then, there are rules and laws governing search and seizure.

I would think that a defense attorney may be able to dismiss charges as someone was under duress. Id say by that point the police would drop all charges, esp if in a bigger City under the 'this is dumb' law.

If they're independent contractors, that would separate them from the student part of "student athletes", wouldn't it?

At what point are they hired to play sports and no longer expected to actually enroll in the university? I suppose they could technically do that, but I dont think any university would ever allow it.
IDK universities will do a lot for money.

If you're walking through a parking lot and you see someone breaking into your car. . . if you yell "police, get on the ground or I'll shoot", or something like that to try and stop them. . . could you be arrested for impersonating an officer?
In the context you gave, no.

Screenshot_20240423_083445_Chrome.jpg

I don't know which is scarier though, a trained cop who knows and generally lives by the rules, or a some dude with a handgun stressing over a heathen getting fingerprints on his pride and joy.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
April 23, 1985

New Coke:
"Coca-Cola, which had been the world’s bestselling soft drink, had been facing increasing competition from rival cola Pepsi, and the company wanted to re-energize the brand. In blind taste tests, consumers generally preferred New Coke over Pepsi and the original Coke. But, consumers had a sentimental attachment to their beloved brand and reacted very negatively to New Coke. The company was flooded with up to 8,00 calls a day from dissatisfied consumers and received some 40,000 complaint letters. CEO Roberto Goizueta got a letter addressed to “Chief Dodo, The Coca-Cola Company.”

The soda company quickly got the message and brought back the original formula less than three months after New Coke launched. On July 11, 1985, 79 days after the release of New Coke, Coke’s original formula returned to market, rebranded as Coca-Cola Classic. It quickly regained its status as the dominant cola.

Biggest marketing blunder in history.....................or...................Greatest marketing strategy in history

1713880737511.png

Either way.......Pepsi and RC Cola are better

This..right here...is the biggest massive downside to all this chaos...quality experienced depth will become non-existent for most, if not all programs.

Which means...injuries are going to make huge differences in outcomes.

Outside of the very few programs that will be able to afford to keep everybody they want...The teams that are lucky enough to have very few starter injuries, or the teams that have the rare freshmen that can play consistent quality football when a starter goes down for any length of time, will be the teams that win big.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

VN Store

Back