Rattler will pick us apart

And how dare Saban still be coaching.
You lost all credibility with this comment. There is a reason Chavis's college DC career flamed out the way it did. Even mentioning Saban to try to make a point proves the ignorance of your original suggestion. If Chavis still had it, his college career wouldn't have ended the way it did. Football changed, he didn't. Saban evolved, and this is well documented. He changed as the game changed.

I don't recall teams beating the door down the last few years to get Chief on board.

You lost all credibility with this comment. There is a reason Chavis's college DC career flamed out the way it did. Even mentioning Saban to try to make a point proves the ignorance of your original suggestion. If Chavis still had it, his college career wouldn't have ended the way it did. Football changed, he didn't. Saban evolved, and this is well documented. He changed as the game changed. I don't recall teams beating the door down the last few years to get Chief on board
Thanks. didn't know I had any cred to lose. good to know though.

Thanks. didn't know I had any cred to lose. good to know though.

I was surprised as well, but you had a remnant of it. It diminished with each Chavis post and now it's gone. You had a good run, though. They can never take that away from you.

I was surprised as well, but you had a remnant of it. It diminished with each Chavis post and now it's gone. You had a good run, though. They can never take that away from you.
All in fun. I'll feel better if Martinez gets the boys ready to shut down Rattler. Make up some for the FL loss.

All in fun. I'll feel better if Martinez gets the boys ready to shut down Rattler. Make up some for the FL loss.
Oh I know. I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Haha. I do have confidence in Garner and the d line/linebackers making it tough for Rattler to have a chance to make throws.

This might be the game to play SLOOOWWWW. Take every second available on the play clock. Keep the ball away from them as long as possible. I don’t believe we can “ outshoot “ SC, until or unless we’re able to get to Rattler physically. If we can do that, go Tempo and just out score them.
Heupels offense is ineffective running slow

Reactions: Tnphil
Mason would be a HOME RUN hire!! He is a proven DC. He had good defenses at Vandy FGS.
I agree, but I think we would see Martinez cut loose first and Hype keep Banks a bit longer. I don't know much about Banks, think our front 5 or 6 has played very well at times and not so well a few times, but Mason would be a fantastic hire. Seems like just a great guy too.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I do not understand this built Heisman like god complex some of our fans have put on Rattler when he played the game of his career last year and has done Jack diddly squat in the other 25+ games…. They are coming to Neyland, it’s at night, Joe is Hendon’s best friend and starting, we haven’t lost at Neyland in 681 days…. Yall need to sack up and get behind the team this week. Playing scared is chicken sh!t….

To date, South Carolina can not defend a passing game….. Maye lit them up. Will Rogers lit them up. Beck even in his weakness hurt them in second half…. I trust Heupel after 4 games to make a game plan that will be lethal to the Cocks and helps Joe Joe.

Reactions: tntar heel
I do not understand this built Heisman like god complex some of our fans have put on Rattler when he played the game of his career last year and has done Jack diddly squat in the other 25+ games…. They are coming to Neyland, it’s at night, Joe is Hendon’s best friend and starting, we haven’t lost at Neyland in 681 days…. Yall need to sack up and get behind the team this week. Playing scared is chicken sh!t….

To date, South Carolina can not defend a passing game….. Maye lit them up. Will Rogers lit them up. Beck even in his weakness hurt them in second half…. I trust Heupel after 4 games to make a game plan that will be lethal to the Cocks and helps Joe Joe.
Listen, I dislike Rattler as much as the next guy, but he’s completing 74% of his passes this year and averaging 311 yds per game. 7/2 TD to Interception ratio and he was 18/20 last week for around 300 yards and played a very clean game. Our secondary is a bad matchup for a good QB unless we are able to prepare well for him and get A LOT of pressure on him. Their run game has been pretty much non existent, so it’ll be interesting to see what exactly we do.

VN Store

Back