Recruiting Football Talk VII

`I don’t see any way they would be considered state employees. Let’s say you are paid to endorse Wiegels, and/or Dish Network, and/or the local Hummer dealership, and/or a local motel chain. You have a contract with them and every time they show a commercial with you in it or do a radio spot using your name, you get paid. In addition to that, you sign football cards and a local entity sells them along with t-shirts with your name or personal logo and pays you. Then, someone videos you saying happy birthday to someone’s mom and pays you for that. Maybe a local non-profit gets you to speak at a fund-raising event and you get paid for that. How can any of these endorsements and payments for your name, image, and likeness make you a state employee?
If the state school has you on payroll for playing on the state school's football team?

Lol, totally different era. Manning was 3rd in the NFL in passing yards as a rookie, Newton was 10th even though he threw for more yards.

Also worth noting Newton never threw for 4,000 yards again in his career. Manning did it 14 times.

He's right though that Manning wasn't great as a rookie.

This isn't 2015. They don't have a choice.

It's no longer the "Permission to transfer" model, it's the "Notification of transfer" model.
Players leave for one of three reasons, they are moving up, they are not as good as the others around them or they're not as good as they think they are. If they are good enough they play and get paid. The non P4 schools are a defacto minor league system now and players prove themselves there and move up. Some players overvalue themselves and the teams are unwilling to meet their price, others see the landscape around them and realize they are not going to get the PT. I would also expect that in some cases the collectives are garbage and not well funded, but that is not the reason in the majority or cases. Happy people don't move.

Last edited:
Lol, totally different era. Manning was 3rd in the NFL in passing yards as a rookie, Newton was 10th even though he threw for more yards.

Also worth noting Newton never threw for 4,000 yards again in his career. Manning did it 14 times.

He's right though that Manning wasn't great as a rookie.
But isn’t that because what Manning was good at takes more time to develop especially on a bad team? Cam was good at running which can cover a lot of mistakes and make a good defense work harder. Just hard to compare the two even though he tried.

What sullies his legacy even further is his NEED to discount Peyton and drop back passers in general…like that redeems him or strengthens his case for Canton. Dating back to his post SB press conference. His apologists dredged up the trainer crap and tried to sully Peyton all the way to his retirement PC. Manning handled it right by addressing it once. Cam couldn’t follow the great QBs in growing his game and ultimately failed in adult dignity.
I choked on my coffee. Scam ain't getting into Canton without a ticket, maybe not even with one.

Slow week.
I may have perfected my scroll by technique for subjects that don’t interest me as well.
Don’t know about the rest of y’all but it kinda disturbs me when I am caught up. Just don’t seem natural. 😎
Yep, I don't have anyone on ignore but I too have perfected my scroll by technique when I see certain avatars..

VN Store

Back