Recruiting Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wasn't Barnes at the state tourney for curling last night? I know there weren't any prospects worth watching and no other P5 schools were there but this is just evidence that Barnes isn't trying...forget the fact he was somewhere else recruiting at that time, no excuse, he should've been the only P5 HC there, what a bum.

Why wasn't Barnes at the state tourney for curling last night? I know there weren't any prospects worth watching and no other P5 schools were there but this is just evidence that Barnes isn't trying...forget the fact he was somewhere else recruiting at that time, no excuse, he should've been the only P5 HC there, what a bum.

He's earned that right. Didn't you know?

Chris, maybe you can tell me if there were any schools at the state tournament. The answers may very well be hidden in BTO's butt where your head has been lodged as long as I've been posting on VN.

NC State was reportedly represented. You were already told that. If you're sweating that fact, good for you.

Reactions: 1 person
NC State was reportedly represented. You were already told that. If you're sweating that fact, good for you.

Just wondering if there were any other schools. Pretty sure there were and BTO knows that to be true. That's why he's ducking the question or answering it with qualifiers such as "there were no P5 coaches in attendance without a commit playing."

State tourney with some sought after players. Coach of the state university. Needs to have a presence, particularly when the recruiting thus far has been paltry. We had another coach who blew off high schools in the state, and let guys like Von Bell leave the area without making a push. Not a good trend.

Just wondering if there were any other schools. Pretty sure there were and BTO knows that to be true. That's why he's ducking the question or answering it with qualifiers such as "there were no P5 coaches in attendance without a commit playing."

In a standard and light goog session, I found literally no info. This all started over some random poster summarizing a radio cast. Neither of you even claimed that you researched or knew any pertinent information.

State tourney with some sought after players. Coach of the state university. Needs to have a presence, particularly when the recruiting thus far has been paltry. We had another coach who blew off high schools in the state, and let guys like Von Bell leave the area without making a push. Not a good trend.
The staff are fishing in different waters.m. Name the last instate basketball kid (OUTSIDE of Memphis) to do anything relevant? I think Barnes' and Co know what they're doing.

I think you are grossly overstating the situation. Unlike in football, the Vonn Bell type basketball players in Tennessee have never historically flocked to Knoxville to begin with. Unfortunately, and for whatever reason, the few top-shelf talents in Memphis/Nashville didn't grow up Tennessee "fans". Barnes isn't at risk of losing something he likely never was going to land anyway, and his efforts are better spent in NC, GA, VA, etc., where the talent is much more plentiful.

The Dooley comparison doesn't carry water. The fact is, people just don't like or want to accept the fact that Barnes isn't going to recruit the way he did at Texas. People need to come to grips with that idea. He is recruiting kids who will be here for the long haul. For the most part, those aren't going to be the kids that populate top-50 lists.

No other schools were present that I'm aware of, I added that qualifier because it wouldn't be a shock to here a coach was checking in on his commit, simple as that.

Who?

Then name them.

Put up or shut the **** up.

The only name that I can find that even has a 247 profile is Alex Lomax. He is a 4* '17 PG from Memphis, no UT offer.

Ensworth, Memphis east and Brentwood have guys 4* or higher. Tony literally just posted an article on a kid who played in the state tourney that is considering Tennessee. A 5* player at that.

Ensworth, Memphis east and Brentwood have guys 4* or higher. Tony literally just posted an article on a kid who played in the state tourney that is considering Tennessee. A 5* player at that.

Ensworth and Brentwood academy didn't even play at the same place or the same time iirc

Last edited:

Wtf are you talking about? Ensworth isn't even in the same division as the tourney in question.

I gave you a name, and even a legitimate reason to complain, and you've supplied Jack to this argument.

Wtf are you talking about? Ensworth isn't even in the same division as the tourney in question.

I gave you a name, and even a legitimate reason to complain, and you've supplied Jack to this argument.

My gripe is an overall disappointment in the effort by our head coach on the recruiting trail. I think he should be at the state basketball tournament yearly. There's players there yearly and he needs to make his presence felt at some point.

I assure you there are players there that are worth making a good impression with. Two years ago Jordan Bowden was the best player in that arena. Also played in that tournament the year before.

Until Barnes convinces me he is trying I'm going to suspect that he isn't. You might call that being biased but I don't completely buy the story if he is looking for solid 4 year players and all that. He completely whiffed on his 2017 targets from last summer. So are we getting the guys we want or are we getting who we get and then pitching a narrative in hopes the fans lap it up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back