Recruiting Football Talk VII

Happy Choose day. My son has his confrence tournney in Temnis today. If anyone can spare some prayers for him and his competitors to do their best they would be appreciated.

April 23, 2024: Refuse to allow anything to come between you and Me, says the Lord. Continue to seek the truth and to speak nothing but the truth. Let every step you take be according to My will and purpose for you. Be sensitive to the check in your spirit when something seems off; stop to reconsider your course of action. Never doubt that I will show you the way. Psalm 25:4-5 Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day.

Happy Choose day. My son has his confrence tournney in Temnis today. If anyone can spare some prayers for him and his competitors to do their best they would be appreciated.

April 23, 2024: Refuse to allow anything to come between you and Me, says the Lord. Continue to seek the truth and to speak nothing but the truth. Let every step you take be according to My will and purpose for you. Be sensitive to the check in your spirit when something seems off; stop to reconsider your course of action. Never doubt that I will show you the way. Psalm 25:4-5 Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day.
Thank you for posting this. NGL, needed this today 😃💪 Hope your son does well.

Losing fans
Vs
Gaining 3/4 of a billion.

There is a reason women get on only fans and try to pretend they still have self respect, and it ain't the admiration of their fans. Lol
As hard as it would be...I could not sell my soul like that.

Before anybody says "sure you wouldn't"...when we left Florida to come here 9 years ago, we walked away from 2 good jobs with companies that highly valued us making close to $100,000 combined...to come to this place where we didn't even have a job and jobs are scarce. We bring in a little over $40,000 combined now...but it has been a slog getting to that much.

Money ain't everything to everybody.

Must be a slow week or @VolsDoc81TX is on vacation. He's just a couple hours behind 👀
Slow week.
I may have perfected my scroll by technique for subjects that don’t interest me as well.
Don’t know about the rest of y’all but it kinda disturbs me when I am caught up. Just don’t seem natural. 😎

His team could be losing by a wide margin, but he’d run for a first down and celebrate like he just won the Super Bowl. He didn’t seem humble
This maybe up for understatement of the year. Arrogant a-holes thought Cam was an arrogant obnoxious jackwagon. He's Deion all over again, except dumber, if that is possible.

@VolsDoc81TX or other VN medical professionals... my FIL has been recommended to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for 2 hours a day, 6 days per week, for 6 weeks to treat prostate issues that cause recurring issues with peeing blood and difficulty peeing. Any thoughts or resources we can read about the efficacy and effectiveness of this kind of treatment? TIA.

You just look for things to get pissed off about huh. We took advantage of their mistakes. Did you watch the game? I did. They had crucial mistakes late and we made them pay, like good teams do. Without those mistakes, it becomes harder for us to win.

Don’t call me out on this. And mind your own damn business anyways
You've just described every ballgame in every sport in history. Games are not won, they are lost.

@VolsDoc81TX or other VN medical professionals... my FIL has been recommended to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for 2 hours a day, 6 days per week, for 6 weeks to treat prostate issues that cause recurring issues with peeing blood and difficulty peeing. Any thoughts or resources we can read about the efficacy and effectiveness of this kind of treatment? TIA.
1713874038032.gif

I’m no doctor and my comment is in no way a critique of the treatment you’ve been prescribed. Best of luck.

`I don’t see any way they would be considered state employees. Let’s say you are paid to endorse Wiegels, and/or Dish Network, and/or the local Hummer dealership, and/or a local motel chain. You have a contract with them and every time they show a commercial with you in it or do a radio spot using your name, you get paid. In addition to that, you sign football cards and a local entity sells them along with t-shirts with your name or personal logo and pays you. Then, someone videos you saying happy birthday to someone’s mom and pays you for that. Maybe a local non-profit gets you to speak at a fund-raising event and you get paid for that. How can any of these endorsements and payments for your name, image, and likeness make you a state employee?
If the state school has you on payroll for playing on the state school's football team?

Lol, totally different era. Manning was 3rd in the NFL in passing yards as a rookie, Newton was 10th even though he threw for more yards.

Also worth noting Newton never threw for 4,000 yards again in his career. Manning did it 14 times.

He's right though that Manning wasn't great as a rookie.

This isn't 2015. They don't have a choice.

It's no longer the "Permission to transfer" model, it's the "Notification of transfer" model.
Players leave for one of three reasons, they are moving up, they are not as good as the others around them or they're not as good as they think they are. If they are good enough they play and get paid. The non P4 schools are a defacto minor league system now and players prove themselves there and move up. Some players overvalue themselves and the teams are unwilling to meet their price, others see the landscape around them and realize they are not going to get the PT. I would also expect that in some cases the collectives are garbage and not well funded, but that is not the reason in the majority or cases. Happy people don't move.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back