Recruiting Football Talk VII

If they Schiano this, how long before the pious ESPN talking heads implement pious justice? 🤔
200w.gif
Why would they? They're not Tennessee, they are respectable.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
They didn't "get rid" of him either. He wasn't fired. He decided that it was worth walking away from a $32M buyout to get away from the ridiculous expectations and verbal abuse. That should be cautionary and instructive for us here, but I doubt the usual suspects are smart enough to figure it out. Makes you wonder why Coach Barnes seriously considered UCLA. Or maybe you shouldn't wonder. Thank goodness DW was willing to do what it took to keep the man, rather than indulge his hubris and go find a "winner".

As for how it applies to us, just pointing out that DW's handling of the LV has risks, but far more potential reward, whereas the path that many here would insist on looks a lot like what KY has done. KY is a "basketball school" with pedigree, and they still fell face first in crap. I'll take DW's approach every time, particularly since he's demonstrated some aptitude at picking winners.
It has been my position, since getting over the initial shock of Cal leaving of his own accord, is that Call has really F'd KU. I can't imagine anyone other than a nobody or a lunatic would take the job after watching him walk away from a bluest of blue bloods and 30 million. That has to be a Weezer size red flag to any candidate. I mean I don't even think Donald Trump would spit on 30 mil.

*we may have mis-calculated. . . she's decently attractive herself and that wasn't factored into the acclimation period. . . it may offset some of the shock of Tony V.

I would be willing to sit on the opposite side of the stadium from Tony V and create a hotness counterbalance. Just need someone to send me a ticket to the game and provide transportation to and from my home.

Kentucky fans are unbelievably ignorant. I'm scrolling through Twitter and I saw

"Well coach Cal didn't have any tournament wins before he got to UK" um he had TWENTY FIVE at Memphis and UMass dude.

"Dan Hurley and Nate Oats didn't win any tournament wins at URI and Buffalo." THEY BOTH HAD TWO. GOOGLE. USE IT.

"Well Dan Hurley only had a 58% winning percentage at Rhode Island and struggled his first few years at UConn. Mark Pope is 70% at BYU" um, hello Kentucky fans, ever heard of A REBUILD??? Hurley built Rhody from the depths to win two A10 titles and two tournament games and URI and BYU are NOT the same. He struggled his first few years at UConn because he had to....REBUILD THEM. Holy crap they have ZERO perspective.

They can't Google, they can't comprehend different levels of college basketball, rebuilds? Does not compute. Winning at a high level at schools with far less resources than spoiled Kentucky? Doesn't ring a bell for them. Don't get it.

LOL that fanbase could very easily help wreck their program with their insane standards.
Don’t correct them, encourage them.

Reactions: Orange.
They’re elite at squawking and gaslighting, but Schiano Sunday and its weak Aggie stepsister was a demonstration of grassroots social media maneuvering and enlistment of politicians and business owners. I don’t think they have the steel.
And they don't have the business owners unless you count cooking meth in a double wide a business.

VN Store

Back