Recruiting Football Talk VII

I would rather have a good coach that plays exciting ball that has to learn recruiting than the other way. Will be some growing pains but will work out hopefully.
I would too. One of my biggest complaints about Kellie was a complete lack of any offensive strategy. Other than an occasional pick and roll, I saw zero offensive ingenuity.

I'm excited about this hire. That doesn't mean I don't have concerns. I always give coaches a chance. I gave Dooley a chance. I gave Butch a chance. I gave Pruitt a chance. With each, I knew early on that each would fail. Pruitt pretty early on.

I will cheer this coach on as if she's won a championship. She got a tough row to hoe right off the bat. She'll need to get some players quickly and do more with less. She'll have to prove herself, on the court to attract that top talent. She'll also need help from boosters and NIL. I'm excited to see how it unfolds.

I do hope Danny White has the opportunity to replace Barnes when he retires. I know he didn’t hire TV but he’s like Kim Caldwell… feel like he’ll get us a good young coach for the basketball team but likely one who won’t break the bank, that we’ll fuss over, but will turn out better than we could have imagined.

Last edited:
How did I "correct " you? I said it was most likely a stat sheet. You think it's talking points for his interview. You or I don't really know do we? However, I've been around basketball most of my 50plus years as a player, head coach, assistant coach and I have run high school tournaments as a director and have helped run tournaments. And currently I'm still in the game of basketball, it's my employment. So I do know that stat sheets are handed out at halftime and at the end of these games. That's why I think that's probably what he has in his hand. Again, it doesn't really matter anyway as I don't care either way.
I've never ever seen a player given a stat sheet

I do hope Danny White has the opportunity to replace Barnes when he retires. I know he didn’t hire TV but he’s like Kim Caldwell… feel like he’ll get us a good young coach for the basketball team but likely one who won’t break the bank, that we’ll fuss over, but will turn out better than we could have imagined.

If Caldwell turns out to be a nice hire then I certainly hope so. Wouldn't mind CRB having a hand in his replacement also.

@Fairacres Vol 🤷

*I thought it was weird too. Players don't talk about their stats during the post game on court interview.

**It doesn't matter but you know how I am. If I get challenged and I feel like I'm right, I'll keep going until I get the last word, get an agreement from the other poster, or issued a VN timeout. 🤣
I'm not challenging you, I stated what I thought it might be because they are common.

VN Store

Back