Recruiting Football Talk VII

I think losing Tillman & Hyatt to the NFL hurts more than the fans want to admit. Hyatt being open by a mile whenever he wanted made the offense unstoppable last year. Bru is a hoss, but he is built to play the Jennings role, not WR1. Keyton and Squirrel need some time to find their identity and confidence to help out Milton. Until that group comes together we are going to be leaning heavily on our run game.

I think we beat Florida off the back of our defense.
They all looked fine against Vandy and Clemson. Just doesn’t seem to have clicked yet and maybe that all changes this week

UF has to play a flawless game and convert on a number of early 4th downs or the game gets out of reach fast.

Tennessee can stumble a little and just control the game with the rushing attack.

It’s the same script as always but the roles are reversed.
Truth. Some reason I feel like we either blow them out or lose a close one because of miscues. Seems like UF always gets some crazy plays for no reason when they play us.

I’m thinking it finally clicks and we blow them out.

Seeing Bama/Tx, I can't wait for Davis to be healthy and matured.

The top teams these days seem to all have stolen the uber-athletic TE thing. We need our own and while I like what our current TEs provide, it's night and day in the passing game when you see their dudes. Ethan Davis is our dude.
I think you’re discounting Castles.

Saturday's game feels like it will get out of hand either way, doesn't feel like it will be close. I just don't know what to make of it.

- Has this offense been vanilla to date and Saturday we will see last year again?
- How much of this is Halzle and missing Golesh?
- Are the receiver drops really a worry or a product of one game overlooking an inferior opponent?
- Will Milton be as serviceable as Hooker or is there a legitimate processing issue he can't overcome?
- Is this defense for real or have they feasted on inferior opponents?
- Can we win in the swamp and are we over the head case issues with Florida?

Really hard to answer any of those with any certainty, IMO. Obviously a huge win on Saturday puts all these to rest.

I was at the game, and I guess I just don’t agree it was largely on Milton. Was he good? No. But there were drops, fumbles, and other mistakes by other players. I keep seeing questions discussing with friends about going deep, and I guess I just assume people understand our offense. They played 2 high safeties alot. When they blitzed, we didn’t take advantage of it. Just my opinion from what I saw.
Yeah, and now we're at the stage where we criticize because they don't answer questions the way we think they should.

So predictable.

the dropped pass(es) in the 1st quarter have been cup checks for the offense in both games

it's time to pull the cover off the machine and let the engine roar baby

after looking back through the offense of both games, and how we did last year in the first 4 weeks, I am convinced that this has been by design and we are about to floor it this week

car-driving.gif

1- doesn't exist really, that's what's crazy. Joe is 42 of 63 for 66.7% 429 yards and 4 TDs with 0 INTs

Hendo after 2 games last season was 45 of 67 for 67.2% 546 yards and 4 TDs with 0 INTs

But Joe has 1 more TD rushing than Hendo had...so is the extra 117 passing yards that big of a deal? (Hooker also went to OT against Pitt)

Offense this year has scored 10 TDs (4 passing 6 rushing)
Offense last year scored 12 TDs (5 passing 7 rushing)

The biggest difference through two games has been chunk plays in passing game. And as it's been pointed out that's more about the schemes we've faced so far where dropping for coverage was more common.
This is completely logical and level headed....

Royal Rumble GIFs | Tenor

Last edited:
I have it on good authority that, (not to name names but a fuzzy purple fur creature) doesn't place all the blame on @Glitch for the lackluster play but secretly places blame on @Freak for disrupting karma by starting a new football talk thread. I hope he doesn't get banned. TIFWIW
I don't blame @Freak at all. In fact, if anyone is to blame in my book it is the purp that you speak of. Always rustling up trouble and flashing the good hard working folks of the Papermill WH. Those folks deserve justice.

I don't blame @Freak at all. In fact, if anyone is to blame in my book it is the purp that you speak of. Always rustling up trouble and flashing the good hard working folks of the Papermill WH. Those folks deserve justice.
I had to go over to Kinston Pike near Papermill from the north side. I literally drove through Pigeon Forge to get there in order to avoid Papermill for that very reason.

1- doesn't exist really, that's what's crazy. Joe is 42 of 63 for 66.7% 429 yards and 4 TDs with 0 INTs

Hendo after 2 games last season was 45 of 67 for 67.2% 546 yards and 4 TDs with 0 INTs

But Joe has 1 more TD rushing than Hendo had...so is the extra 117 passing yards that big of a deal? (Hooker also went to OT against Pitt)

Offense this year has scored 10 TDs (4 passing 6 rushing)
Offense last year scored 12 TDs (5 passing 7 rushing)

The biggest difference through two games has been chunk plays in passing game. And as it's been pointed out that's more about the schemes we've faced so far where dropping for coverage was more common.

This makes me feel better, but most of Milton's passes have been out to the flats as extension of the running game. I could be remembering wrong, but Hooker seemed like he was better at the mid-level passing game. Some of that is the receivers last game, I get it. I do agree the chunk passing plays have been schemed out with the defensive looks we have been getting. If they are giving us 5+ yards a rush or conceding the short passing game we are going to take it.

I have it on good authority that, (not to name names but a fuzzy purple fur creature) doesn't place all the blame on @Glitch for the lackluster play but secretly places blame on @Freak for disrupting karma by starting a new football talk thread. I hope he doesn't get banned. TIFWIW
I have it on good authority that you are a notorious liar, and really, really old!!

tenor.gif

VN Store

Back