Recruiting Football Talk VII

Pearl doesn’t matter….. Its about the University and that cost us a really good coach… It didn’t hurt as bad as it could have bc Barnes became available after a couple bad hires.
Not following the logic. Did the university make him make the violation? Did the university make him lie about it? If not then he is to blame for what he did. We all know about the AD at that time. Different subject.

Nope, not budging on this one. If the NCAA wanted to promote honesty and cooperation, they shouldn’t take every opportunity to punish honesty and cooperation.

There’s a LOT of stuff you can hold against Bruce, but I won’t hold that particular sin against him.
I’m fully capable of holding it against him and the NCAA.

Honestly never thought I'd see it. There was so much pessimism about UT athletics for so long.

Anyone check on Larry's opinion lately? He was the king of doom and gloom about all things Vols for years and years.
He’d always post updates on how we’d never be relevant again. Now his updates suggest current relevancy.

Not following the logic. Did the university make him make the violation? Did the university make him lie about it? If not then he is to blame for what he did. We all know about the AD at that time. Different subject.
That's like saying someone who was executed for jaywalking deserved it and bares all the blame because they shouldn't have been breaking the law.

When a punishment is wildly more severe than the crime, you can rightly say those administering the punishment are in the wrong.

That's like saying someone who was executed for jaywalking deserved it and bares all the blame because they shouldn't have been breaking the law.

When a punishment is wildly more severe than the crime, you can rightly say those administering the punishment are in the wrong.
For the record, everyone knew the NCAA goes sideways when they are lied to. That wasn't a shocking turn of events.

I feel gross now.

Wow. They really are idiots, all of them.
The fragile folks are losing their marbles over this 😅 and Bammers had no marbles to begin with.

They somehow take Caitlin...a woman, taking over the record...as an offense against Pete 😅🤣

Like...literally every person gets these are 2 different sports. Hell...Pete hardly even even played against any black players...but these are historical records. They are what they are. These 2 played vs the opponents they were handed...and they each kicked a$$ and are greats.

People that can't just hand out respect, instead of falling back into their shell of fragility and defensiveness I'll never understand.

People are just recognizing greatness before their eyes. One's greatness shows respect to others' greatness, it doesn't diminish it. But the negas' worldview is so polar opposite.

Yeah…..they really tried to hold down Curry’s shots . Maravich is a HOF that hed his number retired by two different NBA teams… The LSU team won 3 games before he got there… won 14 his first year…. improved to 22 his last yr at LSU…. His shooting % was similar to Curry even with the extra shots…. He also had more rebounds and assists.
Pete was a freaking wizard with the ball...his ball handling was freakish.

The fragile folks are losing their marbles over this 😅 and Bammers had no marbles to begin with.

They somehow take Caitlin...a woman, taking over the record...as an offense against Pete 😅🤣

Like...literally every person gets these are 2 different sports. Hell...Pete hardly even even played against any black players...but these are historical records. They are what they are. These 2 played vs the opponents they were handed...and they each kicked a$$.

People that can't just hand out respect, instead of falling back into their shell of fragility and defensiveness I'll never understand.

People are just recognizing greatness before their eyes. One's greatness shows respect to others' greatness, it doesn't diminish it. But the negas' worldview is so polar opposite.
I think the problem comes when you conflate two different sports.

They use two different sizes of equipment--a shorter goal, smaller ball, and same sized goal. It takes less hand-eye coordination to score with those. That's just physics. It's not defensiveness of sexism. It's two different sports.

And yes, it's possible to just give her props and recognize her greatness in her sport without conflating the two. Are women so fragile that they need a head start to be great? Should we applaud a woman for being faster in the 50 yard dash than men are in the 100, and then call her the fastest human ever?

* No marbles we harmed in the above post.

Like...literally every person gets these are 2 different sports. Hell...Pete hardly even even played against any black players...but these are historical records. They are what they are. These 2 played vs the opponents they were handed...and they each kicked a$$ and are greats.

No kidding, just have the common sense to see it for what it is. They can both be great and are great, no matter what era they play in. Its apples to oranges and it shouldn't matter. How is it a slight to pistol Pete that a woman has more points than him. Just recognize what an accomplishment it is for her. Same game but different sports if that makes sense. She is an all time great just like pistol Pete period.

I just think greatness is greatness and it's worth celebrating, same as I celebrated Pat Summitt making it to 1,000 wins first in NCAA basketball.

No kidding, just have the common sense to see it for what it is. They can both be great and are great, no matter what era they play in. Its apples to oranges and it shouldn't matter. How is it a slight to pistol Pete that a woman has more points than him. Just recognize what an accomplishment it is for her. Same game but different sports if that makes sense. She is an all time great just like pistol Pete period.
So, not to be argumentative, and at the risk of appearing to have lost my marbles... Then why conflate the two if they are two different sports? Why make the comparison? Is it an "equality' issue? If so, it's pretty stupid to claim equality while also needing different equipment and dimensions.

VN Store

Back