Recruiting Football Talk VII

Florida is a physical team so is Tennessee so it’ll be a battle. Passing game shows something and it’s a Tennessee W. Hopefully the defense shows up
Yeah it'll be a battle, but our defense is every bit as good as Utah's and we are way more athletic.

Florida is going to have a very hard time getting anything done. They'll have to convert every 4th down like last year and hope our offense plays exactly like they played against AP.

I'll be nervous until we start completing passes, but it feels very unlikely to me that we continue to drop everything and have a million holds and crazy bad officiating.

Yeah it'll be a battle, but our defense is every bit as good as Utah's and we are way more athletic.

Florida is going to have a very hard time getting anything done. They'll have to convert every 4th down like last year and hope our offense plays exactly like they played against AP.

I'll be nervous until we start completing passes, but it feels very unlikely to me that we continue to drop everything and have a million holds and crazy bad officiating.

Florida and Bama repeatedly kicked us when we were down. Time to return the favor, ten-fold.

If I was Heup, I wouldn’t worry about trying to immediately get Joe into a rhythm. I’d love to see our opening drive be a 10 play TD drive - 8 runs, 2 bubble screens - right at Floridas teeth. They don’t have the speed or stamina to stop us, why shoot ourselves in the foot early by trying to take shots down field that don’t connect?

If I was Heup, I wouldn’t worry about trying to immediately get Joe into a rhythm. I’d love to see our opening drive be a 10 play TD drive - 8 runs, 2 bubble screens - right at Floridas teeth. They don’t have the speed or stamina to stop us, why shoot ourselves in the foot early by trying to take shots down field that don’t connect?
They definitely have the speed, and the down the field shots are what open up the run game for us.

Reactions: Glitch
You have 0 stars.
Dumb And Dumber Mr Perfect GIF - Dumb And Dumber Mr Perfect ...

I bet the tight ends eat. I predict a TD for Warren and Castles. We loosen a defense early and then hit them big down the middle and sideline. UF will focus on the deep ball and wideouts. We haven’t shown much to the tight end yet and I bet we do a lot this week.
Was just thinking this earlier today. Castles needs the ball more

When you see teams do it after a loss, sure.

Vols are 2-0. Too many of y’all looking for drama
Nm I see you were just discussing the player-only meeting.

I digress.

By no means a concern, ie "HeuPEl iS losInG tHe TeaM". But the players know, win or lose, we have a lot of problems to fix. And that's good.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoVol
Some people will think it's sour grapes, but I will never understand how officials aren't already vetted by the league. All you have to know is the circumstances of the calls in Pruitt's second season when the line judge blew the whistle to slow down our offense for no reason in the Bama game. He was a graduate of Hoover High School, his brother was pro-Bama on social media, and his aunt worked in the league office. How that can be acceptable is beyond me.
Because it's not incompetence. He stopped the game because we lined up in the Wildcat, they were unprepared, and we were going to score. If you recall, the official turned and looked at Saban, so Saban could call timeout (that was not his job), but Saban was asleep at the wheel, so the official called an official's timeout for Saban. If it happened to Bama, heads would roll.

Because it's not incompetence. He stopped the game because we lined up in the Wildcat, they were unprepared, and we were going to score. If you recall, the official turned and looked at Saban, so he could call timeout, but Saban was asleep at the wheel, so the official called timeout for Saban. If it happened to Bama, heads would roll.
Lol y'all are so ridiculous.

I saw a clip a while back Bama fans were passing around on Twitter of the Fant PI, side by side with like three passes from that game where our DBs had way more contact than that with no call.

I guess that particular ref had a cousin who's step brother's sister in law was a UT grad or something 😂

Thing is teams like Austin Peay and VA will drop 8 every snap and let us drive down the field because it'll force our tempo to slow down and run more clock.

But SEC teams aren't trying to slow us down they want to get us off the field so they'll rely on man more and blitz us.
Sirius radio, aka Doering, talking about them selling out on the run.

I wouldn't mind it. Milton has been VERY accurate on bombs from Vandy and on. And now with Cooper back, he should have even more time.

At this point I think it would be to our advantage to play big ball. A bunch of 3rd downs in the Swamp isn't optimal.

Lol y'all are so ridiculous.

I saw a clip a while back Bama fans were passing around on Twitter of the Fant PI, side by side with like three passes from that game where our DBs had way more contact than that with no call.

I guess that particular ref had a cousin who's step brother's sister in law was a UT grad or something 😂
Well, no. It's only a conspiracy when others are doing it 😁

Get yer head out of the dirt!!

VN Store

Back