Recruiting Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can it be "ridiculously false" I literally googled "differences between American and international basketball" my bad that I didn't see the "NBA" part on the article. it was a throw off post, I posted it knowing that it's very common for juco players to take a lot of shots.

Attachments

• IMG_1006.JPG
    IMG_1006.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 162
Rob Lewis on Darrington - "Something may happen there but as I posted last night I think you need to pump the brakes on that one a bit."

Darrington said Tennessee was recruiting him earlier this season, backed off a little bit during the year but have since become “more involved.”

The interest is mutual, Darrington said, with the Vols being one of a handful of teams that have popped up on his radar.

Memphis, Virginia, Mississippi State, Toledo, Western Kentucky and Boise State are other school Darrington listed that have shown interest.

“I’m open for the most part,” Darrington said of his recruitment. “I’m not really trying to think about (the recruitment process) until after the season, just trying to focus on the national championship, winning these games one at a time out here in Kansas.”
ramey

Reactions: 1 person
His team lost today by 2 so I'm guessing Darrignton will start setting up some visits. I have a hard time seeing them pursue a high school senior to add to the class, could be wrong but I think a JUCO or grad transfer is much more likely.

Last edited:
His team lost today by 2 so I'm guessing Darrignton will start setting up some visits. I have a hard time seeing them pursue a high school senior to add to the close, could be wrong but I think a JUCO or grad transfer is much more likely.

A grad transfer is probably the best option so that there's be a 2018 scholarship to have in the back pocket.

Sad thing is that Darius Thompson might be a perfect grad transfer for TN's needs. But we're a bunch of racist crackers... so it won't happen.

Give me Darrington and let's ride...

Bone/Turner
Phillips/Darrington
Bowden/Johnson
Schofield/Pons/Fulkerson
Williams/Alexander/Walker

Kent redshirt

I know you're always looking to "catch VQ" so this will likely be dismissed but I'll give my 2 cents anyways...

Lewis' reply was to a poster who immediately once the Parker transfer was announced was asking if Darrington was going to take his spot? Lewis telling the poster to pump the brakes doesn't mean he's not someone staff is interested in, it just meant that it's not as if he's lined up and the staff had some plan in place with the kid to wait on Kwe to commit.

I know you're always looking to "catch VQ" so this will likely be dismissed but I'll give my 2 cents anyways...

Lewis' reply was to a poster who immediately once Parker transfer was announced was asking if Darrington was going to take his spot? Lewis telling the poster to pump the brakes doesn't mean he's not someone staff is interested in, it just meant that it's not as if he's lined up and the staff had some plan in place with the kid to wait on Kwe to commit.

Ok.

Imo Darrington was always the top choice

Ok.

Imo Darrington was always the top choice

And that is very possible, as I've said all along I had hoped that was the case. Barnes needs to win sooner rather than later and I think taking Darrington over a freshman that needs time to develop makes that more likely.

Basilio reported that Barnes (or any member of the staff) did not even show up for the state basketball championship, despite not being in the NCAA tournament. If true, that's a sorry effort. He needs to be out there in front of these good in-state HS teams as often as possible.

Reactions: 3 people
Basilio reported that Barnes (or any member of the staff) did not even show up for the state basketball championship, despite not being in the NCAA tournament. If true, that's a sorry effort. He needs to be out there in front of these good in-state HS teams as often as possible.

AAU > High School Basketball - Hard to justify using some of your allotted recruiting days on a high school tournament where there is not much talent to look at. The TN guys they are interested in they have visited with recently at their high schools to watch just them workout - (Garland & Wiseman) they also used Ensworth where Wiseman attends as a practice site for the SEC tournament.

Reactions: 5 people

Did he happen to mention which schools were represented??

Going down to the state tourney is such an easy recruiting trip. There's always D-1 talent there from several different classes.

No excuse not to be present for that really.

Going down to the state tourney is such an easy recruiting trip. There's always D-1 talent there from several different classes.

No excuse not to be present for that really.

Well just about every P5 head coach in Tennessee decided not to bother with it, so maybe they're all wrong and the message board posters are right.

Reactions: 2 people
Well just about every P5 head coach in Tennessee decided not to bother with it, so maybe they're all wrong and the message board posters are right.

1. We are the state school
2. Most of those prospects are not in our backyard but in someone else's

Which P5 school was there and who was not?

1. We are the state school
2. Most of those prospects are not in our backyard but in someone else's

Which P5 school was there and who was not?

1. What does that really matter? Should UNC appear at events but not Duke?

2. What uncommitted top prospects were playing in the state tournament, very curious to your answer?

3. From what I've seen there weren't any P5 state schoools in attendance that didn't have a committed player there.

1. What does that really matter? Should UNC appear at events but not Duke?

2. What uncommitted top prospects were playing in the state tournament, very curious to your answer?

3. From what I've seen there weren't any P5 state schoools in attendance that didn't have a committed player there.

1. Fair enough

2. No idea

3. Answer the question

I was there almost the entire 4 days. Very few D1 coaches from any schools were there.

Exactly, people pick the dumbest crap to complain about. If whole staff goes and uses 16 evaluation days and we get around to AAU ball and our staff is out of days they'd be b!tching then too. It would be different if guys we were recruiting or top prospects were there, the staff attending literally would've been for the sole purpose of just showing their face to HS coaches...not worth it, and clearly many P5 staffs felt the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back