Recruiting Football Talk VII

2-Play action to TE over the middle(CJH been setting them up for 2 weeks)😎
Seeing Bama/Tx, I can't wait for Davis to be healthy and matured.

The top teams these days seem to all have stolen the uber-athletic TE thing. We need our own and while I like what our current TEs provide, it's night and day in the passing game when you see their dudes. Ethan Davis is our dude.

Sirius radio, aka Doering, talking about them selling out on the run.

I wouldn't mind it. Milton has been VERY accurate on bombs from Vandy and on. And now with Cooper back, he should have even more time.

At this point I think it would be to our advantage to play big ball. A bunch of 3rd downs in the Swamp isn't optimal.

Yeah the weird thing is sometimes smaller schools selling out on the pass look better defensively against us because our style of passing attack loves single coverage and mismatches.

So any team that lines up trying to stop the run will have shots taken on them, and when we hit those usually become TDs. A team that sells out on the pass usually gives up chunk run plays, but rarely is it one big play for a TD instead we're driving it 6+ plays to get TDs and even if we average 15 seconds a play that's a drive that took twice as long as normal because we used more plays to get there.

Two things I bet we see Saturday night
1-Buckeye Kirk showing/talking about Joe’s miscues(Ad nauseam)
2-Play action to TE over the middle(CJH been setting them up for 2 weeks)😎

1- doesn't exist really, that's what's crazy. Joe is 42 of 63 for 66.7% 429 yards and 4 TDs with 0 INTs

Hendo after 2 games last season was 45 of 67 for 67.2% 546 yards and 4 TDs with 0 INTs

But Joe has 1 more TD rushing than Hendo had...so is the extra 117 passing yards that big of a deal? (Hooker also went to OT against Pitt)

Offense this year has scored 10 TDs (4 passing 6 rushing)
Offense last year scored 12 TDs (5 passing 7 rushing)

The biggest difference through two games has been chunk plays in passing game. And as it's been pointed out that's more about the schemes we've faced so far where dropping for coverage was more common.

Twss GIF - TWSS - Discover & Share GIFs
Average Ref in NFL makes 205,000 a year , think NCAA makes enough to pay proven refs????

Reactions: drvenner and KptVFL
1- doesn't exist really, that's what's crazy. Joe is 42 of 63 for 66.7% 429 yards and 4 TDs with 0 INTs

Hendo after 2 games last season was 45 of 67 for 67.2% 546 yards and 4 TDs with 0 INTs

But Joe has 1 more TD rushing than Hendo had...so is the extra 117 passing yards that big of a deal? (Hooker also went to OT against Pitt)

The biggest difference through two games has been chunk plays in passing game. And as it's been pointed out that's more about the schemes we've faced so far where dropping for coverage was more common.
Joe is seriously like 2 dropped passes away from being the toast of the town

Literally. Take Keyton’s drop in UVA game and just Bru’s in APSU game and the talk on here for the heisman would be outta control lol
I can think of a good game to make up for that if the receivers are so inclined

I may buy a piece of Joe swag from the Vol Club store for every game he goes over 300 all purpose yards

I know the NIL collective can't incentivize for on-field performance, but the fans sure can

edit: I'll say 350 all-purpose so I can say "tree fiddy" more often

Literally. Take Keyton’s drop in UVA game and just Bru’s in APSU game and the talk on here for the heisman would be outta control lol
Don't forget Joe's best pass of that UVA game was that pass to Bru on the side of the endzone. Absolute dime. Bru was 2 toes away from that being a TD.

I love this and there are a bunch of fans who need to read it. You say dropping for coverage was more common, I say dropping passes had something to do with it too.

If I was Heup, I wouldn’t worry about trying to immediately get Joe into a rhythm. I’d love to see our opening drive be a 10 play TD drive - 8 runs, 2 bubble screens - right at Floridas teeth. They don’t have the speed or stamina to stop us, why shoot ourselves in the foot early by trying to take shots down field that don’t connect?
Honestly that's about what we did against a much inferior defense in Virginia. We still struggled at times.

Heup just needs to have him breathe and stay loose. Trust his reads and let it go on time. He's trying too hard.

Joe is seriously like 2 dropped passes away from being the toast of the town
Yeah there have been countless things you can point to.

How about the Keyton fumble? We at worst kick a FG that drive. Probably a TD.

Or the fumble that wasn't. We should have gotten the ball in AP territory. Just those two things and that game is at least 44-13. Maybe 44-6.

No way we keep dropping all these passes.

I think losing Tillman & Hyatt to the NFL hurts more than the fans want to admit. Hyatt being open by a mile whenever he wanted made the offense unstoppable last year. Bru is a hoss, but he is built to play the Jennings role, not WR1. Keyton and Squirrel need some time to find their identity and confidence to help out Milton. Until that group comes together we are going to be leaning heavily on our run game.

I think we beat Florida off the back of our defense.

VN Store

Back