Recruiting Football Talk VII

An actual bull, or a big girl at a bar at last call?
had a buddy who always acted and claimed to be a don juan (wasnt me, clearly). He'd always say he did this or that with whatever girl, who cares?

I always joked he was the last guy at the bar, and girls felt sorry for him. taking home the last girl at the bar is like dropping your toast on the floor for 5 count. we've all picked it up, dusted off the hair, and dove in. then not told anybody about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: CABVOL
No kidding, just have the common sense to see it for what it is. They can both be great and are great, no matter what era they play in. Its apples to oranges and it shouldn't matter. How is it a slight to pistol Pete that a woman has more points than him. Just recognize what an accomplishment it is for her. Same game but different sports if that makes sense. She is an all time great just like pistol Pete period.
Think you said it better than me.

Reactions: Volunteer821
So, not to be argumentative, and at the risk of appearing to have lost my marbles... Then why conflate the two if they are two different sports? Why make the comparison? Is it an "equality' issue? If so, it's pretty stupid to claim equality while also needing different equipment and dimensions.
Why are we claiming equality? They are different because men and women are different. The equipment is different because of that. I don’t think you should compare them.

Why did they conflate that to start with? The NCAA mens record book is NEVER going to acknowledge Clark as the all time scorer...so why did whoever conflate it...just to make some feminist point when there was none to be made?...there was no reason to piss off anybody...Clark deserves the accolades for being the all-time WOMENS scorer...it's an amazing accomplishment...period.
Absolutely

It's not "carrying water" to say that Pearl lied and put our program in jeopardy. He got himself a three-year show cause out of it.
Compare that to Frank Haith who participated in Shapiro’s scheme at Miami ….lied about it and served a few games suspension… ran to Missouri… committed several more violations and got the NCAA hammer down on them which led him to run to Tulsa to become their head coach.

Pearl was given a three year show cause for lying about a minor rule that the NCAA decided was legal before they ruled against Pearl. A rule that he called the NCAA and told them the truth before their NCAA investigation was over…..You know who hasn’t admitted lying…. Frank Haith who was found guilty of doing so much more egregious offenses…. Our AD has one major job…. protect our athletic department… A job that mike hamilton failed miserably at.

Last edited:
So, not to be argumentative, and at the risk of appearing to have lost my marbles... Then why conflate the two if they are two different sports? Why make the comparison? Is it an "equality' issue? If so, it's pretty stupid to claim equality while also needing different equipment and dimensions.

is anyone claiming more than she is now the all time leading scorer in NCAA basketball?

That’s undeniably true.

It’s not apples to oranges, it’s just a broader category.

You can have the same argument if someone broke the record in DII. They’d still have the record though, or some 6th year senior did it.

You can always move the goal post, but … why? Just let people celebrate a milestone. Save the arguments for when they try to give NPOY to a 7’6” statue again 😂

is anyone claiming more than she is now the all time leading scorer in NCAA basketball?

That’s undeniably true.

You can have the same argument if someone broke the record in DII. They’d still have the record though, or some 6th year senior did it.

You can always move the goal post, but … why? Just let people celebrate a milestone. Save the arguments for when they try to give NPOY to a 7’6” statue again 😂
It’s silly when they do it across divisions as well.

That’s undeniably true.

Were DII playing the same equipment and dimensions?

Saying she scored more than any NCAA hockey player in history is also undeniably true. It's not apples and oranges. Just a broader category. Sports in general. She's scored more than any NCAA soccer player too, I'm sure. You know, nets, balls, points...

I mean, anyone is free to make those arguments, and we'll be free to point to how useless and stupid they are.

What's funny is that trying to conflate this point is actually undermining NCAA women's sports. It's like their accomplishments can't be important if it's just a women's accomplishment. Somehow, it's only important if it's somehow conflated with men's sports? Otherwise, apparently, it's just measuring the tallest "short person".

VN Store

Back