Recruiting Football Talk VII

Also, for all this talk that "we killed the NCAA" and "the NCAA is powerless", they still have some power as our football scholarship reduction is still in effect.

And? I think the "too" is what the points have been about.

You implied that it was degrading to the women’s game that they had to use the men’s record for promotion.

I’m not going to bother checking if they did recognize the women’s record. I’ll never know or care.

I also never knew about pistol Pete. I also assume his record is irrelevant, and he would get smoked by modern day players.

But hey, now I know 2 things I never would have known because some people were upset by a tweet.

(I’m not really going anywhere with this, continue on)

Because we agreed to it.
Because we had actually broken rules that were in effect. The reason they lost on NIL is because there were no rules, and they can't just apply rules retroactively. Anyone who breaks clearly established rules can still be held accountable should the NCAA decide to do so. The NCAA could hammer Michigan if they chose to. They probably won't, because apparently Michigan, like certain other schools, is part of the privileged class, but they could.

Because we had actually broken rules that were in effect. The reason they lost on NIL is because there were no rules, and they can't just apply rules retroactively. Anyone who breaks clearly established rules can still be held accountable should the NCAA decide to do so. The NCAA could hammer Michigan if they chose to. They probably won't, because apparently Michigan, like certain other schools, is part of the privileged class, but they could.
We said we broke rules then excepted punishment.

Guess we did self report and use the incident to not pay a coach we fired.

Probably should play along with that one.

Edit: actually no, still F them.

It was bad judgement, no doubt. All could have been avoided if our compliance department had talked to him about what was coming. They chose to send him in there blind and he made a bad choice.
So he didn’t realize he was lying? Or he didn’t realize they would know he was lying? The compliance department knew they would know and didn’t warn him?

Also, for all this talk that "we killed the NCAA" and "the NCAA is powerless", they still have some power as our football scholarship reduction is still in effect.
Just like the NCAA can’t retroactively punish us, their decisions can’t be retroactively removed.

We’ve lost @Weezer.

😢
lmao

You can hate the NCAA and believe they are obsolete while still recognizing they aren't defunct yet. They still have the power to level punishment on actual rule breakers. They attempted to overreach and apply rules retroactively that would break anti-trust laws. That's why we won. That doesn't mean they suddenly have absolutely no power whatsoever.

VN Store

Back