Recruiting Football Talk VII

I think the problem comes when you conflate two different sports.

They use two different sizes of equipment--a shorter goal, smaller ball, and same sized goal. It takes less hand-eye coordination to score with those. That's just physics. It's not defensiveness of sexism. It's two different sports.

And yes, it's possible to just give her props and recognize her greatness in her sport without conflating the two. Are women so fragile that they need a head start to be great? Should we applaud a woman for being faster in the 50 yard dash than men are in the 100, and then call her the fastest human ever?

* No marbles we harmed in the above post.
That is a good point though, she does get to tee off from the women's tees. And that's okay. Its still a great accomplishment for the women's game. Can't compare it to the men's though, not the same.

So, not to be argumentative, and at the risk of appearing to have lost my marbles... Then why conflate the two if they are two different sports? Why make the comparison? Is it an "equality' issue? If so, it's pretty stupid to claim equality while also needing different equipment and dimensions.
I agree with that. Shouldn't be comparing the two.

That's like saying someone who was executed for jaywalking deserved it and bares all the blame because they shouldn't have been breaking the law.

When a punishment is wildly more severe than the crime, you can rightly say those administering the punishment are in the wrong.
Oh, I thought we were talking about what he did wrong knowing that it was wrong and what the punishment for that was.

Didn’t realize we were talking about punishment fitting the crime.

The fragile folks are losing their marbles over this 😅 and Bammers had no marbles to begin with.

They somehow take Caitlin...a woman, taking over the record...as an offense against Pete 😅🤣

Like...literally every person gets these are 2 different sports. Hell...Pete hardly even even played against any black players...but these are historical records. They are what they are. These 2 played vs the opponents they were handed...and they each kicked a$$ and are greats.

People that can't just hand out respect, instead of falling back into their shell of fragility and defensiveness I'll never understand.

People are just recognizing greatness before their eyes. One's greatness shows respect to others' greatness, it doesn't diminish it. But the negas' worldview is so polar opposite.
Why did they conflate that to start with? The NCAA mens record book is NEVER going to acknowledge Clark as the all time scorer...so why did whoever conflate it...just to make some feminist point when there was none to be made?...there was no reason to piss off anybody...Clark deserves the accolades for being the all-time WOMENS scorer...it's an amazing accomplishment...period.

So, not to be argumentative, and at the risk of appearing to have lost my marbles... Then why conflate the two if they are two different sports? Why make the comparison? Is it an "equality' issue? If so, it's pretty stupid to claim equality while also needing different equipment and dimensions.
Exactly...does ANYBODY here or anywhere think Clark could beat Pete Maravich (at the same age...before you smart-ass say something dumb) one on one?

There was zero need for anybody to conflate the two records.

Oh, I thought we were talking about what he did wrong knowing that it was wrong and what the punishment for that was.

Didn’t realize we were talking about punishment fitting the crime.
Well, I was talking about punishment fitting the crime. I did butt into a conversation though lol

Reactions: GoBears
I think the problem comes when you conflate two different sports.

They use two different sizes of equipment--a shorter goal, smaller ball, and same sized goal. It takes less hand-eye coordination to score with those. That's just physics. It's not defensiveness of sexism. It's two different sports.

And yes, it's possible to just give her props and recognize her greatness in her sport without conflating the two. Are women so fragile that they need a head start to be great? Should we applaud a woman for being faster in the 50 yard dash than men are in the 100, and then call her the fastest human ever?

* No marbles we harmed in the above post.
I agree with this. They are not comparable for different reasons. Her accomplishment is awesome. His is awesome. But acting like she somehow passed him is not the way to celebrate what she just did. It takes away from her when the headlines say she passed him. You automatically start thinking of the reasons why she didn’t. There’s someone in women’s BB that has scored more than someone in men’s BB.

VN Store

Back