Recruiting Football Talk VII

Darvin Ham fired. I liken the Laker’s HC gig with LeBron like I did the Yankees manager job under George Steinbrenner before he got “banned for life” and real baseball people made steady, patient choices to build their most recent dynasty. That lasted as long as he could reemerge to FIX things. 😏

I'm glad you responded and I was wondering about it. I agree about knowing more now, than then, and doing things differently. I would've handled discipline a little better, especially with my oldest.

I was fortunate to have a job, when the kids were growing up, that would let me go to inschool events and not have to burn vacation hours. I was a volunteer coach for each sons teams for a while. I played outside with them as much as I could and didn't value money over time with them. I still feel like I missed so much. Life goes by too fast.
I helped coach my sons football teams, went to all of their basketball games and after school events, but I worked 100 miles away from home (fighting Nashville I-24 traffic) and had to use my PTO a couple hours at a time to be able to be present at those times. Days they didn’t have events, it was leave the house at 5am and get home after 7pm every day, their whole lives. A lot of time missed.

Darvin Ham fired. I liken the Laker’s HC gig with LeBron like I did the Yankees manager job under George Steinbrenner before he got “banned for life” and real baseball people made steady, patient choices to build their most recent dynasty. That lasted as long as he could reemerge to FIX things. 😏
Ray Charles could see that coming. Darvin Ham is a scapegoat, hearing that LeBron wants Tyrone Lue as new HC.

Thanks. Cracking up laughing and nearly falling out of my chair may have been inappropriate.
So that statement means that on more than one occasion they were confronted by family who didn’t want the cremation after said cremation. It’s often amazing to me how little attention is paid when people are presented with non-reversible processes. 😳

According to the ESPN scroller:

Kirby Smart is now making $13 million per year.

Who needs that much money?

Where does this madness end?
And schools (HCs and ADs) love telling congress, "but we can't afford to pay players!!" ..... "but luckily our fans can afford to fund NIL!"

What a great scheme they have going 😒

Or the conferences could opt out and create their own leagues and the ncaa falls into ruin. Either way, schools and even more so conferences are going to make out well in all this, at least the sec and big 10 that is.
The schools are the ones that will have to pay. They are the crooks behind the ncaa. Always have been.

The unis and conferences will have to pay up now and in the future, whether under the NCAA or NCAA 2.0 or SECBIG10AA.

The players will get paid eventually and no frontman is going to protect the members from these lawsuits and the rule of law.

The popo in NOLA once stole one of my cars. I mean they had a perfect-condition car in a legitimate parking space towed without reason as "abandoned," but it never arrived at their lot. It took them two days to respond to my phone call reporting the car as stolen (I didn't yet know it was the popo who stole it), and another two days for the supervisor to finally return one of my many calls with the news that it was never signed in at their lot. Two days after that, a different popo responded to my query about obtaining a copy of the video from their camera mounted on the nearby traffic light with the news that they don't have video from that camera (I don't remember the fake reason.) By that time popo or popo-friend had the car disassembled or in another part of the county or both.

I don't imagine that Atlanta post-po would balk at stealing a measly expensive guitar.
Maybe, but this is a one of a kind fingerstyle acoustic from a custom builder that would be hard to sell without getting caught. They could keep it or give it to a buddy, but it wouldn't be easy to pawn or sell online.

Reactions: Volunteer821
It's off to a bad start since they haven't even scanned it in yet and it arrived on Monday. It's a guitar...so a pretty big box that's hard to miss. The sender called and got a case going on it yesterday since tracking hasn't updated since Saturday and we're hoping that might get them to find it and get it moving again. I'm just glad he put an airtag in the case so we at least know where it is...or we know where the airtag is...maybe the guitar has been stolen. It somehow cleared customs in busy NY in an hour but hasn't even been scanned in Palmetto in five days. Just ridiculous.
Mine never updated, it just showed up a couple days late. It said it was still there when it was delivered.

Mine never updated, it just showed up a couple days late. It said it was still there when it was delivered.
Our local PO is pretty good about scanning everything, so maybe it will just show it's out for delivery one morning here soon. That actually gives me a little hope. Thanks for letting me know how it went for you. It was fully insured and I've already got it covered on my personal instrument insurance policy, so I'll be fine even if it disappears...but it's definitely frustrating.

Reactions: Orange.
Maybe, but this is a one of a kind fingerstyle acoustic from a custom builder that would be hard to sell without getting caught. They could keep it or give it to a buddy, but it wouldn't be easy to pawn or sell online.
Glad the shipper put a tag in the box, and especially glad you have it insured. Very sorry for your situation and the frustration. I hope it works out well.

VN Store

Back