Recruiting Football Talk VII

Any of you dudes and dudettes ever add cream to grits? I think I'm going to stir it in late while stirring, and see if it's the bomb I imagine it will be in my shrimp and grits.
About 23 years ago I had fried green tomatoes served on a bed of coarse creamy grits at Magnolia's in Charleston and it was very much the bomb.

I do hope Danny White has the opportunity to replace Barnes when he retires. I know he didn’t hire TV but he’s like Kim Caldwell… feel like he’ll get us a good young coach for the basketball team but likely one who won’t break the bank, that we’ll fuss over, but will turn out better than we could have imagined.
I think he will do what he did at Buffalo when Hurley left and hire an assistant - but an offensive-minded one (idk who that would be).

I believe that because (in no order) 1. White clearly loves big offenses. 2. White considers the input of team leadership. 3. White will consider Barnes' input. 4. Retaining a successful staff would be great for continuity, limit turmoil, and not make recruits freak out as much.

We're better set to have success Year 1 if we do this than if we clean house and hire a new staff which would likely also flip the roster. Thankfully the portal makes that easier, but not ideal.

I peeked over there too.. it is even more wild over there with the folks arguing and whatnot..so funny

A lot of people who think they’re the smartest person in the room over there and just about all of them haven’t a shred of basketball knowledge contrary to what they attempt to portray.

“Caldwell, who played under her maiden name, Kim Stephens, is married to Justin Caldwell. He joined the Marshall men's basketball staff in the summer of 2023“

🤔

Both were at Glenville State before this.
Oh boy, the blue hairs don't like nepotism. In fact, they love Kellie so much they blame her husband Jon for why they played poorly.

How did I "correct " you? I said it was most likely a stat sheet. You think it's talking points for his interview. You or I don't really know do we? However, I've been around basketball most of my 50plus years as a player, head coach, assistant coach and I have run high school tournaments as a director and have helped run tournaments. And currently I'm still in the game of basketball, it's my employment. So I do know that stat sheets are handed out at halftime and at the end of these games. That's why I think that's probably what he has in his hand. Again, it doesn't really matter anyway as I don't care either way.
You didn't correct me. You tried to though, multiple times.

A review:

My initial post:
*They showed it again. They gave Edey talking points tonight. View attachment 632514

Your 1st reply which you stated as fact:
That is the stat sheet he is looking at

My response and explanation:
I've never seem them give a player a stat sheet before a post game interview.

Did you see his post game interview last week? He got a ton of backlash for saying the "f" word on live tv. He also blasted sweet, old Rick Barnes for not offering him a scholarship. They gave him "talking points" last night to keep him from looking like a punk again.

Your response and questioning if it's really a stat sheet.
Yeah I saw it. Every college basketball game prints off stats at halftime and after the game, I would imagine that's what he's looking at. How do you know what he's looking at?

My response with another attempt to explain.
How do you know?!?

Zack Edey was a PR disaster last week. I doubt Purdue shoved a stat sheet in his hand right before he was interviewed.

Your response stating that you don't know and don't care
I don't and neither do you. And fact is I really don't care what the hell kind of paper he had in his hand.

My response letting you know I believe you do care:
You cared earlier today. That's why you "tried" to correct me. 🤨

Your last response. Saying Edey was most likely reading a stat sheet and letting me know your extensive history with basketball and stat sheets. Finishing again with "I don't care either way".
How did I "correct " you? I said it was most likely a stat sheet. You think it's talking points for his interview. You or I don't really know do we? However, I've been around basketball most of my 50plus years as a player, head coach, assistant coach and I have run high school tournaments as a director and have helped run tournaments. And currently I'm still in the game of basketball, it's my employment. So I do know that stat sheets are handed out at halftime and at the end of these games. That's why I think that's probably what he has in his hand. Again, it doesn't really matter anyway as I don't care either way.

I'm posting my initial picture again with a close up of the paper in question. Remember this was immediately following the final whistle, not in the press room. With your background in tournaments, would you have individual stat sheets printed and ready to go within 1 to 2 minutes of the conclusion of the ball game? Screenshot_20240407_202300_DuckDuckGo.jpg
20240406_232326.jpg
Also remember, in Zak Edey's previous post game interview (following the TN game), he cussed, he was immature, and he called out the opposing team's coach. He was more subdued in the post game interview last night. What could have changed? Edey reading his stat sheet or a note reminding him to act more mature when you get a microphone put in your face?

Who posted in here or shared a link that said CKC was getting $3.2 million.

Her salary is 750k. Hollie was making 1.1.

There is a clause that if she wins the national championship that her salary goes to the highest paid in women’s basketball. 🏀
That's a big 🍆 swinging contract clause. And that must be where the rumor about "making a candidate the highest paid coach" came from.

I’m trying to decide whether or not to go take a peek at the LV forum and stir things up with a boom gif..😈
They’re still pretty raw over there. If memory serves me correctly, one poster said they’d eat a cat turd on live stream if Stephens (Caldwell) was hired. I keep waiting for the link but nothing yet.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back