Recruiting Football Talk VII

Winning in a less competitive conference with less talent is not the same as winning in the SEC. She'll have to recruit at a much higher level and she does not have the relationships with the kind of players we need.
Understood. I have faith in DW to help her get the support and recruiting help she will need.

Which one of you is this............. @butchna ;)

Hey...if she identifies as a dog what the heck is wrong with it?

This is extreme extreme sarcasm...these scum are gross, and they are a product of this degenerate insane immoral disgusting perverted world.

More and more of this is coming.

Analytics are good "tools"...until they are not and your stupid rigidity gets your ass beat.

The NBA plays little defense and has no elite defensive teams...College still does.

Dominant defensive college teams bc of lack of skill on the offensive end in college. Everybody is crazy good in the NBA.

Caldwell has my full support, but I can’t lie, I am a bit dejected by the hire. Kellie wasn’t the future, that much is obvious and I supported her removal, but she at least had success here. Sure not the expectations we desired, but still successful. This hire feels like a real gamble, and at the crossroads the LV program is in, do we need a gamble? I certainly hope it pays off and thus far, I have no reason to question or support DW and company, so I’ll go along with it, albeit with apathy.
Kellie didn't have "success" here...it might have been thought of as "success" at East Podunk State University...but it is not "success" in the House that Pat built.

If she was "successful" here, she would not be a fired former coach right now.

I've never seem them give a player a stat sheet before a post game interview.

Did you see his post game interview last week? He got a ton of backlash for saying the "f" word on live tv. He also blasted sweet, old Rick Barnes for not offering him a scholarship. They gave him "talking points" last night to keep him from looking like a punk again.
Yeah I saw it. Every college basketball game prints off stats at halftime and after the game, I would imagine that's what he's looking at. How do you know what he's looking at?

Understood. I have faith in DW to help her get the support and recruiting help she will need.
I get it. The issue is, he has not provided that. He just fired a coach for not being able to recruit at an elite level and hired a coach with even less experience in getting the kind of players the LVs need. And she will be forced to recruit out of the portal immediately. So we'll see.

Imagine being mad bout hiring a coach that just took a scrub team and winning the conference tournament in her 1st season... is they a way we can block a certain forum? They's some lunatics in the LV forum and I even seen a couple there that wonders in here.. some of their takes are absolutely wild. Seen several DW is overrated, we'll not make the tournament the next 3-4yrs, we'll be here again in 2-3 seasons, & my fav was *we're following along with the football hires" or some dumb sh!t like that.

Give the woman a chance🤦‍♂️. Wanna see why ppl say Vol fans are crazy & annoying just take a look at that forum or any fb/Instagram post.. Good Lord. Rant over lol
We are the best fanbase in sports..

We are the worst fanbase in sports..

Both statements are true.

Dude...that is awesome...my grandaddy made me a John Wayne fan when I was a little boy and I remain one today, I have bought a ton of his movies digital copies and DVDs and sometimes me and my mother-in-law have a John Wayne marathon day.
Love it!

Rio Lobo
Red River

My favs!

I get it. The issue is, he has not provided that. He just fired a coach for not being able to recruit at an elite level and hired a coach with even less experience in getting the kind of players the LVs need. And she will be forced to recruit out of the portal immediately. So we'll see.

Why don’t you trust DW’s decision making?

Holly recruited fairly well but couldn't coach. Kellie didn't or couldn't recruit and couldn't coach. Kim can at least coach, even if it is at a lower division level. However, coaching is coaching IMO.

Yeah I saw it. Every college basketball game prints off stats at halftime and after the game, I would imagine that's what he's looking at. How do you know what he's looking at?
How do you know?!?

Zack Edey was a PR disaster last week. I doubt Purdue shoved a stat sheet in his hand right before he was interviewed.

VN Store

Back