Recruiting Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another topic where we don't know the amount of recruing days left from the staff. If we knew there were plenty of days left then showing up would have been a good PR move but if days were limited we shouldn't waste the time and days. We just don't know

Schools at the tourney with 1 or more composite 4* players on the roster from the '18 or '19 class...

Memphis East
Brentwood
Ensworth

Schools at the tourney with 1 or more composite 4* players on the roster from the '18 or '19 class...

Memphis East
Brentwood
Ensworth

That Lawson kid from Memphis East should really be considered a take. He's just a sophomore though so we have a while to make that offer.

I didn't ask about teams with commits.

I asked if any P5 schools were there. Guess you side stepped it.

Go back and read my posts, guess you missed something...Barnes went to the state tourney last year when Bone was in it, that's pretty common for coaches to see their guys play in a game like that, that's why I mentioned it.

I'll repeat again and maybe this time you'll catch it, how many P5 schools were there that didn't have players committed? Was Duke there for Garland?

Does anyone know if any P5 schools were at the TN state basketball tournament this spring?

Are you referring to coaches of any type from P5 schools? I know of one myself. NC State had one of their assistant coaches there.

I was told this by someone I know that went to the championship games. There could have been other P5 coaches but that's the only one that I know of. Thanks.

Does anyone know if any P5 schools were at the TN state basketball tournament this spring?

Between looking in the stands and seeing coaches in the hospitality room, I can't remember seeing 1 P5 coach in attendance that was not there watching their committed player play. Maybe I missed an asst coach or two. I don't know every P5 asst coach. The girls state tournament is much better represented by P5 coaches.

Reactions: 1 person
The person I know that said there was an assistant coach from NC State there said it was a coach named Heath Schroyer.

I don't know a thing about him myself. Just that's what my buddy said his name was. Haven't checked NC State website to look into it any further. Thanks.

That Lawson kid from Memphis East should really be considered a take. He's just a sophomore though so we have a while to make that offer.

That Lawson kid's dad was a assistant coach at Memphis at one point, think he's in some kind of other role now. Both his brothers play for Memphis. He's going to Memphis unless his dad is employed somewhere else. Point being he isn't coming here, waste of time.

Basilio reported that Barnes (or any member of the staff) did not even show up for the state basketball championship, despite not being in the NCAA tournament. If true, that's a sorry effort. He needs to be out there in front of these good in-state HS teams as often as possible.

Basilio is incredibly anti-Barnes, so I take any angle he comes with with a heavy grain of salt. Dude is clown shoes entertainment and always, always has an agenda. On a good day, he is a poor man's Howard Stern of Knoxville sports media.

Reactions: 3 people
Basilio is incredibly anti-Barnes, so I take any angle he comes with with a heavy grain of salt. Dude is clown shoes entertainment and always, always has an agenda. On a good day, he is a poor man's Howard Stern of Knoxville sports media.

What has Basilio said that was inaccurate in this case? Was Barnes at the state tourney?

I was there almost the entire 4 days. Very few D1 coaches from any schools were there.

D1 coaches usually do not attend HS championship games. Their presence could make players nervous and can take attention away from the players and the game itself. BTW, this subject comes up every year on VN.

I don't believe he's anti-Barnes. He just wants him to not treat this gig as a golden parachute and recruit like he did at previous schools. Reasonable expectation

A Cal signee named Jemarl Baker has asked out of his letter of intent . He is a 4 star point Guard out of California.

Last edited:
Basilio didn't say anything inaccurate, no Barnes wasn't at the state tourney...I thought those questions were rhetorical, guess not?

You gonna answer my questions now?

Those questions were rhetorical.

The one below that you keep side stepping is the one I want answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back