Recruiting concerns?

What would we do without the 50 "I am concerned about recruiting" threads. You would think with last three class the thread would start with "I wonder how good this years recruiting class will be?" Oh ye of little faith.

Reactions: 2 people
Two things.

1. Its November

2. Butch has his shortcomings as a coach. However, recruiting isnt one of them.

Wut? Did you just say Butch has his shortcomings as a coach? If anybody else dares mention that you tell em how much they blow and to go root for Florida. What the hey??

Reactions: 1 person
I realize that it is the end of November and things could change but the class of '16 looks very pedestrian compared to the last 2 classes. I realize that class rankings are somewhat dependent on perspective but I also know that right now we have the 22nd ranked class according to Rivals. Kentucky is ranked 20th. I know that bammer has not signed a class ranked outside the top 10 (maybe top 5) since Saban got there and it has worked out pretty well for them.

It seems to me that to get where we want to go our classes should be consistently ranked in the top 10.

Will we see this class ranked in the top 10 after signing day? If not is it a cause for concern?

I wouldn't be terribly worried. I do think this class will be a little meh compared to what Butch has done the last couple years. There are still a few players that we're involved with that are highly ranked and I think Butch a company will close strong. The smaller class thing doesn't hold a lot of water wit me because I know Rivals only counts the top 20 anyway and most feel well sign 20. I expect the class to end up around 10 when it's all said and done with some of our current commits getting bumps too.

I realize that it is the end of November and things could change but the class of '16 looks very pedestrian compared to the last 2 classes. I realize that class rankings are somewhat dependent on perspective but I also know that right now we have the 22nd ranked class according to Rivals. Kentucky is ranked 20th. I know that bammer has not signed a class ranked outside the top 10 (maybe top 5) since Saban got there and it has worked out pretty well for them.

It seems to me that to get where we want to go our classes should be consistently ranked in the top 10.

Will we see this class ranked in the top 10 after signing day? If not is it a cause for concern?

Thanks for the laugh.

I wouldn't be terribly worried. I do think this class will be a little meh compared to what Butch has done the last couple years. There are still a few players that we're involved with that are highly ranked and I think Butch a company will close strong. The smaller class thing doesn't hold a lot of water wit me because I know Rivals only counts the top 20 anyway and most feel well sign 20. I expect the class to end up around 10 when it's all said and done with some of our current commits getting bumps too.

If we end up at 10 I think we will be OK. It bothers me that Kentucky is currently ahead of us in ANYTHING football.

I think it is directly a sign of people realizing Butch is a used car salesman. Fans and recruits ate it up for the first two years...and now he is having to sell results rather than potential.

Reactions: 6 people
I think it is directly a sign of people realizing Butch is a used car salesman. Fans and recruits ate it up for the first two years...and now he is having to sell results rather than potential.

2013 Tennessee 5–7 2–6 6th (East)
2014 Tennessee 7–6 3–5 T–4th (East) W TaxSlayer
2015 Tennessee 7–4 4–3 T-2nd(East) after today?
8-4 after today
potential 9-4 season with bowl win

Good thing he has results to sell!

Reactions: 31 people
We will close out with some nice players and end up top 15 for sure. We can't take near as many so we our waiting out trying to get the big Guys we want(Mecole) Hopefully we will close out the season with two wins, put us in the top 25 to end the season, we should get a ranked opponent and a decent program to play in the bowl. And we just start talking about how we lost to three potential playoff teams and we were in all three games and should have won two. And Arkansas is above average team and would beat a lot of top teams
Maybe Peyton will retire and come be a GA. Lol
I can't believe we crushed this Iowa team who is undefeated, it's like the same team minus their best player(LT) who was drafted top 20 o think. They can't be for real

It will truly be next year or bust on the field. All of our major talent wil be juniors, hopefully we get a surprise, Cam wants to stay and try win the league and more. Austin Davis and Kirkland should be ruthless at LBs spot with Maybin. Our DLine will be older and improved, I think KMac will really show something next year now that he is back playing. I'm hoping Taylor will be a sneaky edge rushing master next year. It's going to be the best team we have had in a long time. We just can't let the coaching get scared, and shrivel up. They need to be open and full throttle, the OLine should be one of the best in the league.

This is a smaller class and CBJ has to be more selective this year. It is not even December yet. Lots of coaching changes and lots of commitments will flip. I do not think the sky is falling just yet.

Reactions: 2 people
When should we be concerned with recruiting? Butch is still HC right?

Butch is a closer. We'll finish top 10 or something like 12 at worst if we only take 19-20. My guess is he takes 22-23 and we finish 7-10.

Reactions: 3 people

Is Saban's current class not ranked in top 10?

Couldn't be less concerned.

We have some incredible evaluators on staff. D'Andre Christmas-Giles is currently a 2-star recruit who is going to get a huge bump. One of the hottest high school players in the country. Just one example.

There are some players who are grossly underrated among our commitments like Christmas-Giles. Do you really want to sacrifice those guys on the altar of better rankings? A couple need to be let gently go..yes, but assuming we pick up guys like Warrior etc...I think we will be fine. This class IMO is not gonna go high no matter what, and I am fine with that.

Remember similar gnashing of teeth last year...this class doesn't have a punter and long-snapper among the commits. Put your pants back on! :scare:

When should we be concerned with recruiting? Butch is still HC right?

Butch is a closer. We'll finish top 10 or something like 12 at worst if we only take 19-20. My guess is he takes 22-23 and we finish 7-10.

Then who would we need to close on in order to get some 4 and 5* to get us even into the top 15? We will more than likely miss on Hardman, Davis, etc... and I don't see us as the favorite for too many others... we are definitely in the top four for quite a few kids, but that math doesn't work in our favor...

I don't get the the phrase "next year or bust" as if Butch gets one shot at this and this is what we were building towards.... ONE potential great season in 2016.... And if he can't cash in then we should cut him loose. And that's it.

This isn't the NFL where half a roster can be flipped in one offseason. Butch is recruiting excellently and we have done nothing but improved in every facet of the game (excluding grass condition lol), between and outside the lines. Butch can stay as long as he pulls in top talent if it were up to me. I don't see a potential Al Golden type loss ever coming out of a Butch team while at Tennessee. And he's certainly not going to get us into legal trouble and he is a good man and good coach.

Stop drawing the line in the sand at the end of 2016.

Reactions: 6 people

You ever post as OskieVolum?

Couldn't be less concerned.

We have some incredible evaluators on staff. D'Andre Christmas-Giles is currently a 2-star recruit who is going to get a huge bump. One of the hottest high school players in the country. Just one example.

You want me to get excited about a 2 star recruit?

I bet you're concerned with little stuff every day of your life :}:}:}. Let Butch do his job and worry about something meaningful :}:}:}.

No need to worry. Only 16 seniors on the roster. stacked for years. lol. don't want this to become a trend, but i have a feeling it won't. esp after two cosecutive bowl wins! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

VN Store

Back